IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Should the 2014 IS F-Sport have Fog Lights in the USA?
YES, we want Fog Lights on the 2014 IS F-Sport.
85.60%
NO, we do not want Fog Lights on the 2014 IS F-Sport.
14.40%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on "Fog Lights" for the 2014 IS F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 05:03 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I see you can buy the Fog lights from lexus in Japan on Ebay already for $1399. Were the US versions built with a diffderent front bumper? The fitment guide says not available for USA F-Sport
Old 06-25-13, 05:23 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gocubs08
So, I see you can buy the Fog lights from lexus in Japan on Ebay already for $1399. Were the US versions built with a diffderent front bumper? The fitment guide says not available for USA F-Sport
The only listing on ebay.com that you saw right now is the LED fog with illumination for non- F Sport 3IS only. This is a Dealer Option from Lexus Japan. It is for people who like to change the halogen fog light to LED one on their non F-Sport 3IS.

LEDフォグランプ(イルミネーション付・ホワイト)*

ホワイトの光が上品に光るイルミネーション付フォグランプ。
イルミネーションはイグニッションONで点灯し、フォグランプ点灯時には消灯します。また、イルミネーションOFFスイッチ付なのでイグニッションON時でも消灯できます。

89,250円 (消費税抜き85,000円) 1.4H
〈K1AU〉
設定:“F SPORT”全車と“F SPORT”以外の
コーナービューカメラ&モニター
装着車は除きます。
サイズ:LEDフォグランプ灯体
/最大径94mm、奥行127mm
【LEDフォグランプ】
光速:730lm
色温度:5,000K

写真の色や照度は実際とは異なります。

ボップアップフード作動への影響を配慮した商品となります。---- This product affects the operation of pop-up hood.
Old 06-26-13, 09:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

*** Correct.. Those JDM LED housings will be for the regular IS bumpers...

The 2014 F-Sport Bumper IS Fog Lamps are confirmed as "Standard" LED's in the Japan Market...

I have already secured that the Fog Lamp Projectors, Fog Covers, Stalk and some additional wiring will be running approx. $1000 in parts...
(not including labor $100-$200 ball park)

This should give some indication why the lamps were 86'd from the US Market..

Either way if you want to go JDM.. This the cost..

~ Joe Z

Old 06-27-13, 02:45 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The Ebay listing that you saw is for the NON F Sport.

Which is the same as this one.

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/lexus-...-led-fog-light
Old 07-10-13, 10:06 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Yes if you build it.. They will come...

2014 IS in "Ultrasonic Blue Mica" w/ Factory LED Fog Lights

IS300 h photos by Lexus UK

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-10-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-10-13, 12:10 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Yes if you build it.. They will come...

2014 IS in "Ultrasonic Blue Mica" w/ Factory LED Fog Lights

IS300 h photos by Lexus UK

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Looks good "Professional driver"
Old 09-12-13, 04:45 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow USA F-Sport owners

Now that you have owned the IS250 or IS350 F-Sport for a couple of months...

Give me your Vote..!!!

~ Joe Z
Old 09-13-13, 05:22 AM
c3po33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would make the fog lights similar to the 2014 CTS so we can keep the brake cooling ducts. Just put LEDs on the matte/non shinny section of the air duct for now or rework the lower front air dam.

Old 09-13-13, 12:59 PM
ddb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I am voting yes of course. I've been having my IS350 F for 2 weeks and I am already looking into alternatives to install aftermarket fog lights. As of today, I have only found one place that sells the original Japanese fog lights for the F bumper at www.nigel-jdmparts.com.

I contacted them and this is what I got:

Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: New Message from store:NigelJDMParts 2014 IS350 F Sport Fog Lights

The F Sport Fog Light is available in Japan only.

We already have the Japanese F Sport Fog Light cover and LED Fog Light in stock and ready to ship.

There is no aftermarket fog light for this, I am pretty sure it won't have in a while or will never have. The housing and everything is too new and this housing will only fit on the NEW IS F Sport so far.

You might think the price is steep for this fog light kit, but a similar fog light option offered in Japan for other lexus or toyota are similar in price.

The price will be $1099. But we are looking for someone to do the install and promote it, so we are willing to have a special deal on it right now.

$999, if you are going to get it and fit it on your car.

If you can do further more, promote it on the website and a DIY thread or install thread, I can give you $50 more discount for promoting for us and helping us out.

And it will be $949. This price is pretty much a the bottom and we don't make money on it at all.

We want it to have someone fit them on the car and promote it as well. So we are willing to offer a super good deal for the first guy.

Thank you

Please "LIKE" us on Facebook for latest product update and promotion.
https://www.facebook.com/NigelJDMPartsFanPage
Best Regards,
Nigel-JDMParts

And after I asked them if the kit includes the harness this is what I got:

Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: New Message from store:NigelJDMParts 2014 IS350 F Sport Fog Lights

The full kit will be sell all together.

There is not other fog light that will fit as far as we saw.
The LED Fog light is pretty big, the mounting etc. I don't think there is any aftermarket light will fit onto it.

There is not harness or anything. You gotta wire it up yourself. We can provide a set of H11 aftermarket harness for you.

