IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How much would you pay ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 12:43 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default How much would you pay ?

I recently purchased IS350 for family and looking at another IS350 or ISF myself. Currently leaning towards IS350 because its about $10k cheaper...
Looking at several 2011-2012 IS350 base with navi and Fsport packages in 30-40k miles range. Whats a good price to pay you think ? $21-23k maybe ?

Last edited by kolyan; 02-22-16 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-22-16, 08:21 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can also get good deal on IS-F for $25k. I would check nada.com for price.
Old 02-22-16, 09:08 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Can also get good deal on IS-F for $25k. I would check nada.com for price.
Was looking for something newer....u can sure get something nice but its not easy to find, been looking a bit for a while now.
Old 02-23-16, 06:59 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know where you live, but if you can get a 2012 IS350 with those options and that mileage for 23k... get it.

Where I live, a Base IS250 2011 is sold for around 20k so around 23k for a 350...

There's not really a ''good price'' since it depends on your area (supply and demand law) so I'd suggest that you do check a few of them an establish an average price. Then you'll be able to know when it's a good deal or not. That's always what I do.

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-23-16 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-23-16, 09:40 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eduskator
I don't know where you live, but if you can get a 2012 IS350 with those options and that mileage for 23k... get it.

Where I live, a Base IS250 2011 is sold for around 20k so around 23k for a 350...

There's not really a ''good price'' since it depends on your area (supply and demand law) so I'd suggest that you do check a few of them an establish an average price. Then you'll be able to know when it's a good deal or not. That's always what I do.
Yeah, I know. I actually used to have a dealership myself its just with Lexus, prices are all over the place. 350s selling for as low as 20s and as high as 30s for roughly the same year and miles, and same with ISFs from low 30s to 40s. Nada and KBb are also all over....Nada beeing highly inaccurate. Even dealerships are selling good condition cars for rough-fair trade-in value of Nada. Not sure if paying premium for F Sport is a good idea too....

Will see. I don't want to overpay for 350, and at the same time if I go with ISF that would be additional $10k which I prefer not to spend at all. So it's kinda like even with overpaying I still save $$$

Last edited by kolyan; 02-23-16 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-23-16, 11:20 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Yes of course! But you still want to have a good resale value. If you pay too much you'll end up losing long term... They're always trying to sell you the monthly payments right? Instead of the total price and that's when people are making mistakes.

I know, prices are all over the place. I had seen several cheaper IS250s before buying mine, but none of them had a clean accident (carproof) report and seemed ''well maintained'' for me so I think that the used market is really a ''you get what you paid for'' kind of thing. BTW, the navigation + backup camera is great. I wish I had one. I think it's worth it to buy a premium model (f-sport or not)

Also, buying from Stealership provides you some extra piece of mind if something happens but again, we have seen a lot of ''Certified pre-owned'' not being inspected thoroughly and having issues... For instance, my CPO had a missing roof moulding trim + a loose steering shaft. I got it serviced for free fortunately, but anyways.

Buying used is a big headache lol but you save some $$ at the end of the line if you are an informed consumer.

Lasts few words : Inspect thoroughly, make sure the price is good, buy it, enjoy it

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-23-16 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-02-16, 07:23 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Well right now choices are 11 350 F-Sport with F-sport intake and exhaust for $25k, 11 350 RWD for $20k, or 11 ISF for $37k (certified), all have around 30k miles. I know ISF is the best car out of 3, but financially maybe regular none F-Sport is a better choice plus install some mods

One of the main reason I like F-sport and ISF are the suede seats with bolsters. I really hate how the leather wears out and saggs on regular leather seats. Ideally I want 11 ISF with a bit higher miles maybe but for 30-33k max.....I know they are there, but nothing that's close by or that I like.

Last edited by kolyan; 03-02-16 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-03-16, 08:08 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

If you only want sound, I'd suggest buying the 20k non f-sport IS350 and buy a f-sport exhaust + intake separately (1000$ used for both if you are lucky).

I'm sure F-SPORT models have many other caracteristics than an exhaust and intake, but it's up to you and what you want. Did you test-drive both of them?

If it was up to me, I'd take the 25k F-Sport 350 I love ISFs as well, but that fuel consumption got me saying nooooooop
Old 03-03-16, 09:15 AM
kolyan
Advanced

If you only want sound, I'd suggest buying the 20k non f-sport IS350 and buy a f-sport exhaust + intake separately (1000$ used for both if you are lucky).

I'm sure F-SPORT models have many other caracteristics than an exhaust and intake, but it's up to you and what you want. Did you test-drive both of them?

If it was up to me, I'd take the 25k F-Sport 350 I love ISFs as well, but that fuel consumption got me saying nooooooop
F-Sport has ISF seats (only heated), lip on front bumper, light wieght wheels, and sport suspention shocks. Intake, exhaust, and all other F-sport parts have to be purchased separatly. I think problem with F-Sport is that most dont have any other packages, no ML, no parking sensors, and no premium....so its pretty much a base model with or without navi. Its a $2500 package when new but asking prices are 5k+ over loaded none-sport
Old 03-03-16, 10:12 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Yes, I guess there are less F-SPORTs on the streets than other models, raising the value/price on the used market.

