IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Introducing a new project...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 02:48 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Find a totaled RC-F and scavenge everything from it? N/A, would easily fit in the chassis, and easily accessible parts at any dealership.
Even the price of a salvaged RC-F is outrageous, and the cars are still new enough to have little to no miles on them. The donor car route is our plan, and were mulling over a number of options. 2ur-3gr-2uz-1uz etc. Once we settle on the engine we plan to buy a donor with big miles and strip it down, rebuild the motor and transmission and transplant it all into the racecar. It should be a fun project with great rewards!
Old 05-18-16, 03:03 AM
gt500tony
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Even the price of a salvaged RC-F is outrageous, and the cars are still new enough to have little to no miles on them. The donor car route is our plan, and were mulling over a number of options. 2ur-3gr-2uz-1uz etc. Once we settle on the engine we plan to buy a donor with big miles and strip it down, rebuild the motor and transmission and transplant it all into the racecar. It should be a fun project with great rewards!
sounds great love love love love this car and its potential. i see 5.7 yota v8's go for peanuts at the junkyard. As far as suspension ideas.
With some penske shocks and whats redspencer has on his car i say you'd be a good runner at the twisties.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html

you dont see many is350 converted to full blow racers anymore. I have high hopes for this build. If i was closer i would donate free wrench service.
Good luck
Old 05-21-16, 06:27 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gt500tony
sounds great love love love love this car and its potential. i see 5.7 yota v8's go for peanuts at the junkyard. As far as suspension ideas.
With some penske shocks and whats redspencer has on his car i say you'd be a good runner at the twisties.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html

you dont see many is350 converted to full blow racers anymore. I have high hopes for this build. If i was closer i would donate free wrench service.
Good luck
I love the excitement and enthusiasm, that is why I had to buy this when it fell into my lap! And my intentions from the very beginning were to involve as many eager Lexus/Toyota enthusiasts during the build process, so thank you for the offer!

Zach is keeping the Penske coils from his ISF, so we will be using them on this car. I fully anticipate this car to go through many different setups as the years go, with the first being relatively budget friendly to just get us on the track. We are looking for a donor car now to get us the basics, so there might be a build thread starting soon
Old 05-21-16, 09:38 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Any hints on exactly what you're looking for? I'll keep my eyes peeled up here in Greenville.
Old 05-28-16, 01:15 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Any hints on exactly what you're looking for? I'll keep my eyes peeled up here in Greenville.
Cheapest and easiest donor vehicle will be a SC430...we can use just about all of the components compared to a GX470 or Tundra