IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS 250 Having Trouble with battery and starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 05:00 PM
PSingh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 IS 250 Having Trouble with battery and starting

Hey Guys, new here and i need your help. I currently have a 2006 IS 250 which will not start. The first time it happened, i found in the morning when the car door would not unlock from the remote. Thought it could be that the battery died, so i jump start the car, leave it running for a while and then the next morning same thing happened. So I assumed the battery was dead, and I bought a new one from Auto Zone. That battery lasted 3 days where car worked just fine, and then it started happening again. Brand new battery dead in 3 days.

So Then in thinking that the alternator could be bad, I go to Rock Auto (online car parts store) and buy a "Re manufactured" http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...nid=301&jpid=5

Go to good year and have it installed and they tell me that that I need a brand new fuse box (Part # 8262030170) because the older one was broken. I said ok and get the alternator installed and took the car home, it was working when I took it from the shop, next morning I try to start it, no luck battery dead.

I thought that the alternator was bad so I take it back to good year and have them check it, it turns out the alternator is not bad and it was putting out 14 Volts while car was running, he recommended and I replace the battery which I did (warranty) and then after putting in the new battery I parked the car inside the garage, and then 4 days latter here I am with the brand new battery that is dead again.

TL : DR, battery dead, jump started car, battery dead again next day, put in new battery, last about 3 days and then dead again, put in new alternator and fuse box from shop, take it home next morning battery dead, and replaced the new battery with a new one and lasted 4 days and now it’s dead.

Also note: when I try to jump start it, it takes good 15 mins before the Lexus can actually start, before that it just makes a cranking sound of it trying to start with no luck.

What I think is going on is that the battery keeps draining when the car is shut off, but IDK what is causing it cause everything in the car is shut off.

So here I am with a Lexus sitting in my garage which can’t start, what can I do?
Old 01-20-16, 06:32 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Do you have any aftermarket part installed?
Old 01-20-16, 06:46 PM
PSingh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Do you have any aftermarket part installed?
None that I can think, everything is stock, no Navigation system, I did get that re manufactured alternator
Old 01-21-16, 01:33 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Are you the original owner of the vehicle? If not, any signs of previous aftermarket car audio installs done in the trunk, in the cabin, or under the hood? Same question regarding an aftermarket alarm system.

What's really odd about all of this, is that a fuse box just doesn't become broken/damaged by itself.
Old 01-21-16, 01:50 PM
PSingh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
Are you the original owner of the vehicle? If not, any signs of previous aftermarket car audio installs done in the trunk, in the cabin, or under the hood? Same question regarding an aftermarket alarm system.

What's really odd about all of this, is that a fuse box just doesn't become broken/damaged by itself.
I am not the original owner of the car, nothing in the trunk, stock AMP, everything looks stock, also do note that my speaker system do not work, i heard a loud crackling sound from the speakers, and then after that no sound from then, but this happened before like 4 months before any of the other stuff
Old 02-01-16, 10:18 AM
Sceptre
Pole Position

Stupid question here. Have you actually checked the battery to see if it is being drained? Could also be fuel or air related. I only ask because I had issued with my fuel pressure sensor, but for the longest time thought it was battery / alternator related.