Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone here with RR-Racing USRS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-16, 10:46 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone here with RR-Racing USRS?

Hey guys ,

So I just made a thread yesterday about buying an f sport sway for my 06 IS350... Well, like the easily persuaded person I am, I was recommended by a fellow member to get the LCA bushings sold by RR-Racing as they are a better upgrade in that they improve handling a bit and more importantly get rid of that "numb steering feel" problem we all know and love (or hate).

As an Ex-BMW owner I really miss the steering feel of my E46. And this product has given me hope that I can now have that back but this time on my Lexus. So with that being said..

Does anyone here have this Ultimate Steering Reaponse System from rr-racing installed on their ISx50? I know there's nothing but positive reviews on the ISF forum but I'm curious as to how this would improve my regular ol' V6. I already have BC's as well, so now I'm just looking for something to give me that extra boost of driving feel that I miss oh so much.

Thanks guys
Old 02-07-16, 01:07 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Get the rear plus the usrs! tax season!!!!
Old 02-07-16, 05:13 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

The OEM LCA bushings on the IS-F are supposedly 20% stiffer than the ISx50 OEM LCA bushings so the improved bushings and housing design of the RRRacing USRS should be even more beneficial to the ISx50.
Old 02-07-16, 07:26 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Get the rear plus the usrs! tax season!!!!
I usually have to pay taxes instead.. So not the best of times for me lol. It's either one or the other right now and I'm leaning towards the USRS, if it's true that it will make my car more like my old Bmw
Old 02-07-16, 07:27 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redspencer
The OEM LCA bushings on the IS-F are supposedly 20% stiffer than the ISx50 OEM LCA bushings so the improved bushings and housing design of the RRRacing USRS should be even more beneficial to the ISx50.
So then this should bring an even further improvement than what the ISF guys are experiencing. But I wonder if they feel it more because they already have a stiffer steering Ecu compared to us ISx50 guys..
Old 02-07-16, 08:41 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
So then this should bring an even further improvement than what the ISF guys are experiencing. But I wonder if they feel it more because they already have a stiffer steering Ecu compared to us ISx50 guys..
Yeah, I can't comment on the steering feel differences on a ISx50 with just the upgraded LCA bushings. It does however compliment the IS-F steering ecu if you ever decide to go that route.
Old 02-07-16, 09:17 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I have them...in a box in my garage. LOL!

I wouldn't have purchased them if they wouldn't have done much in the way of handling or upgrading the performance/feel of my 2IS. They're definitely a good upgrade.
Old 02-07-16, 09:27 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gville350
I have them...in a box in my garage. LOL!

I wouldn't have purchased them if they wouldn't have done much in the way of handling or upgrading the performance/feel of my 2IS. They're definitely a good upgrade.
Wait so you do have them installed correct? Or what do you mean by they're in a box? Also did your steering feel increase? This basically what I want the most out of this
Old 02-07-16, 09:51 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^In the box, meaning not installed. Sorry. LOL!

But I do plan to getting around to it soon one free weekend when I've got nothing to do. Perhaps next weekend actually since it's a three-day weekend with President's Day off. Hmmmmmm.
Old 02-07-16, 09:54 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gville350
^In the box, meaning not installed. Sorry. LOL!

But I do plan to getting around to it soon one free weekend when I've got nothing to do. Perhaps next weekend actually since it's a three-day weekend with President's Day off. Hmmmmmm.
Oh ok that makes more sense lol. Yeah you should definitely try and write a review for them if you could. That way it can help raise awareness for other ISx50 owners about the improvement these bushings bring to our car and it's feel. I'm gonna order mine soon but right now I'm just waiting to see what happens with rr racing's tune for the IS350... You know just in case lol.

You also have BC's correct?
Old 02-08-16, 08:40 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since my car is with Rafi, this product really caught my eye. I would love to have a more BMW steering feel. Wondering if this will take it close to the BMW feel.

Anyone have this installed and can provide some feedback ?
Old 02-08-16, 08:48 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
Since my car is with Rafi, this product really caught my eye. I would love to have a more BMW steering feel. Wondering if this will take it close to the BMW feel.

Anyone have this installed and can provide some feedback ?
This is precisely why I made this thread lol. According to gville350 he has them but it is yet to put them on but hopefully he'll update us soon. If not then I'll just have to do it myself

I was gonna order these the same night I posted this thread but backed out because I'm waiting to see how the tune goes on your car first. If it seems worthwhile I will be probably tuning first but I don't know for sure yet. Just like everyone else on this forum I'm kind of worried that the car will reflash itself back to stock down the line after driving the car for some time. So I may just go ahead and order this "Ultimate Steering Response System" for now.

This way I could give you and everyone else a heads up on how good or bad this is, and you on the other hand can give us a review of the tune and how good or bad that is initially and over time.
Old 02-08-16, 10:09 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
This is precisely why I made this thread lol. According to gville350 he has them but it is yet to put them on but hopefully he'll update us soon. If not then I'll just have to do it myself

I was gonna order these the same night I posted this thread but backed out because I'm waiting to see how the tune goes on your car first. If it seems worthwhile I will be probably tuning first but I don't know for sure yet. Just like everyone else on this forum I'm kind of worried that the car will reflash itself back to stock down the line after driving the car for some time. So I may just go ahead and order this "Ultimate Steering Response System" for now.

This way I could give you and everyone else a heads up on how good or bad this is, and you on the other hand can give us a review of the tune and how good or bad that is initially and over time.
Have you seen this thread?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...0-duro-hp.html
Its basically the same thing lol
Old 02-08-16, 10:19 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by metaleckz
Have you seen this thread?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...0-duro-hp.html
Its basically the same thing lol
Doesn't really answer my question. I want to know if my car will feel more "BMW like" after these being installed. Just like rr racing claims it will and how ISF owners claim their cars are transformed by them. Also rr racing is quick to point out that there bushings are more than "just bushings". Basically stating that there's are better and do more for the car than FIGS.
Old 02-08-16, 10:31 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I have them on my ISF and can attest that they do what RRRacing claims they will do. Flatter cornering much better braking (virtually no dive braking). Just better all around handling. There is a bit more NVH, but the trade off is totally worth it IMHO.

Lou

Quick Reply: Anyone here with RR-Racing USRS?