Since you were looking at ISFs, I'm guessing you wanted a more ''sportier'' handling and overall performance, so the F-SPORT IS350 might be worth it, even if it's 5000$ more. You'll end up happier with something that is closer to the ISF.

Package is 2500$, exhaust is another 1500$ and intake a few hundreds I believe, which makes sens.

I'm not currently looking for another car, but the next one in a few years will surely be a 3IS 350 F-Sport (gotta love those LFA TFT instrument clusters)

Last edited by Eduskator; 03-03-16 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-03-16, 10:26 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Yes, I guess there are less F-SPORTs on the streets than other models, raising the value/price on the used market.

Since you were looking at ISFs, I'm guessing you wanted a more ''sportier'' handling and overall performances, so the F-SPORT IS350 might be worth it, even if it's 5000$ more. You'll end up more happy with something that is closer to the ISF.

Package is 2500$, exhaust was another 1500$ and intake a few hundreds I believe, which makes sens.

I'm not currently looking for another car, but the next one in a few years will surely be a 3IS 350 F-Sport (gotta love those LFA TFT instrument clusters)
Not saying that it's not worth it, yes it's about $4500 without factoring the depreciation, its about $2000 less with depreciation

3is 350 F-sport I can get today for $31-32k, 10 min away from my house. Not that excited about that car, but will test drive it this Saturday. Makes sense to get ISF instead for same or a bit more money. Every grandma and grandpa will be driving those soon for 3is Lexus seems to be pushing 350s and F-sport to everyone, its not as exclusive as it used to be anymore

Last edited by kolyan; 03-03-16 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-03-16, 11:52 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

You are absolutely right, F-SPORTS are everywhere now. They are really pushing them. I noticed that a while ago. Where there's money to be made, money is made! lol

I drove a 2015 IS350 (non f-sport) for 2 days while my 2IS was being serviced and I loved it. Not a fan of the rear though, but for the handling/comfort, it's amazing. The interior is dope!

For the records, a 2014 IS350 F-SPORT (group 3) with 30k miles is around 40 000$ on the used market here while a 2008 ISF with 40k miles is around 30 000$ - 35 000$.

I've seen a 2014 ISF (one of the last to be built I guess) with 13k miles for 60 000$.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/l...ationFlag=true

Last edited by Eduskator; 03-03-16 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 03-03-16, 12:11 PM
kolyan
Advanced

You are absolutely right, F-SPORTS are everywhere now. They are really pushing them. I noticed that a while ago. Where there's money to be made, money is made! lol

I drove a 2015 IS350 (non f-sport) for 2 days while my 2IS was being serviced and I loved it. Not a fan of the rear though, but for the handling/comfort, it's amazing. The interior is dope!

For the records, a 2014 IS350 F-SPORT (group 3) with 30k miles is around 40 000$ on the used market here while a 2008 ISF with 40k miles is around 30 000$ - 35 000$.

I've seen a 2014 ISF (one of the last to be built I guess) with 13k miles for 60 000$.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/l...ationFlag=true
Not sure about the groups, next door dealer listed 2014 F-sport for $32k here, its certified as well I think. 2012 ISF with 50k was $34k, and almost brand new 2014 ISFs certified as well are like $44-45k only 5 hours away in Canada

All that plus 6.25% tax and additional 2.5% for Canadian cars

Last edited by kolyan; 03-03-16 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-03-16, 12:30 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally hate the f sport seats. They feel to tight and uncomfortable to me. Which doesn't make a ton of sense in an IS unless it's an ISF. Also paying $5k more for the f sport is pointless in the long run since you can buy a cheaper exhaust and Joe z intake for a lot less and get the exact same benefit. Or if you really want the f sport exhaust you can still buy it new or used for a lot less than $5k.

Now as for the ISF? Honestly if you can get it than go for it. I don't see any reason why not to get one if you can afford one. More power, more sound (with exhaust), more mod potential, better handling, better looks IMO. Just get it lol. Otherwise you will always feel a slight slight regret when you see one on the street or at the light next to you.

Not saying the IS359 is bad because it's definitely not. It's got plenty of power for a daily but for me , if I could, I'd get an ISF in a heart beat. Oh and since it's a 2011 ISF you get an LSD. Which you can't even get in an IS350
Old 03-03-16, 12:44 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tro209
I personally hate the f sport seats. They feel to tight and uncomfortable to me. Which doesn't make a ton of sense in an IS unless it's an ISF. Also paying $5k more for the f sport is pointless in the long run since you can buy a cheaper exhaust and Joe z intake for a lot less and get the exact same benefit. Or if you really want the f sport exhaust you can still buy it new or used for a lot less than $5k.

Now as for the ISF? Honestly if you can get it than go for it. I don't see any reason why not to get one if you can afford one. More power, more sound (with exhaust), more mod potential, better handling, better looks IMO. Just get it lol. Otherwise you will always feel a slight slight regret when you see one on the street or at the light next to you.

Not saying the IS359 is bad because it's definitely not. It's got plenty of power for a daily but for me , if I could, I'd get an ISF in a heart beat. Oh and since it's a 2011 ISF you get an LSD. Which you can't even get in an IS350
Regret is something I do worry about....hence looking for a good deal on ISF that I like, but it can take forever. LSD are from 2010 I believe, 2011 has revised suspension and steering as well as suede seats

Quick Reply: How much would you pay ?