IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car pulls slightly to the right

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-16, 09:13 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by P128sniper
Update :got an alignment today and still same thing happens. Prolly a tire pull, I'm due for an oil change so I'll have the dealer see what the issue might be
Sorry for swearing but F those Alignment guys that doing s h i t job ! he aligned your car and he did not know what the F is going on with your car ? did you tell him car pulled right ? a good Alignment Shop should knows what should be replaced and fixed before they go ahead and align the car, i got ripped off once bro, they charge me 120$ for wheel balance and alignment and the car got even worst than before.

In your case i don't think its your TIRES, something to do with Inner/outer Tie rods and ball joint, 1st thing to do is rotate your tires, take the right front wheel put it to the left same at the REAR. if a Radial pulled occur you should feel it on each wheel.
Old 06-19-16, 11:50 AM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

During any of these alignments was it mentioned that perhaps the issue might be with front cross member?
Old 06-19-16, 03:23 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He said it's either alignment and if alignment doesn't fix it he said it's radial tire pull...so I tried to alignment hoping it would fix it.. I'll ask dealership on Tuesday, how much would lexus charge normally for figuring out what the issue be, just inspecting it?
Old 06-19-16, 07:40 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

He said it's either alignment and if alignment doesn't fix it he said it's radial tire pull...so I tried to alignment hoping it would fix it.. I'll ask dealership on Tuesday, how much would lexus charge normally for figuring out what the issue be, just inspecting it?
You said it already, if radial pull it should have pulled when you 1st installed ? but anyways who knows, it might be radial, try rotate your tire see if it pull on the other side, your tires has warranty, you better do it now.
Old 06-19-16, 09:37 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Update :got an alignment today and still same thing happens. Prolly a tire pull, I'm due for an oil change so I'll have the dealer see what the issue might be
If you have an alignment print out post it so we can see where your caster and camber are set, this will help us narrow down the problem.
Old 06-20-16, 08:29 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a tire roll... Have you tried to go in the left lane on the freeway and check if it pulls left? A right pull is usually ''normal'' since there is a slight slope (1 to 5 degrees) on every roads to evacuate water, but it shouldn't be that noticeable.

My car pulls left or right depending on these slopes... It got worst when I installed my summer tires so I'm guessing I need a new set of tires. Alignment was done a few months ago so I know this is not my issue... May-be it's your case as well.

Last edited by Eduskator; 06-20-16 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-20-16, 01:06 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eduskator
Looks like a tire roll... Have you tried to go in the left lane on the freeway and check if it pulls left? A right pull is usually ''normal'' since there is a slight slope (1 to 5 degrees) on every roads to evacuate water, but it shouldn't be that noticeable.

My car pulls left or right depending on these slopes... It got worst when I installed my summer tires so I'm guessing I need a new set of tires. Alignment was done a few months ago so I know this is not my issue... May-be it's your case as well.
Maybe i will do more tests today but I tried a couple time going to the dead center of the street or parking lot and it doesn't seem to roll right, it sometimes go starlight sometimes left sometimes right, I've been driving last season on winter tires and all seasons and maybe now I'm noticing it because of the summer tires? I will do more tests on parking lots with no slopes and will let ya know
Old 06-20-16, 04:22 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

I'm starting to think it's just the power steering is super sensitive especially with these tires, pulls right on normal roads and on the left most Lane on Highway it actually pulled left.. Didn't notice this on my winter tires.. Can it actually be juat the slope of the road causing the pull? I blame electric power steering if so..
Old 06-21-16, 07:02 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

We called that a "Road Crown" yep engineer designed road inclined to prevent road flood but bro, is250 350 should not have that on the right lane. he should not feel RIGHT PULLED on right lane except Fast Left Lane for our Lexus it very very slight pull won't be noticed for most of drivers unless you really concentrate on the steering.

To test the pulls, he should find a wide parking lot without any road crown, drive 15mile/p and let go the steering see which direction it pulls, or on freeway drive 40-50 mile/p shift N and let go the wheel but do it safely when no cars around. My bet is his inner tie rod end, alignment shop nowadays don't care about our cars, they align they charge $ and done, you come back you pay more, that's business !
Old 06-22-16, 04:10 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyIS250
We called that a "Road Crown" yep engineer designed road inclined to prevent road flood but bro, is250 350 should not have that on the right lane. he should not feel RIGHT PULLED on right lane except Fast Left Lane for our Lexus it very very slight pull won't be noticed for most of drivers unless you really concentrate on the steering.

To test the pulls, he should find a wide parking lot without any road crown, drive 15mile/p and let go the steering see which direction it pulls, or on freeway drive 40-50 mile/p shift N and let go the wheel but do it safely when no cars around. My bet is his inner tie rod end, alignment shop nowadays don't care about our cars, they align they charge $ and done, you come back you pay more, that's business !
You are probably right!

Mine doesn't pull at any directions when the surface is completely flat. Works like a charm!

When there's a slope, it pulls either left or right. It didn't do that with my winter tires on so I know this is not a mechanical issue (tie rods, alignments, etc. are fine). Must be the tires then.
Old 06-22-16, 04:02 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

You are probably right!

Mine doesn't pull at any directions when the surface is completely flat. Works like a charm!

When there's a slope, it pulls either left or right. It didn't do that with my winter tires on so I know this is not a mechanical issue (tie rods, alignments, etc. are fine). Must be the tires then.
OUr car is on Low profile will do that on slope road sometimes, mine does it too, every low profile tires does it also, especially a 5 years+ car like our, upper and lower control arm bushing will helps, i have cracks on both lower control arm bushing, the thing is it's a Lexus the car still drive straight but it isn't on my Toyota Solara.
Old 06-24-16, 08:41 AM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Small updated. Just pulled up to lexus dealer for oil change and free alignment check. They have this machine on the ground when u pull in that quickly checks ur alignment and shows it on the graph and it says I definitely need one. It costs $179 bucks here so I think I'm going to get it but hope it fixes the issue. I told them to check tires first as well because I'm not paying another $180 on top of the $75 I already paid last week at local alignment shop which obviously didn't do ****... Im going to write then the most negative review possible. I'll update what happens when I get out of here.
Old 06-24-16, 12:11 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

$179 for an alignment? Mine is only $79 for a 4-wheel alignment at my local dealership. Ouch!
Old 06-24-16, 01:15 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
$179 for an alignment? Mine is only $79 for a 4-wheel alignment at my local dealership. Ouch!
Yea man with oil change I paid close to $250...uhhh, so update again.. Definitely drives a lot better now, is the pull totally gone, too early to tell yet haven't really driven it a lot yet but it definitely feels better and any pull that I have no I will have to blame on road sloap or maybe just tires.. Everything else checked out..
Old 06-24-16, 02:35 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

After driving more I can definitely say it's fixed... It'll pull here and there but that's just from bumps and electronic power steering taking over.. I would stay away from local alignment shops!!!

Quick Reply: Car pulls slightly to the right