IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real

Old 01-28-17, 04:56 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Where is the volume control from the HVAC? It's not visible in the pictures, and it doesn't appear there is an alternative screen selection. Or is that what the SET button is for?
Old 01-29-17, 09:38 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this Scosche unit have all the adapters/wire harness to install an off-the-market head unit? Or will you need the beat sonic wire harness?
I currently have the beat sonic wire harness along with a pioneer 4200nex head unit and I love it. I like this Scosche unit because it puts the radio up a little higher. I would sell my beat sonic and give this a try just because of the radio being up a little higher. But, selling the beat sonic might take a while.
Old 01-29-17, 11:11 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
Does this Scosche unit have all the adapters/wire harness to install an off-the-market head unit? Or will you need the beat sonic wire harness?
I currently have the beat sonic wire harness along with a pioneer 4200nex head unit and I love it. I like this Scosche unit because it puts the radio up a little higher. I would sell my beat sonic and give this a try just because of the radio being up a little higher. But, selling the beat sonic might take a while.

It should come with everything. That's the entire purpose of the kit, is to add an aftermarket 2din headhunt to your car.
Old 01-29-17, 11:19 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Thanks,
I'm still in the process of my audio instillation. Once complete, I may switch to this unit. The beat sonic one is working flawlessly so far.
Old 01-29-17, 11:22 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Thanks,
I'm still in the process of my audio instillation. Once complete, I may switch to this unit. The beat sonic one is working flawlessly so far.

Good to know. I have my BeatSonic waiting to be installed. Just sorting out my ABS sensor issue first.

BTW, do you know off hand what size bullet connectors are needed for the Beatsonic harness? I thought that was rather petty that they give a harness with those connectors installed, but don't include a matching set to install on the aftermarket headhunt harness.
Old 01-29-17, 11:42 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viktimize
Where is the volume control from the HVAC? It's not visible in the pictures, and it doesn't appear there is an alternative screen selection. Or is that what the SET button is for?
Yes, once you hit the SET button it will open up a bunch of options. The volume for the factory amp is one of them.
Old 01-29-17, 11:48 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

The scosche unit is very similar to the beat sonic harness because it comes with all the proper wire you would require to hook up an off the market deck. But the scosche unit also gives you the option not only to hook up a double din unit but u could also install a single din unit. The main difference between both are that scosche comes with a fitting dash kit and will require you take take out the oem unit as a whole. With the beat sonic I believe you have to keep a part of the oem unit for it to work together. If that makes any sense.
Old 01-29-17, 01:54 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Originally Posted by Macklock
The scosche unit is very similar to the beat sonic harness because it comes with all the proper wire you would require to hook up an off the market deck. But the scosche unit also gives you the option not only to hook up a double din unit but u could also install a single din unit. The main difference between both are that scosche comes with a fitting dash kit and will require you take take out the oem unit as a whole. With the beat sonic I believe you have to keep a part of the oem unit for it to work together. If that makes any sense.
Yeah with BeatSonic you keep the entire HVAC control centre, so it looks more factory fitting. It seems like the best option other than how low the head unit gets mounted. Would've been cool if they could have moved the HVAC controls all the way down and then mounted the head unit on top.
Old 02-01-17, 07:39 PM
LEX6IX
Rookie

Would've been cool if they could have moved the HVAC controls all the way down and then mounted the head unit on top.
Definitely agree with this.

Very happy to see companies coming out with new dash kits for our car. The Scosche kit looks like a great option.
Old 02-09-17, 07:07 AM
rijn
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy is building me a Nav to Non-Nav wiring harness. This will allow me to switch over two a double din radio using the Scosche LS2151B dash kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-IS250-...-/251052866099
http://www.scosche.com/ls2151b
Old 02-09-17, 09:00 AM
top5
Rookie

Originally Posted by rijn
This guy is building me a Nav to Non-Nav wiring harness. This will allow me to switch over two a double din radio using the Scosche LS2151B dash kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-IS250-...-/251052866099
http://www.scosche.com/ls2151b
Dont think youll need that if you are using the scosche kit.
Old 02-09-17, 09:09 AM
rijn
Rookie

I was told the scosche kit only works on the non nav systems due to wiring harness differences between the OEM Nav and Non-Nav equipped cars.
Old 02-09-17, 11:40 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rijn
I was told the scosche kit only works on the non nav systems due to wiring harness differences between the OEM Nav and Non-Nav equipped cars.
Not true, you can install the kit with a car equipped with a factory nav. I believe the bracket would be a bit different but the option is there. You don't need that harness from eBay.
Old 02-09-17, 04:46 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Good to know. I have my BeatSonic waiting to be installed. Just sorting out my ABS sensor issue first.

BTW, do you know off hand what size bullet connectors are needed for the Beatsonic harness? I thought that was rather petty that they give a harness with those connectors installed, but don't include a matching set to install on the aftermarket headhunt harness.
I have this info. I'll get it for you sometime tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-09-17, 04:56 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

These are the connectors for the beat sonic kit. This link was given to me by beat sonic.

Amazon Amazon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real