Flat Tire twice a year! Headlight issue &More

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 11:10 AM
stephysnap
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Tire twice a year! Headlight issue &More

Hello

I have an 2011 white is250. I have to change my tires at least twice a year. I used to have the 2007 and I had to also change the tires on them as well. I always ALWAYS get a flat! Is this JUST me? Or do Lexus wheels just really suck! ? help

2nd, my left headlight has had water dripping into it everytime it rains , now its foggy and orange when I went to go get it replaced they said they have to remove the entire front bumper .. wait what? and it will cost 3000?! - excuse me I just drilled a hole and drained the water but its still orange yuck. is that price quote reasonable?

and last but not least.... my bumper.. it fell off , as I was driving it just came off , I cant make these things up!!!! - i have no question about this i just wanted to say how frustrated I am that I have what is considered a luxury car but have all these issues, and not to mention when I got my 2007 the "push to start" button stopped working and my car would just shut off as I was driving .... ugh ...

so basically im sad bc i love my car but am i really the only one who has experienced this?! Also , any help on fixing these problems?
Old 08-24-16, 11:22 AM
trippy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stephysnap
Hello

I have an 2011 white is250. I have to change my tires at least twice a year. I used to have the 2007 and I had to also change the tires on them as well. I always ALWAYS get a flat! Is this JUST me? Or do Lexus wheels just really suck! ? help

2nd, my left headlight has had water dripping into it everytime it rains , now its foggy and orange when I went to go get it replaced they said they have to remove the entire front bumper .. wait what? and it will cost 3000?! - excuse me I just drilled a hole and drained the water but its still orange yuck. is that price quote reasonable?

and last but not least.... my bumper.. it fell off , as I was driving it just came off , I cant make these things up!!!! - i have no question about this i just wanted to say how frustrated I am that I have what is considered a luxury car but have all these issues, and not to mention when I got my 2007 the "push to start" button stopped working and my car would just shut off as I was driving .... ugh ...

so basically im sad bc i love my car but am i really the only one who has experienced this?! Also , any help on fixing these problems?
i dont know anything about the flat tires but my 250 also has water in but lately i havent been getting any ? i think its normal because i see a couple of them have it
Old 08-24-16, 11:42 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Hello

1) Flat tires are not the cause of WHEELS, Unless it has a Leak somewhere but your tire shop would have picked it up. It could just be bad luck of where youre driving (construction zones or you drive over pot holes)
2)Your headlilght is not properly sealed. idk what previous modifications could have been done, but yes you DO need to remove the bumper to remove the headlight. Bumper covers the bracket and also 2 10MM you need to access. Price quote is high, 2011 OEM headlights are about 2800 for a SET.
3) Your Bumpers should be secured with a few screws in the engine bay, 1 Screw on Each side of your fenders right above your wheel. and then I think 8 more on the bottom. Double check to see if it was properly secured in the first place.

Did you purchase the car used?
Old 08-24-16, 11:56 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I assume you bought the 2011 used.

You're pretty vague with your description there. I have a 2010 and have not had any issues with my tires aside from the original crappy Bridgestone's wearing out at around 50k miles. What was the cause of your flats? If your rim was cracked/bent, you'd have a constant slow leak, so I'd assume your tires would become flat more than twice a year. You could have hit a pothole/bump, which may have unseated the seal of the tire. Have you checked for nails? OR are you referring to inner tire wear?

Your headlight lens seal has obviously been compromised if water is seeping into the housing. There are DIYs of how to remove the lens from the housing and reseal with silicone on this forum if you perform a search. You do not have to remove the bumber to remove the headlight, but removing the bumper makes things MUCH easier from what I have read. You can remove the bumper yourself, it isn't too difficult. It just takes time. $3k does seem a bit steap, but then agian a new headlight from the dealer is very expensive to begin with, then add the labor involved.

As for the bumper, yeeeah that shouldn't happen. Was your car ever involved in a collision before you bought it?
Old 08-24-16, 01:36 PM
stephysnap
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the replies

Yes my car was used , only 11,000 miles though and I got it from a Lexus Dealership. I do drive into NY from NJ every day BUT I am getting flats because of the air. I will put air in it and it will be good for a while but then it will be flat again. One time the tire came completely off and I was driving on my rim which caused dents on it.

I am going to look for DIY ways to clean the light, the bulb itself is fine, its just the glass.

And about the bumber , i have no idea and no explanation for it, it happened about 3 years after I had the car
Old 08-24-16, 03:05 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

now you have easy access to change your headlight... sorry you're encountering all these troubles.
Old 08-25-16, 10:17 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with the Lexus. I wouldn't be so quick to blame a manufacturer if I bought a used car. The previous owner probably jacked up the mods.
Flat tires by what? Nails or cuts are something that no manufacturers can prevent.
The headlights could have been taken apart to "black" them out or check the covers if holes were drilled into the covers to install HID kits.
Bumpers falling off mean previous owner didn't re-install the bumper properly when he parted out. Must have had a custom bumper then reverted back to stock or swapped Headlights that requires removal of bumper.

Bring it back and raise hell on how they did the inspection. Perhaps you can get some nice discount on parts and service there.
Old 08-25-16, 11:13 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Thank you for the replies

Yes my car was used , only 11,000 miles though and I got it from a Lexus Dealership. I do drive into NY from NJ every day BUT I am getting flats because of the air. I will put air in it and it will be good for a while but then it will be flat again. One time the tire came completely off and I was driving on my rim which caused dents on it.

I am going to look for DIY ways to clean the light, the bulb itself is fine, its just the glass.

And about the bumber , i have no idea and no explanation for it, it happened about 3 years after I had the car
You must have had a leak on our TIRE.
Driving on the rim is doing to have negative affects.
I still dont understand whats wrong with your lights
Old 08-26-16, 08:14 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ...................

Originally Posted by Icy350
You must have had a leak on our TIRE.
Driving on the rim is doing to have negative affects.
I still dont understand whats wrong with your lights
Lights could be a few things;
1) Check to see if the light bulb access door is closed and sealed correctly this is the main culprit for condensation passing thru.
2) Previous owner may have taken the glass apart to replace the HID ballast or modify the projectors and if not seal correctly you will also have condensation.
3) Healight is cracked

Flat:
1) Cracked wheel
2) Sharp gauge on the lip
3) Loose TPMS
4) Bad valve stems

Not Lexus fault!