IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Iphone 6S bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 04:42 PM
MRKIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Iphone 6S bluetooth

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues with an iPhone? Phone is up to date. Even did the one that came out today. Seems like about half the time the phone does not connect. I delete try and re-add. It just won't see the car. Turn the car off and back on and connects right up. I have other bluetooth devices that the phone connects right up to. Including a Bose bluetooth device for bluetooth audio. I can't decide if this is a car issue or a phone issue. Does not see like I used to have this issue until IOS 10. Car is an 08. Non ML With NAV.

Last edited by MRKIS250; 01-23-17 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-23-17, 04:52 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

just turn off the Bluetooth on the phone then turn it back on.

happens with both iPhone and Android, the Bluetooth goes into "sleep" mode when it is inactive for too long (seems to be over night from my experience) and the car can't connect to it, if you turn it off and then back on the phone it will connect.. I used the slide up control center, tap the Bluetooth icon to kill, then tap it again to turn it back on, I've made it a habit to do it anytime I approach the car before getting in .

happens in all of my cars, so I know it is the device not the car.
Old 01-23-17, 05:40 PM
MRKIS250
Driver School Candidate

Thank you but I have tried that several times. Also rebooted the phone. It's like the Bluetooth is not broadcasting. Only step that fixes it is turning the car off and back on. Connects right up after that.
I have even deleted the phone on the stereo and readded it. Nothing shows up on the phone until I restart the car. I would like to have this be a phone issue but my bose device for Bluetooth audio connects flawlessly.
Old 01-23-17, 06:19 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MRKIS250
Thank you but I have tried that several times. Also rebooted the phone. It's like the Bluetooth is not broadcasting. Only step that fixes it is turning the car off and back on. Connects right up after that.
I have even deleted the phone on the stereo and readded it. Nothing shows up on the phone until I restart the car. I would like to have this be a phone issue but my bose device for Bluetooth audio connects flawlessly.
well it could be a faulty Bluetooth module in the car, might have the dealer check it out.
Old 01-23-17, 10:49 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try going into Bluetooth settings on your phone and telling it to forget your device/car. Then pair your phone with the car again. I've noticed that periodically the connection between my phone and my car or Bluetooth headphones will have intermittent disruptions after a while, so I've done the above and it seems to work as it should afterwards.

I leave my Bluetooth on on my phone all the time. That way it is ready to pair with my car or anything else all the time. So convenient to just get into the car and have my music play or continue a phone call in the car. It would drive me nuts to have to remember to turn on or reconnect the phone each time I get into my car!
Old 01-24-17, 03:52 AM
MRKIS250
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. As I stated deleting and re-adding shows nothing broadcasting until the car is turned off and back on. Then it connects right up. Bluetooth is always on, on the phone.
Old 01-24-17, 09:14 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by edhohoho
I would try going into Bluetooth settings on your phone and telling it to forget your device/car. Then pair your phone with the car again. I've noticed that periodically the connection between my phone and my car or Bluetooth headphones will have intermittent disruptions after a while, so I've done the above and it seems to work as it should afterwards.

I leave my Bluetooth on on my phone all the time. That way it is ready to pair with my car or anything else all the time. So convenient to just get into the car and have my music play or continue a phone call in the car. It would drive me nuts to have to remember to turn on or reconnect the phone each time I get into my car!
I leave mine on all the time as well, but since the release of iOS 10 and Android Marshmallow both O/S systems put the Bluetooth into a sleep mode to conserve battery when they are not is use for an extended period of time..

on my iOS it appears to be an issue if the Bluetooth is not used for10-12 hours; the Bluetooth radio stops connecting to anything and needs to be turned off and back on. Since the same issue occurs on both my phone and my wife's phone (same models) and with all 3 of our cars, plus our DTECH phone in the house (a land line that connects both of our iPhones via Bluetooth so we can answer the cell phone on the land line phone while at home). and the Bluetooth headset I occasionally use, IMO it has to be the phone.
Old 01-24-17, 10:09 AM
MRKIS250
Driver School Candidate

Although I would like to think that as well... The phone without fail connects to my bose device in the car for music audio streaming. (I have tested with this disabled as well to rule out interference ) I do wonder if somehow the shared pin code somehow becomes stale again that would not explain deleting the connection on both the car and phone and searching for it with the phone not finding anything until the car is restarted.
Old 01-24-17, 12:16 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MRKIS250
Although I would like to think that as well... The phone without fail connects to my bose device in the car for music audio streaming. (I have tested with this disabled as well to rule out interference ) I do wonder if somehow the shared pin code somehow becomes stale again that would not explain deleting the connection on both the car and phone and searching for it with the phone not finding anything until the car is restarted.

I've never tried it, but is there a way to change the default PIN to something else?
Old 01-24-17, 12:19 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes, you could change the Passcode in Bluetooth setting
Old 01-25-17, 05:23 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Default same issue

I'm having the same issue in my 2007 IS 350. My iPhone 6S is running the latest latest iOS 10.2.1 BETA and this issue still has not been resolved. I think I've had this problem since I upgraded my phone to iOS 10. I don't think the problem is with the car although there is a chance. My car almost never connects to my iPhone for bluetooth calling. I have a Griffin Bluetrip for my music which my phone connects to always, as well as a Satechi Bluetooth Music Controller which also connects no problems. It is just the builtin bluetooth which my phone never seems to connect to unless I do it manually. For years I had no problems until recently in the last few months. I've tried disconnecting, forgetting the bluetooth, reconnecting, etc all that several times and still this issue has not been resolved.
Old 01-25-17, 05:32 PM
MRKIS250
Driver School Candidate

Well 10.3 is now out. For the last 3 days my phone worked perfectly. This evening it would not connect. I have not used the car and phone since the upgrade to 10.3 developer beta. So we will see.
The other test I now have is a Galaxy S3. I want to see when my phone shows no Bluetooth options if the second phone sees the broadcast. I'll update when I test these 2 things.
Old 01-25-17, 09:27 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't have any problem with my bluetooth. My phone is 7Plus and latest official firmware
Old 01-25-17, 11:16 PM
edhohoho
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjeds

I leave mine on all the time as well, but since the release of iOS 10 and Android Marshmallow both O/S systems put the Bluetooth into a sleep mode to conserve battery when they are not is use for an extended period of time..

on my iOS it appears to be an issue if the Bluetooth is not used for10-12 hours; the Bluetooth radio stops connecting to anything and needs to be turned off and back on. Since the same issue occurs on both my phone and my wife's phone (same models) and with all 3 of our cars, plus our DTECH phone in the house (a land line that connects both of our iPhones via Bluetooth so we can answer the cell phone on the land line phone while at home). and the Bluetooth headset I occasionally use, IMO it has to be the phone.
Strange. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and iOS 10.1 (I never update unless I've read that it's safe and represents a significant upgrade) and don't have any problem connecting with my 2012 IS250. I recently had a loaner 2016 IS350 F Sport and never had a problem connecting to Bluetooth except for a 20-30 second delay before music started playing. Phone connects to my IS250 within 5-10 seconds.
Old 01-27-17, 10:28 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Seems like iOS 10.3 has fixed the problem (after many months), just hope it lasts.

Quick Reply: Iphone 6S bluetooth