IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Duraflex i-spec side skirt fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 11:03 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duraflex i-spec side skirt fitment

Has anyone bought the duraflex i-spec side skirts? What's the fitment like? Does duraflex have decent fitment at all?
Old 04-23-16, 09:17 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RyPeredo
Has anyone bought the duraflex i-spec side skirts? What's the fitment like? Does duraflex have decent fitment at all?
From what I heard Duraflex has bad fitment but so does any replica brand. I bought Couture replicas of the GfX front and rear and although the front wasnt too bad , the rear is pretty off. Believe me when I say , you get what you pay for. I had to learn the hard way lol.

That being said I still have those replica pieces on as theyre not that bad , but up close in person you can almost always tell when something is a replica. I just havent bothered to change as I still like them but I will probably swap out for authentic INGs or Vertex in the neae future. But whetger perfect fitment matters to you or not is purely your decision to make. Theres a reason why Duraflex is cheaper.

But then again you are getting side skirts and I dont know fitment issues apply as much for side skirts as id imagine them being easier to do but I have no experience in this regard. Either way good luck with whatever you decide to do. Replicas arent the end of the world, they still look decent if done right (its usually just small gaps in between the kits and the body of the car) But I wouldnt enter my car in a car show or anything like that with rep kits lol.

Good luck
Old 04-23-16, 02:57 PM
is250san
Driver School Candidate

^thanks for that. i was about 5 mins from purchasing a duraflex kit.
Old 04-23-16, 07:31 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by is250san
^thanks for that. i was about 5 mins from purchasing a duraflex kit.
Just sharing my personal experience with this lol. Good to know I helped.
Old 04-24-16, 02:52 PM
is250san
Driver School Candidate

lol yeah. i guess i'll just keep on searching....
Old 04-24-16, 11:22 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

lol thanks for the input. Guess i'll be spending more $$$$

Originally Posted by Tro209
From what I heard Duraflex has bad fitment but so does any replica brand. I bought Couture replicas of the GfX front and rear and although the front wasnt too bad , the rear is pretty off. Believe me when I say , you get what you pay for. I had to learn the hard way lol.

That being said I still have those replica pieces on as theyre not that bad , but up close in person you can almost always tell when something is a replica. I just havent bothered to change as I still like them but I will probably swap out for authentic INGs or Vertex in the neae future. But whetger perfect fitment matters to you or not is purely your decision to make. Theres a reason why Duraflex is cheaper.

But then again you are getting side skirts and I dont know fitment issues apply as much for side skirts as id imagine them being easier to do but I have no experience in this regard. Either way good luck with whatever you decide to do. Replicas arent the end of the world, they still look decent if done right (its usually just small gaps in between the kits and the body of the car) But I wouldnt enter my car in a car show or anything like that with rep kits lol.

Good luck