IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First Car, Should I buy this Salvaged 2010 IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 10:12 PM
minato
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look for a clean title for 15k
If you are keen on buying lowball to the max cuz No one in their right mind would pay over 7-8k and even after that you are stuck with the car. resale value just isnt there with salvaged.
who does synthetic oil changes every 3k tho ?

remember in this case car was in accident (most likely) insurance salvaged cuz of cost to fix.
Old 07-10-16, 08:19 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Koreatown
Hello, im trying to buy my first car right now, and i found this car looked like a good deal.

But it is however a salvaged title, i know stepping my foot into this game is a gamble but if i get this thing inspected or whatever is it worth it? Or will it still hurt me in the long term?
If me ? i buy it if the car is cheap. We do body chassis and frame for salvage car here, and something you need to know before you buy salvage titled !

1, Insurance maybe higher rate
2, If you keep the car but if you wanna resale after the price will not be the same as market price
3, if you involve in an accident insurance will not pay as market price they will squeeze down the price if the car will be write off

That's it nothing too major, salvage titled can be anything as long as AIR BAG did not deploy the car will be fine, when air bag deploy the car cannot be on the road anymore, to replace those air bags they will cost more than the car usually that car will be for parts. and cars with FATAL crashed, they definitely removed from ROADSIDE.

when we fix the frame and chassis inspector will check before it can be on the road, you can Google Toyota Lexus crashes, mostly no air bag deploy and minor crash, usually any crash that involve insurance write off most likely will be on salvage titled even stolen car and disaster or tree falls.

Sometimes Salvage car less problem than cleaned titled, i don't buy car when they advertised Lady Driven or Old Men driven, these drivers don't maintenance their car most of them don't know about car and they are rich, they drives car for a period of time and sell it because the car turns crappy, buy car from ClubLexus members or CAR GUYS like this Lexus you're about to buy.

The guy sounds like he knows something about car. PLus it's IS350 top of the line Package damn it why not buy ? is that guy in Canada ? ill buy that car.

Keep in mind car from dealership or certified by dealership could be a minor accident too, Carfax carproof are useless, they only keep track from dealer's database and the owner from 1st buy. For example a driver got into accident minor or major but they did not report and they brings to bodyshop and fix, tell me who knows the car is involve in an accident ?

Lastly bro, bring someone to check if the Air Bags are all original ! and my Lexus IS is salvage titled too so does my sister Acura TL, car runs perfectly straight except defects from Lexus factory.
Old 07-10-16, 08:20 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by minato
I would look for a clean title for 15k
If you are keen on buying lowball to the max cuz No one in their right mind would pay over 7-8k and even after that you are stuck with the car. resale value just isnt there with salvaged.
who does synthetic oil changes every 3k tho ?

remember in this case car was in accident (most likely) insurance salvaged cuz of cost to fix.
Me ? i do that, i'm a rich MTFK ! we try to save your money from Dealership so we encourage your confident with salvage cars, i always LOL when dealership says is the car involve in an accident thats why the car is PULL to one side ! and then peoples learnt from there and asks others everytimes when car has problem then people learns from each others and ask like that everytimes.

If you want perfect car, BUY BRAND NEW from dealer with warranty ! every used car any makes has a problem when it gets old. Well nowadays even Brand New car "RECALL" all the time, we are human nothing can be perfect and satisfied you. Drive a car is like you playing lottery sometimes you loose sometimes you win ! don't lie , every old car has something to fix !

Last edited by RandyIS250; 07-10-16 at 08:32 AM.