IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Phone Music Bluetooth Compatibility

Old 12-19-15, 08:09 AM
Chilo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone Music Bluetooth Compatibility

Any idea on how to connect Samsung S6 Edge Bluetooth to the 2007 IS250 to play music from the phone via the inbuilt Bluetooth of the car
Old 12-19-15, 12:04 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You can't, since earlier models do not support A2DP. You have to get a separate Bluetooth receiver to plug into the Aux In port in order to play music to your car.
Old 12-19-15, 07:51 PM
thejbgc
Driver School Candidate

I use a little adapter from Belkin that works perfect, I've been using it for several years. It plugs into the AUX port and then you're good to go, just like if you had Bluetooth built in. Although, the steering wheel controls will not work, obviously. I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hands-Free-Bluetooth-Versions-Smartphones/dp/B004CLYJ2I
Old 12-20-15, 05:30 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Since you have a newer smartphone that supports the aptx codec, you'll get better sound quality with a bluetooth adapter that supports it. I don't think the Belkin that thejbgc uses does. I've been happy with this one:
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also, if the original owner did not have the dealer perform the TSIB to fix the ground loop noise issue while the car was still under warranty, you'll need an isolator like this one:
Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive

One other thing; if you are willing to pay more and perform a more complex installation in order to get a more complete integration into the factory radio, so that the car audio controls work and you can see artist and song titles, you'll want a bluetooth integration kit rather than a simple adapter like the Kinivo or Belkin. Vais Technology sells hardware that does this: http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php -- also available at Amazon
Amazon.com : SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 Bluetooth streaming audio music kit with USB charge. For select Lexus radios : Vehicle Audio Integration Devices : Electronics Amazon.com : SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 Bluetooth streaming audio music kit with USB charge. For select Lexus radios : Vehicle Audio Integration Devices : Electronics

Last edited by Bichon; 12-20-15 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-05-16, 11:13 AM
BigL013
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
Since you have a newer smartphone that supports the aptx codec, you'll get better sound quality with a bluetooth adapter that supports it. I don't think the Belkin that thejbgc uses does. I've been happy with this one: Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also, if the original owner did not have the dealer perform the TSIB to fix the ground loop noise issue while the car was still under warranty, you'll need an isolator like this one: Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive

One other thing; if you are willing to pay more and perform a more complex installation in order to get a more complete integration into the factory radio, so that the car audio controls work and you can see artist and song titles, you'll want a bluetooth integration kit rather than a simple adapter like the Kinivo or Belkin. Vais Technology sells hardware that does this: http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php -- also available at Amazon Amazon.com : SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 Bluetooth streaming audio music kit with USB charge. For select Lexus radios : Vehicle Audio Integration Devices : Electronics

I got the Griffin BlueTrip and the PAC Ground Loop Noise Isolator but now I no longer have any bass. Has anyone seen this happen before?