You might need to cut out the H11 plug and wire it up with the LED Fog.

Thank you

Please "LIKE" us on Facebook for latest product update and promotion.
https://www.facebook.com/NigelJDMPartsFanPage
Best Regards,
Nigel-JDMParts

As far as I am concerned, I am not going to pay a thousand dollars for a kit that has no harness or switches. It would be a headache to install it anyways.

For those that have said no to the fog lights, let me explain the reality of what fog lights are. Today, for most cars, they are simply for decoration and looks, since they are white, they look good and actually illuminate the immediate road in front of you better than the head lights.

If you want real fog lights, you need yellow bulbs. Period. Otherwise, they are for looks and extra illumination.

On my case, I want them for the looks and illumination, so I am looking to get LED lights that can be mounted on the current plastic covers. For those that think the black plastic covers have any function, guess again. they have no function whatsoever. they have a very small cut to let the air go... into no place at all as it dies behind the bumper. My idea is to use the small cut on the plastic to let the cables pass behind the bumper and I will probably look into wiring the lights so they come up as soon the engine goes ON or if possible when the DRL LED lights are ON.

If Lexus decides to add the fog lights to the F models in the future, then I will be selling my lease back to them and getting a new one... unless I am able to set aftermarket fog lights the way I like on my current IS.
Old 09-19-13, 10:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ I actually already acquired ALL the OEM 2014 parts...

From Japan you need the Fog Covers & LED Lamps..

From the USA, we're able to reuse the OEM Stalk switch that comes on a non F Sport model..

IT IS TRUE.. The OEM parts alone can exceed $1k.. Mainly due to the uber expensive OEM LED Projector housings..
Labor can vary from $100 to $250 - Depending on how its done..

Now with that said...
Naturally there is NO OEM Plug & Play harness to provide. But an experienced installer can use a fairly inexpensive ($50) aftermarket fog light harness to make everything work.. It would have proper relays, fuses and be controlled by the new OEM Stalk w/ Fog Switch...

Or a cheaper solution is just a simple On/Off switch that can be mounted on a blank.. With same aftermarket harness.
(This saves money on the stalk purchase & labor to remove the steering wheel to swap out)

I already accomplished this on the 2013 GS350 F Sport, last year.

Will get some pics uploaded hopefully later, of just the 2014 IS F Sport parts..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-19-13 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-19-13, 01:16 PM
ddb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ I actually already acquired ALL the OEM 2014 parts...

From Japan you need the Fog Covers & LED Lamps..

From the USA, we're able to reuse the OEM Stalk switch that comes on a non F Sport model..

IT IS TRUE.. The OEM parts alone can exceed $1k.. Mainly due to the uber expensive OEM LED Projector housings..
Labor can vary from $100 to $250 - Depending on how its done..

Now with that said...
Naturally there is NO OEM Plug & Play harness to provide. But an experienced installer can use a fairly inexpensive ($50) aftermarket fog light harness to make everything work.. It would have proper relays, fuses and be controlled by the new OEM Stalk w/ Fog Switch...

Or a cheaper solution is just a simple On/Off switch that can be mounted on a blank.. With same aftermarket harness.
(This saves money on the stalk purchase & labor to remove the steering wheel to swap out)

I already accomplished this on the 2013 GS350 F Sport, last year.

Will get some pics uploaded hopefully later, of just the 2014 IS F Sport parts..

~ Joe Z
Ok, so how about the OEM Covers only? Then I would just install something less expensive considering also that I am leasing my IS, so I rather install aftermarket LED fogs that can fit somehow the OEM covers and be over with it. Would you mind sharing where I could get just the covers and how much they are?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-13, 02:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Loving this Photo via Lexus UK...

Ultrasonic Blue Mica
LED Fog Lamps
Hybrid Motor..

It should have had LED Headlights too...

~ Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on &quot;Fog Lights&quot; for the 2014 IS F-Sport-led-fog-photo1.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-07-13 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 02:41 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last two cars had foglights, which I replaced with yellow bulbs. I lived in New England and then San Francisco, two areas where I saw plenty of rain and fog. You know what didn't make much of a difference in my driving? The foglights.

Seriously, the few times a year when it warranted using them, they really made almost no difference whatsoever.

I do not care that this car doesn't have foglights and I've always wanted cars WITH them in the past.
Old 10-07-13, 03:03 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JGard18
My last two cars had foglights, which I replaced with yellow bulbs. I lived in New England and then San Francisco, two areas where I saw plenty of rain and fog. You know what didn't make much of a difference in my driving? The foglights.

Seriously, the few times a year when it warranted using them, they really made almost no difference whatsoever.

I do not care that this car doesn't have foglights and I've always wanted cars WITH them in the past.
Awesome input.... Thank You
Old 11-06-13, 08:01 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Thanks to CL Vendor Nigel-JDM Parts...

This will soon be a reality for USA F-Sport owners..

GI: JDM 2014 IS F-Sport LED Fog Light Group Buy

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: This is a POLL to show Lexus USA our opinion on "Fog Lights" for the 2014 IS F-Sport