Help with XenonDepot HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-16, 06:54 PM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with XenonDepot HID

Short and simple. * I have a 08 Lexus is250 non-hid equipped
I purchased a XenonDepot XtremeHID kit. From waiting to when it arrived. I've looked at variety of DIYs here on the installation of other members HIDS. I've installed HIDS on my past cars before but this is the first time where I'm having trouble. My package didn't come with instruction but I figured HIDS shouldn't be that hard to install. Simply plug and play, right? <br >
Hopefully the picture shows on here. But that's what I have so far for each side (driver/passenger). I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I've connected and reconnected everything about 2-3 times and got annoyed. So now I'm trying my luck on posting for the first time. If anyone has this HID kit and has installed it on there 2is, I'd appreciate any help.

Last edited by txviplexus; 05-27-16 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-28-16, 06:47 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

You don't need to used error code canceled cause we don't have to. Just use Ballast and bulb. It's plug and play
Old 05-28-16, 07:36 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://artoflightindustries.com/v/vs...ctionGuide.pdf
Old 05-28-16, 10:19 AM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
You don't need to used error code canceled cause we don't have to. Just use Ballast and bulb. It's plug and play
Yeah I didn't think I did either but after using the ballast and bulb and it didn't fire. I tried using all the wires connecting and reconnecting. That's what was aggravating me. Not sure what I could possibly be doing wrong. I really hope it's something obvious.
Old 05-28-16, 10:20 AM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

This looks like instructions. I'll try and follow this Sunday when I'm off again and hopefully everything works out. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-28-16, 11:37 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 774 Likes on 676 Posts

Did you check the wiring at the connector to the oem plug? You have to switch wires on the kit harness to match the OEM ones.
Old 05-28-16, 12:42 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by tlts82
Did you check the wiring at the connector to the oem plug? You have to switch wires on the kit harness to match the OEM ones.
+1 to this. Some cars have reversed polarity at the plugs, so you'd have to flip them Not sure about the IS though, I believe Toyota usually reverses the polarity though, so it's something to consider. Attach the car's bulb connector to the ballast directly, or attach it to the harness on the bulb's rubber grommet and then attach that to the ballast.

The harness on the left is a wiring harness that provides a constant voltage from the battery to the ballasts so they don't flicker. From looking at XenonDepot's site, you should of gotten two of these since they believe in having a separate one from each headlight instead of one combined headlight for both bulbs. Some cars equipped with halogens don't have adequate stock wiring for HIDs as they are designed around halogen bulbs, so sometimes these harnesses are necessary to prevent flickering or any other problems. It's a good peace of mind to use it regardless, I'd recommend using them.
Old 05-28-16, 02:17 PM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zmon
+1 to this. Some cars have reversed polarity at the plugs, so you'd have to flip them Not sure about the IS though, I believe Toyota usually reverses the polarity though, so it's something to consider. Attach the car's bulb connector to the ballast directly, or attach it to the harness on the bulb's rubber grommet and then attach that to the ballast.

The harness on the left is a wiring harness that provides a constant voltage from the battery to the ballasts so they don't flicker. From looking at XenonDepot's site, you should of gotten two of these since they believe in having a separate one from each headlight instead of one combined headlight for both bulbs. Some cars equipped with halogens don't have adequate stock wiring for HIDs as they are designed around halogen bulbs, so sometimes these harnesses are necessary to prevent flickering or any other problems. It's a good peace of mind to use it regardless, I'd recommend using them.
Appreciate the replies. I believe i did flip them and thry still didnt fire. But im probably wrong, ill try all of these advices. And yes in the picture i was just showing what i have for each side for the headlight. Yes i do agree with using the harness thatll connect to the battery for a piece of mind!
Old 06-19-16, 09:16 PM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate all the replies. I finally had some off time from work and finally got the HIDS on! Thanks alot!!!
Old 06-30-16, 11:13 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

@txviplexus - I'm sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this thread. If you're having an issue installing, please contact us and we will gladly help you out.

The Xtreme HID ballasts are low-draw, and can safely be powered directly from the OEM headlight wiring.

Steve
Old 06-30-16, 12:07 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking to upgrade to their HID kit as well. How do like the output compared to the halogens? Which kit did you go with?
Old 06-30-16, 04:34 PM
Soledad
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Looking to upgrade to their HID kit as well. How do like the output compared to the halogens? Which kit did you go with?
I wanted to say that I've been very pleased with the light output of my Xenon Depot Xtreme HID kit (went with Philips 4300k bulbs) as compared to the stock halogens. The original owner of my '08 tinted the headlights and the halogens were dangerous at night especially in the rain. Since I installed the HID kit it's like a night and day difference. No problems at all now at night and in the rain.
Old 07-04-16, 07:58 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Soledad
I wanted to say that I've been very pleased with the light output of my Xenon Depot Xtreme HID kit (went with Philips 4300k bulbs) as compared to the stock halogens. The original owner of my '08 tinted the headlights and the halogens were dangerous at night especially in the rain. Since I installed the HID kit it's like a night and day difference. No problems at all now at night and in the rain.
Thanks for the feedback @Soledad!

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your XenonDepot HID kit

Steve
Old 07-06-16, 10:56 AM
txviplexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
HIDS are a must for me lol. I can definitely see way better than the stock bulbs on the IS. I wanted an oem look so I think I got 5000k. The output looks really great. After looking at other members recommendations this is what I chose and I don't regret it. I believe it's the xtreme one. Good luck man!
Old 07-06-16, 01:10 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Appreciate the feedback..

Quick Reply: Help with XenonDepot HID