IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What is my car worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-16, 12:35 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is my car worth ?

Its an odd question to ask but with all the after market parts (i consider them upgrades) i have found it degrades the value of your car. The offers i have been getting are not what i expected so some confirmation is needed. I do not have the time or space to part out the car nor do i have the stock parts to put back on it.

Im being offered 12K cash for it. good offer ? Should i really start parting out parts mainly the BBK & wheels ?

2006 IS350 RWD
140,xxx miles
Paint is immaculate.

Upgrades:
Xenondepot HID kit
Lexus F-sport Big Brake Kit
Lexus F-sport front and rear sway bars
Lexus F-sport front bumper
Lexus F-sport right and left side skirts
BC coils
Figs Engineering Lower LCA Bushings
Advans RS 19" Wheels

Old 01-17-16, 12:43 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youre KBB value is $8600 private party. But I also dont know what kind of options it has stock. Youre upgrades only hold value to someone who interested in them. I would never buy a modded car because I dont like most people styles plus I like to add my own personal touch. I would suggest checking out KBB yourself for the value. Then whatever that is add a couple extra bucks that you feel adds more value to the car. At the end of the day its the wear and tare of the engine and your high millage that bring the value down. The car wont do anyone good with all the mods in the world and perfect paint if it wont start up, ya follow me?
Old 01-17-16, 12:59 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flektone
Youre KBB value is $8600 private party. But I also dont know what kind of options it has stock. Youre upgrades only hold value to someone who interested in them. I would never buy a modded car because I dont like most people styles plus I like to add my own personal touch. I would suggest checking out KBB yourself for the value. Then whatever that is add a couple extra bucks that you feel adds more value to the car. At the end of the day its the wear and tare of the engine and your high millage that bring the value down. The car wont do anyone good with all the mods in the world and perfect paint if it wont start up, ya follow me?
If what youre saying is true then its a reasonable offer given the upgrades. Thank you for clarifying it for me. I plan to buy an awd is250 for winter
Old 01-17-16, 01:03 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Offspring
If what youre saying is true then its a reasonable offer given the upgrades. Thank you for clarifying it for me. I plan to buy an awd is250 for winter
Like I said go to KBB.com and price it out yourself with all the options you have. ML sound system, NAV, etc. all add more value to the car. Good luck
Old 01-17-16, 02:19 PM
TomTom236
Driver School Candidate

What was your asking price, given the offers of 12k?
Old 01-17-16, 02:40 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

15000 was asking price
Old 01-17-16, 03:02 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i say you sell the wheels and bbk separately (assuming you still have stock parts) and you can get 11k easily for the car
Old 01-17-16, 04:01 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Purchase stock parts, remove aftermarket parts, install stock parts. Sell aftermarket parts. Sell the stock car. After the purchase of the stock part and sale of the aftermarket parts AND the car, you'll be up vs taking a hit on selling a modified car.
Old 01-17-16, 04:18 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to give you an idea. My car was an 06' 250 manual with 25K in upgrades and 62,000 Miles. It sold for 22K 3 years ago. You don't get much. I just let it go.....didn't want to deal with it. People will always low ball you and it's just not as valuable to them as it is to you with all the hard work you put into it.
Old 01-17-16, 10:08 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

If I had the time and place I would be down to recover some money. With the snow and no place to work and no stock parts, it's not worth it anymore.
Old 01-18-16, 07:13 AM
Vanze
Driver School Candidate

I have an 09 awd is250 and would totally be interested in just trading if our mileage weren't so off (mines at 90k). cause i'm going to be upgrading essentially everything you did except the HID cause mine came as stock. and the coils (just gonna go with f sport springs)

the car itself looks great though. I like the upgrades you did (looks clean af) and would've paid for what it's worth but if you're in a hurry then chances are you won't find someone who would. I got my car, which is completely stock, for 13k at around 85k miles btw, as reference for when you look for yours.
Old 01-18-16, 07:16 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you decide to part the sway bars I'm game
Old 01-18-16, 08:34 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vanze
I have an 09 awd is250 and would totally be interested in just trading if our mileage weren't so off (mines at 90k). cause i'm going to be upgrading essentially everything you did except the HID cause mine came as stock. and the coils (just gonna go with f sport springs)

the car itself looks great though. I like the upgrades you did (looks clean af) and would've paid for what it's worth but if you're in a hurry then chances are you won't find someone who would. I got my car, which is completely stock, for 13k at around 85k miles btw, as reference for when you look for yours.

Well I'm not in that big of a hurry. It's in storage because of snow and salt. I only drive it during summer. I guess I could consider waiting till summer to try selling it . Problem is I live in a small town in Ohio. Not many people here drive or mod cars like I did. 90% of people here have subarus
Old 01-18-16, 09:18 AM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

A good number of us here on CL would definitely be interested in your aftermarket parts should you decide to part them out.

That said, it's up to you whether it's worth your time and effort in order to diassemble, reinstall OEM parts, then sell/ship off all those parts.
Old 01-18-16, 12:01 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
A good number of us here on CL would definitely be interested in your aftermarket parts should you decide to part them out.

That said, it's up to you whether it's worth your time and effort in order to diassemble, reinstall OEM parts, then sell/ship off all those parts.
ill give it a thought

Quick Reply: What is my car worth ?