IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 2010 IS350 - Comments please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-16, 08:53 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default My 2010 IS350 - Comments please

Wanted to upload some pics of my IS350, see what everyone thinks..

Full mod list:

F sport springs
F sport sway bars front and rear
F sport intake
Red out tails
Yellow fog vinyls (I have actual yellow housings that are going to be installed)
Tanabe Medallion touring exhaust (Waaaaay better then F sport)
LED interior lighting kit
Black roof spoiler
Wheels - Niche M170 19" 1 pc wheels
Fronts - 8.5" 35 offset with Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ 225/35/19
Rears - 9.5" 45 offset with Michelin pilot sports A/S 3+ 275/30/19

Wheels are new - I had 18" stock lobster claw wheels on before

Been slowly building this car since I traded in my 08 IS 250.

Comments and advice on more mods is welcome

Old 05-01-16, 09:00 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Really clean, especially those wheels, maybe some wind deflectors and a lip kit?

how did you red out the tails?
Old 05-01-16, 09:04 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Wind delfectors - never thought about that actually.. you mean like a bug deflector on front of hood?

Lip kit might be dodgy the front of the car is already pretty low with a lip kit I wouldn't be able to get into most parking lots without giving it a new paint job/ tearing it off haha

Red out on the tail lights is just vinyl (2 pcs one skinny for the side and 1 fat for the large portion) - I ordered them pre cut if i can get the site info I'll post it i have leftovers still
Old 05-01-16, 09:07 AM
SeanO
Instructor

http://www.motogfx.com/lexus/

Vinyls
Old 05-01-16, 10:32 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

f sport grill insert and paint housing black, or paint this grill and housing except L emblem black. lip and a diffuser
nice car man
Old 05-01-16, 10:38 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by Parsa
f sport grill insert and paint housing black, or paint this grill and housing except L emblem black. lip and a diffuser
nice car man
Thanks man

I've thought about painting the grill a lot actually.. most likely paint the grill that I have and leave the L emblem chrome like you mentioned..

Just not sure about which paint to use and how to do it

Ebay for a diffuser? And how do they install? 2 way tape?

Last edited by SeanO; 05-01-16 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-01-16, 10:42 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

yeah black grill would look mean on black car. im going to plasti dip mine first woth glossifier to make sure i like the look and then paint if i do. im personally going to get it professionally painted cause you only have one shot amd i never painted anything lile this before lol

i gott doffuser on ebay for $82 vs the genuine $500 or so. fitment is 8/10 but the place i got it installed didnt do too well.. there are spots that need more tape/glue to stick it on better. plus if youre planning on keeping the diffuser on you can spend a little more money to have it molded and will literally fit PERFECT
Old 05-01-16, 10:52 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Maybe I'll try the plasti dip route first as well.. I painted old stock rims with plasti dip and they turned out great..

I'm curious as to what it would cost to have it professionally done..

I definitely like the look of the diffuser.. and for $80 its a fairly cheap mod haha From what i see most of them come un painted so that will cost a bit extra

Are all of them tape/ glue install?
Old 05-01-16, 10:56 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

painting grill im guessing wil be around 100-150. they need to sand, prime, paint, clear coat

yes the diffusers come unpainted but i got lucky. i got mine painted and installed while my car was in the shop when someone hit me on the fwy so i got it painted and installed for free since it was my friends place
yes tape and glue SHOULD be enough but i had them put screws in it too since i drive 100+ on fwy i would hate for it to fall off lol.. there are 3 diffusers i lmow of for our cars: MyRide, TOMS, seibon cf. i have the myride i think its most aggressive
Old 05-01-16, 11:07 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanO
Maybe I'll try the plasti dip route first as well.. I painted old stock rims with plasti dip and they turned out great..
My $.02, I plastidipped mine and it looked really nice, decided to peel the grill surround back to chrome. The fins on the grill just look much better black and plastidip is barely any work to do. Pics on my build thread of both options if your interested.

Wind deflectors for the doors/windows. OEM/JDM are the best looking but pricier around $400. AVS look similar to those for about $100 but not as nice. I went Weathertech since they sit in the window but I've had AVS before, subtle addition to dress it up a bit.
Old 05-01-16, 11:11 AM
SeanO
Instructor

That is lucky haha I assume they removed the bumper for the diffuser install?

I googled the MyRide diffuser and that is definitey the look i would want.. looks really good actually
Old 05-01-16, 11:16 AM
top5
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car. I personally think if you got rid of the yellow overlay and went with bulbs it'd look clean with the rims.
Old 05-01-16, 11:19 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

nope, diffuser just goes right on actually
they even matched my 062 3 stage paint right which i was worried about

Old 05-01-16, 11:24 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by MAizz
My $.02, I plastidipped mine and it looked really nice, decided to peel the grill surround back to chrome. The fins on the grill just look much better black and plastidip is barely any work to do. Pics on my build thread of both options if your interested.

Wind deflectors for the doors/windows. OEM/JDM are the best looking but pricier around $400. AVS look similar to those for about $100 but not as nice. I went Weathertech since they sit in the window but I've had AVS before, subtle addition to dress it up a bit.
Yeah maybe I will try just the fins at first.. I actually like the chrome border but like you mentioned the grill insert would definitely look better black.
Old 05-01-16, 11:27 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by top5
Nice car. I personally think if you got rid of the yellow overlay and went with bulbs it'd look clean with the rims.
I hear ya, I have yellow HID's (3000K Xenon depots) installed I just wanted a bit more of a yellow look..

Part of my problem is that my driver side fog housing is really scored/ pitted from the car being so low with all the crap we have on the roads up here.. I actually have a second set of the fog lamp vinyls.. I ordered 2 sets just in case I wanted to take them off and possibly put them back on again haha I might play around with it this year.. especially before I go install the actual yellow fog housings that I got on ebay for $100

Quick Reply: My 2010 IS350 - Comments please