2008 IS250 Base versus Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-15, 02:29 PM
jmanng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 IS250 Base versus Sport

Hello everyone,

We've had a run of bad car luck recently and the latest incident has now resulted in the insurance company declaring that our vehicle is a write-off. Luckily we weren't at fault (wife collided with a vehicle making an illegal left turn in her path). Anyhow the insurance company is dickin us around with low valuations and in one instance their comparing our base vehicle with leather/moon-roof package to a sport-model and adjusting $3700 off of the price of $14000 that the sport model is offered at (oh, and they also first took a 7.5% projected sale discount off asking price - they're excellent negotiator's, especially with Ontario's no fault insurance which means it's a rigged system in their favour, even though there is a very limited supply (~10) available in GTA (Toronto) area and they have also valued the leather moon-roof package as $1900 - personally I wouldn't own the vehicle without leather/moonroof package).

Anyhow, I'm trying to find out what the sport model would have in comparison to the base. I'm figuring a large part of the package would be upgraded wheels, in which case I have also advised them that I had upgraded 18" aftermarket chrome wheel package (staggard 8.5" fronts & 10" back) along with performance slotted/crossed drilled rotors and a K&N cold air intake. they haven't responded as to what value they deem to be.

appreciate hearing what the sport model included and if anyone knows or can point me to where I can find what Canadian $ these options were initially offered at as $3700 seems awfully high if that represents a depreciated value 8 years later (ie was the package originally $10k+, it's not a 'F' model)

also appreciate hearing info on anyone having been in same situation and any additional considerations to take into account.

Thanks,
Jaime

Last edited by jmanng; 12-20-15 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-20-15, 02:38 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

The sport package adds these options: heated/ventilated seats, memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HID headlights, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto dim/tilt side mirrors, aluminum scuff plates, sport suspension, sport pedals, and 18" wheels.
Old 12-20-15, 03:56 PM
jmanng
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info - I have aftermarket HID lights and had that on my list. I'll contact lexus Canada, see if they will provide original package $. although I'm also thinking it's somewhat of a moot point (why play their game). let's just find straight-up comparisons on go by the various online valuations services (which all publish higher prices).

the package is nice, but I was perfectly happy with what I had and my mods and would still prefer an after market adjustable suspension (although I don't if what was offered by lexus was adjustable?).

thanks.
Old 12-20-15, 04:18 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
The sport package adds these options: heated/ventilated seats, memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HID headlights, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto dim/tilt side mirrors, aluminum scuff plates, sport suspension, sport pedals, and 18" wheels.

weird, mine have the heated ventilated seats (cold) auto dim/side mirrors ... and that's it
maybe upgraded options ?
Old 12-20-15, 08:13 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by EDU

weird, mine have the heated ventilated seats (cold) auto dim/side mirrors ... and that's it
maybe upgraded options ?
Ventilated seats were not a stand-alone option. Do you have wood trim? If so, you probably have the premium package.
Old 12-22-15, 04:09 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

I do have wood trim
Old 12-23-15, 01:31 PM
jmanng
Driver School Candidate

no, I didn't have it.
Old 12-23-15, 01:37 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Unfortunately just adding aftermarket parts (like an HID kit) does not equal the car having that option from the factory.

$3700 is a bit on the high side for just missing the sport package I suppose, but your car really is missing a lot of features the sport package would have come with. (Sport package and Luxury package were the two highest packages, with each missing a couple of options the other had).

Jeff
Old 12-29-15, 02:22 PM
jmanng
Driver School Candidate

yes I do understand that and there was more in the sport package than I would have thought but my point was I didn't get any credit at all in their valuation, and in contrast they only gave me +$1500 on one and +$1900 for the leather/moonroof package on another (and then took large mileage discounts when there were vehicles with similar mileage for sale that were actually available - the ones they picked had august listing dates and I couldn't find them for sale).

Ontario auto policy is a fraud and has no protection for the consumer.