IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car pulls slightly to the right

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-16, 11:31 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike33
The car can certainly drift to one side because of road crown, but it sounds like you have noticed a change in how much the car pulls recently. This I think is what you are trying to figure out... My guess would be that its related to the recent tire change you made. If the car still pulls to the right after crossing the tires, have the dealer re-measure the alignment to provide a caster reading. If the caster is lower on the right then that would be a likey reason for the pull.
And let's say it still does pull to the right after tire swap? What can it be done if it's the caster as you say and since caster cannot be adjusted what can be done then if it's not tire issue
Old 06-28-16, 07:55 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by P128sniper
And let's say it still does pull to the right after tire swap? What can it be done if it's the caster as you say and since caster cannot be adjusted what can be done then if it's not tire issue
Look at my 1st post i told you to swap tires, ok now you just did and it's still pulls ? ill point out a list of suspension components that makes car pulls.

1,Inner/outer tie rods, Transmission mount, Ball Joints, Bad strut and Strut Mount, low tires pressure, bad tires and tire radial, different tread or different brand of tires (if your car is AWD all 4 tires must be exactly same) , bad control arm bushings (upper and lower) , all bushings are important to suspension, specially camber, bad steering rack will also pull right.

Like i said there are bunch of money grabber out there they open a shop and collect $$ most of them don't care about our car, i remembered i went to 8 alignment shop to get my TRD Toyota Solara aligned right, 6 of them SHop brought me NightMare one broke my ABS sensor and other forgot to tight up my camber bolt and other one forgot to tight up my endlink.

If you live in TOronto Canada ill have you come to my friend shop he will take time and spend time with you and show you.

I feel bad for you bro i've been thru those, every weekend i had to go find a good shop before i found this current shop and i don't know why your Lexus pull and it shouldn't, my AWD is250 current has BAD inner tie rod passenger side and Bad Alignment Toe driver Rear left. My car drive straight bro it does a little shimmy whenever i hit a bump but no pull at all.
Old 06-28-16, 08:48 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
Look at my 1st post i told you to swap tires, ok now you just did and it's still pulls ? ill point out a list of suspension components that makes car pulls.

1,Inner/outer tie rods, Transmission mount, Ball Joints, Bad strut and Strut Mount, low tires pressure, bad tires and tire radial, different tread or different brand of tires (if your car is AWD all 4 tires must be exactly same) , bad control arm bushings (upper and lower) , all bushings are important to suspension, specially camber, bad steering rack will also pull right.

Like i said there are bunch of money grabber out there they open a shop and collect $$ most of them don't care about our car, i remembered i went to 8 alignment shop to get my TRD Toyota Solara aligned right, 6 of them SHop brought me NightMare one broke my ABS sensor and other forgot to tight up my camber bolt and other one forgot to tight up my endlink.

If you live in TOronto Canada ill have you come to my friend shop he will take time and spend time with you and show you.

I feel bad for you bro i've been thru those, every weekend i had to go find a good shop before i found this current shop and i don't know why your Lexus pull and it shouldn't, my AWD is250 current has BAD inner tie rod passenger side and Bad Alignment Toe driver Rear left. My car drive straight bro it does a little shimmy whenever i hit a bump but no pull at all.
Didn't swap tires yet that's my next step just had to put my car issues for a side now since I'm in the process of moving but thanks for all input, if car still pulls right after tire swap I'll take it to dealer and leave it there until they find the issue, if it pulls left after tire swap I'll know it's the tire and I'll get new tires, a matching set when the funds allow for it. Thanks again
Old 07-17-16, 02:11 AM
squirrels7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my lexus also pulls to the right when i brake sometimes.
Old 07-17-16, 05:55 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrels7
my lexus also pulls to the right when i brake sometimes.
warped Rotors ! also check ebrake when u there.