IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Navigation options prohibited while moving

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 05:32 PM
CharlieVo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

safety is very important, it's like text and drive.
Old 09-16-14, 09:23 PM
JadeRaven
Driver School Candidate

So sad to see that Lexus hasn't fixed this issue yet. I love their products but I can't buy a defective product.
Old 09-17-14, 12:26 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JadeRaven
So sad to see that Lexus hasn't fixed this issue yet. I love their products but I can't buy a defective product.

Issue? Defective product? Hope you're talking about a Beat Sonic module and not Lexus, it's not an "issue". It's simply something you want. An issue would be a melting dash or carbon build up. Not how the navigation was designed with a motion lock. Most automakers do this now not just Lexus, to protect themselves against lawsuits that are clearly going to be user error. If you want to blame something, blame stupid people for the lock-out, not Lexus
Old 09-17-14, 11:25 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
We have redesigned a new NAV/DVD bypass module which is exactly the same as our NT6223 with some advancements:

New body casing: As the new bypass module needs a larger circuit board, we now have a sophisticated new case that features the Beat-Sonic's "wave" logo.

New button: The new button is flat and circular with a lot of surface area for functionality. There is a small red LED indicator light that notifies you when the bypass is active.

New function: DVD bypass is always active and it does not alter any other factory controls.

Programmable: The bypass function is now programmable to shut off by itself after a certain time is passed (1, 2, 5 minutes or indefinitely). You can always deactivate the bypass by pressing the button again. Most people like the bypass to be active indefinitely until you press the button again, which can also be programmed to function this way.

The product page is up: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/bb6223.html
Wanted to chime in that I have the revised version and it works really well and the small button is perfect and hides very well on 3IS. loving this purchase and made the navi much more enjoyable to use.
beat sonic
Old 09-22-14, 08:02 AM
JadeRaven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Issue? Defective product? Hope you're talking about a Beat Sonic module and not Lexus, it's not an "issue". It's simply something you want. An issue would be a melting dash or carbon build up. Not how the navigation was designed with a motion lock. Most automakers do this now not just Lexus, to protect themselves against lawsuits that are clearly going to be user error. If you want to blame something, blame stupid people for the lock-out, not Lexus
Hahaha.

Defective due to design is still defective.

imperfect or faulty.
"complaints over defective goods"
synonyms: faulty, flawed, imperfect, shoddy, inoperative, malfunctioning, out of order, unsound
I can use nav in my BMW whether or not the car is moving. Having to pull off the road to use the nav essentially defeats any utility of the nav.

It's really a shame because the GX and LX are IMO the best luxury SUVs on the market. I suppose if all the other manufacturers did the same I'd have to just deal with it, but when spending this kind of money I'd prefer not to have to use my cellphone for nav.