IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-16, 07:54 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

well, there are a lot of people posting about doing it, and no one has accomplished it. And this thing is $350, the OEM is going to be a few thousand.
Originally Posted by JBLUR
What design is better the scosche kit or this kit that places the headunit under the factory climate controls? Would like opinions as I am thinking about this mod next.
I say the scosche is better.
Old 12-28-16, 07:30 PM
drew81333
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the beat sonic one because I wanted to have an aftermarket unit that could still utilize the OEM screen as a 2nd monitor and retain the NAV and climate control features. Half way through the install, just waiting on a couple of parts.

Last edited by drew81333; 12-28-16 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-28-16, 09:23 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Anyone bought and installed that scosche kit yet? Need to know if it's a good fit without issues.
Old 12-30-16, 05:55 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Beat-Sonic's kit and it works flawlessly. The only thing I like about the Scosche kit is that the radio is up higher, which I would like.
I actually like the look of the Scosche kit, I don't think it looks outdated at all. Then again I'm easily satisfied.
Old 12-30-16, 05:21 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just pulled out the Beat Sonic kit to start wiring things up. And the harness has all these plug connectors on each individual wire. Which is nice because it keeps things clean, and it's super easy to reverse if you ever need to yank it out. But the bastards didn't include any of these connectors to install on the headunit harness!! Now I have to go out to Radio Shack or something and hunt down the matching connectors before I can do my install. PITA. Might just hack the connectors off and solder everything like normal.
Old 01-26-17, 08:11 PM
rijn
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't the Scosche dash kit work for cars with the Nav?
Old 01-27-17, 01:12 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

So I went ahead and got the kit and bought a double din android head unit after being so frustrated on waiting for another option. I must tell you all, it's a pain to fit the kit in. It works flawlessly but I had issues fitting back the vent because the space was so right. I will post pictures later tonight for you all to see. Overall I happy with it, but if u not careful enough, u will damage your vent, as it has to be removed to install the kit.
Old 01-27-17, 02:26 PM
rijn
Rookie

Did your car come with the Nav? My car has the OEM Nav and worried the kit won't work. I want to remove the factory system and use a double din radio.
Old 01-27-17, 04:24 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rijn
Why can't the Scosche dash kit work for cars with the Nav?
That should be apparent by looking at it. The aftermarket climate controls n the Scosche kit go right where your stock NAV is located.
Old 01-27-17, 04:34 PM
rijn
Rookie

I'll clarify the question. Does the OEM Nav equipped car come with different pin outs / adapters / wiring harnesses that make it incompatible with this kit and a new aftermarket double bin radio that provides navigation?
Old 01-27-17, 05:38 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

I believe
Old 01-27-17, 05:41 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

I believe it's only for cars that came with non navigation.
Old 01-28-17, 10:02 AM
top5
Rookie

Originally Posted by Macklock

I believe
Solid pictures. Was against the unit at first but it has grown on me. Might pull the trigger. What year is your IS?
Old 01-28-17, 10:12 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

I have an 2006 IS 250. The sound is great, you can actually control the volume of the oem amp thru the hvac. I thinks it's a way better option than the harness from beat sonic because it's not so low down. I installed a 7 inch screen android double din with Bluetooth, gps and all. No cd or DVD rom. I run a usb connector and an sd card from the deck to play music and movies. I can install any app from the play store.
Old 01-28-17, 04:31 PM
top5
Rookie

Originally Posted by Macklock
I have an 2006 IS 250. The sound is great, you can actually control the volume of the oem amp thru the hvac. I thinks it's a way better option than the harness from beat sonic because it's not so low down. I installed a 7 inch screen android double din with Bluetooth, gps and all. No cd or DVD rom. I run a usb connector and an sd card from the deck to play music and movies. I can install any app from the play store.
I agree with you. Waiting to see if anyone with an 09+ purchases it and what the gap looks like. Will pull the trigger if its minor.

Quick Reply: Scosche Lexus IS Series Dash Kit Real