IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Vs Stock IS

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-16, 12:35 AM
Richiee
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F-Sport Vs Stock IS

I've always wondered is there any ISX50 F-Sport that has the normal nice leather seats??? Also are the only differences for the F-Sport as follows?
Shift ****, Aluminum door-sill scuff plates, Front Lips, Dark-chrome front grille insert, F-Sport fender badges, Upgraded springs, Upgraded shocks, Upgraded sway bars ,Rims.
Old 12-10-16, 02:15 AM
Koolsport
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Richiee
I've always wondered is there any ISX50 F-Sport that has the normal nice leather seats??? Also are the only differences for the F-Sport as follows?
Shift ****, Aluminum door-sill scuff plates, Front Lips, Dark-chrome front grille insert, F-Sport fender badges, Upgraded springs, Upgraded shocks, Upgraded sway bars ,Rims.
I believe you are correct on the differences, there is also the Sport badged steering wheel .......I don't know of any F-Sports with normal leather seats.
I had leather seats before and they always needs conditioning to keep them from cracking, then they become a little slippery afterwards.
At first I wasn't sure I would like the F-Sport seats but now I like them a lot because they are bolstered more than the regular IS seats and they support you and keep you planted and don't take near the amount of maintenance that leather does.
The micro fiber matte black inserts look good are durable, easy to clean and you don't slide around at all like leather seats.

Last edited by Koolsport; 12-10-16 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-10-16, 03:40 AM
Richiee
Rookie

For sure haha yeah the main reason I didn't get the F-Sport was cause of the seats, also because of the door sills which are metal hole drilled seals i personally preferred the light up "lexus" logo sills but never seen them on a F-Sport. But that front, love the front looks on the F-Sport in addition to the pedals makes the car look sportier.
Old 12-10-16, 08:06 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm not sure about the spring and strut but I'm really there is no F-sport sway bar on that package. Correct me if I were wrong
Old 12-10-16, 08:11 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/packages
Old 12-10-16, 08:16 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I'm not sure about the spring and strut but I'm really there is no F-sport sway bar on that package. Correct me if I were wrong
pretty sure you're correct. Believe our gen IS F-Sports dont come with the sways, only the springs (or something in that general area)
Old 12-10-16, 08:36 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

The F-Sport models came from the factory with stiffer springs and shocks than the non-sport models, as well as different sway bars. Note however that none of these parts are the same as the accessory F-Sport parts that were sold at dealers (lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, large-diameter sway bars).

Factory F-Sport ≠ Accessory F-Sport

As far as the seats go, in Canada they came with all-leather memory seats, however in the USA they were Alcantara/leather without memory.

Jeff
Old 12-10-16, 03:27 PM
Richiee
Rookie

Damn thanks for the info guys, sucks to see that F-Sport doesn't exist with leather seats in the US. Mainly talking about the 2nd Gen IS. Has anyone drove the F-Sport with its stock springs then upgraded to F-Sport springs? Cause it seems like F-Sport is useless if you're later on going to get F-Sport accessories in terms of performance.
Old 12-10-16, 03:45 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

The F-Sport also has updated rear suspension bushings and geometry from the IS F, and the IS250 gets vented rear rotors versus the non-F-Sport (the IS350 has them either way).

Jeff
Old 12-10-16, 07:26 PM
Koolsport
Driver

For sure haha yeah the main reason I didn't get the F-Sport was cause of the seats, also because of the door sills which are metal hole drilled seals i personally preferred the light up "lexus" logo sills but never seen them on a F-Sport. But that front, love the front looks on the F-Sport in addition to the pedals makes the car look sportier.
I change my F-Sport door sills to illuminated blue ones, it was pretty easy, running H&R springs instead of the F-Sport springs with Tokico blue struts and installed an F-Sport anti sway bar.. handles very well now.
Yes no matter if its a base IS or F-Sport the owner still has to pay to change up for F-Sport performance accessories like the struts, springs and sways,...I guess the F-Sport package is about the appearance with some performance upgrades like bigger brakes & wheels, better suspension and the bolstered seats than the regular base.
So considering paying for the wheels, brakes,stiffer springs and shocks and seats, F-Sport grille and lip & badging separately..I would say the extra $$ for the F-Sport package is worth it.

Last edited by Koolsport; 12-10-16 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-10-16, 07:43 PM
Richiee
Rookie

Looks good man, thats something I really like about our Lexus IS, all parts seem to be compatible with F-Sport models and Non F-Sport. Yeah I confused the pedals with the sills however for the stock sills, they're just metal aren't they? I remember going dealer to dealer looking for an IS and always saw that the F-Sport had metal (Not illuminated) door sills.
Old 12-10-16, 07:56 PM
Koolsport
Driver

Looks good man, thats something I really like about our Lexus IS, all parts seem to be compatible with F-Sport models and Non F-Sport. Yeah I confused the pedals with the sills however for the stock sills, they're just metal aren't they? I remember going dealer to dealer looking for an IS and always saw that the F-Sport had metal (Not illuminated) door sills.
Yeah the stock sills are just metal..I ordered some illuminated door sills from Nigel JDM parts and installed them myself.
Old 12-10-16, 11:45 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i believe fsport also comes with aluminum pedals.

and you could order the fsport bbk's with purchase of fsport for more $$ though