IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

having trouble fitting in polyurethane ings sideskirts

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 09:48 AM
jraiderg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble fitting in polyurethane ings sideskirts

I decided to keep my ings rep sideskirts.and get them painted but the shop is having trouble test fitting it in its about half an inch short would heating it enough with a heat gun stretch it? Anyone had trouble installing them . and just to clarify do they go over the oem skirts?
Old 06-23-16, 07:10 PM
jraiderg
Rookie

Anyone........
Old 06-23-16, 07:33 PM
skullkandy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What a crap shop

You need to take off your oem side skirts to fit them.
Old 06-24-16, 11:27 AM
jraiderg
Rookie

Originally Posted by skullkandy
What a crap shop

You need to take off your oem side skirts to fit them.

The shop told me they took off the oem skirts but they said there was no where to mount them ings skirts on
Old 06-25-16, 07:11 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jraiderg
The shop told me they took off the oem skirts but they said there was no where to mount them ings skirts on
The shop ? what shop ? performance body and detailing guys should have known if the skirt is OEM Direct fit or have to modify, other word you bought the wrong sideskirt etc, i would like to see that sideskirt if you have the picture bro or the name of that sideskirt ?

edited: ok i saw them, those igns should fit your Lexus, tell them to heat it up and bend a little bit no aftermarket parts exact fits, we have to do a little trick or mod, they have to make custom hole if needed, tell them its not OEM and ya the OEM skirt has to be off, oh man what a shop.

Last edited by RandyIS250; 06-25-16 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-25-16, 08:37 AM
jraiderg
Rookie

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
The shop ? what shop ? performance body and detailing guys should have known if the skirt is OEM Direct fit or have to modify, other word you bought the wrong sideskirt etc, i would like to see that sideskirt if you have the picture bro or the name of that sideskirt ?

edited: ok i saw them, those igns should fit your Lexus, tell them to heat it up and bend a little bit no aftermarket parts exact fits, we have to do a little trick or mod, they have to make custom hole if needed, tell them its not OEM and ya the OEM skirt has to be off, oh man what a shop.
Its an auto body/detailing shop . reason why i went for them is they have five star reviews. They gave me an option to cut my oem skirt to fit the ings crazy. Im going to pick up my car today to see whats going on . they only finished with my front and rear lips. So your saying with a heat gun will do the trick to stretch it ?
Old 06-26-16, 06:53 AM
skullkandy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No.

You won't be able to heat them up and stretch them over your OEM skirts...

1. You'll need to take off the OEM skirts
2. Holes will need to be drilled into the Ings sideskirt to align up with the body
Old 06-26-16, 07:12 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jraiderg
Its an auto body/detailing shop . reason why i went for them is they have five star reviews. They gave me an option to cut my oem skirt to fit the ings crazy. Im going to pick up my car today to see whats going on . they only finished with my front and rear lips. So your saying with a heat gun will do the trick to stretch it ?
As SkullKandy said, take off your OEM skirts and make hole heat it and bend it if needs, INGs skirt most likely direct fit, unless its a wrong one otherwise how couldnt it fixed looks like they needs 3M tape too most of aftermarket bodykit does, a pro body work or performance guys should know what to do when/after they take a look, it's like the contractor they came and look at my basement leaks they give me the estimate prize right away.

This guy he's a licence mechanic from school and worked for my friend for 6 years already, i came to change transmission fluid for my is250 instead of drain he opened the overflow and refilled the fluids, when i drove the car i fell transmission acts stupid, i went to other friend and checked it out, wow he drained out 8.5 litres of fluids, almost f u c k e d up my Torque converter, he over filled Engine oil too and that will f u c k up the Cat converter. don't trust by the review bro it can be faked and most of website do fake reviews.