IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

'08 IS250 HID problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-16, 03:41 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I kind of just took a guess when I replaced the ballast. but when I researched how to remove it, the only ones I found were ones that said to bake the headlight to soften up the glue and remove it that way.. I wouldnt recommend most people attempt this. Its not hard but you can get overwhlemed quick. It allowed me also to refinish the headlight lens a little easier than it would on the car.

@wbwufpack
I noticed a little flicker every once in awhile so I would recommend ordering a new set of lights if its starting to do that. unless you have other warning signs like dash lights then I would say a flicker could indicate irregular voltage in your bulb itself, like mine did before it started shutting off every couple mins
Old 11-30-16, 04:13 PM
wbwufpack
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hipp
Honestly I kind of just took a guess when I replaced the ballast. but when I researched how to remove it, the only ones I found were ones that said to bake the headlight to soften up the glue and remove it that way.. I wouldnt recommend most people attempt this. Its not hard but you can get overwhlemed quick. It allowed me also to refinish the headlight lens a little easier than it would on the car.

@wbwufpack
I noticed a little flicker every once in awhile so I would recommend ordering a new set of lights if its starting to do that. unless you have other warning signs like dash lights then I would say a flicker could indicate irregular voltage in your bulb itself, like mine did before it started shutting off every couple mins
Thanks man. I am going to monitor it for a couple of days. I can live with it as is, but if it gets any worse I am going to order the bulbs. It sounds like folks have been happy with the products and service from XenonDepot so I will probably reach out to them.
Old 11-30-16, 04:31 PM
The350Girl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had flicking headlight with this Current LExus IS350 AWD too i don't know how long it happened but that nite i saw the driver side flicking shaking bad when i was behind the pickup truck chrome bumper and then 4 days later my Battery went DEAD, everything worked fine but could not start the car, pulled my sister Lexus IS and jupmed phewww car started, got to work and after work went to parking lot car did not start, jumped again car start fine again, called my BF he said it's the battery, he bought me brand new battery from Lexus dealership, put it in Hurray ! everything back to normal like brand new car, no more shake flickin light, Audio system back to normal (LOUD) , well 2 fuses blown though but i replaced them myself