IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-15, 07:53 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

So a number of you have purchased these headlights. I recently received mine in the mail as well.

my question is:

Those of you who live in states like NY that experience 4 seasons year round, Have you run in to condensation problems?

Have you installed HID kits on them?
Do you experience any kind of moisture inside the headlight?

Thanks for any feedback.

UPDATE!!!

I called Louis/ Lewis at VIP motoz and he explained to me that they had some feedback in regards to the headlight condensation issue.
He also stated that IF YOU ORDERED FROM VIPMOTOZ AND YOU ARE FROM CLUBLEXUS. They will warranty your headlight IF YOU EXPERIENCE CONDENSATION.

AGAIN ONLY IF YOU PURCHASE FROM VIPMOTOZ and YOU MENTION You are from Clublexus. They will go through great extents to take care of us.

That being said, He mentioned that since the older headlights were experiencing condensation, The newer headlights have an Extra coat of silicone to prevent this condensation. I will keep you guys updated AFTER I get a chance to install it.

Like Whitebeast has mentioned, they are amazing at customer service and know the forums quite well. They seem like they will go great lengths for us
Nothing but Thumbs up for VIPMotoz.

UPDATE 12/24/2015 -1/2/2016

Ive had the headlights for 1 week, And have experienced a downpour, and abnormal foggy days ( Its 70 degrees here in NYC on the last week of december)

The headlights are still in perfect condition with no leaks or condensation issues. I will be updating this thread periodically.

Took the car out for my first machine wash, and the headlights are still perfectly clean and do not have moisture or condensation.

I can now say with confidence that headlights have passed everything. From 70degree weather to downpours, to 30 degree weather, through fog storms, and car washes, all in the matter of 3 weeks here in NYC, these headlights have held up their end. I can confidently say these headlights are properly sealed.

Big thank you to vip motoz

Last edited by Icy350; 01-02-16 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Updates
Old 12-16-15, 11:33 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm not living in NY but i do wash my car at least 3 times a week. I never have any condensation problem. I must stated out that i don't use the seal that come with HID kit cause i think it's wasn't good enough to seal up everything.
Any way, i could be a lucky customer!!!!
Old 12-17-15, 06:33 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

LOL! Here I am barely able to wash once a week due to the inconsistent rain pattern here and you get to wash it 3 times a week

If you don't mind me asking, how did you seal your HIDS? I was thinking about using silicone
Old 12-17-15, 11:21 AM
Nguyen250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES! I have the condensation with my 2nd gen eBay lights. Where I live it's very humid in the summer time and every time I wash my car as well I have the issue. I tried contacting them about this to get a refund but no luck... I tried silicon everything to keep moisture out but nothing helps worst buy for my Lexus cause I have my stock lights back in now and they are just sitting in the garage until I can figure something out with them
Old 12-17-15, 11:24 AM
Nguyen250
Driver School Candidate

Let me know if you find a solution that works
Old 12-17-15, 11:35 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

get some of those silica gel packs you find in the packaging of electronics and such.

stick them inside the headlights somewhere, no more condensation.

I used to have the problem on my Chrysler 300c after I cracked the headlights to install led halos,

I used some 3m 2-sided tape and stuck them behind the bulb cover (the 300c had a big rubber cover that went over the bulb to water seal the HID) and never had the issue again.. I used 3 per side.
Old 12-17-15, 12:08 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

^ awesome response. So basically if I just tape the silica gel packs to the headlight back cover, all moisture will be prevented?

I don't want to just shove them on the headlight and have them move around from driving.
Old 12-17-15, 12:37 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
^ awesome response. So basically if I just tape the silica gel packs to the headlight back cover, all moisture will be prevented?

I don't want to just shove them on the headlight and have them move around from driving.

the silica needs to be able to get where the condensation is occurring. the silica works by absorbing and holding water vapor.

if these have projectors then the projectors will have a gap around them so if you mount the silica packets behind the projector but inside the light housing (not inside the lens) they should work..

not sure how the lights are designed, but with most lights there is always space around the light bulb connectors on the inside of the housing behind the reflector.

just be sure if any of the bulbs are incandescent or halogen, that you don't put the silica near them or they could cause the packet to catch fire.

LED and HID bulbs are ok, they don't get hot enough, but obviously don't let the bulb touch the packet.
Old 12-17-15, 02:16 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
the silica needs to be able to get where the condensation is occurring. the silica works by absorbing and holding water vapor.
if these have projectors then the projectors will have a gap around them so if you mount the silica packets behind the projector but inside the light housing (not inside the lens) they should work..
not sure how the lights are designed, but with most lights there is always space around the light bulb connectors on the inside of the housing behind the reflector.
just be sure if any of the bulbs are incandescent or halogen, that you don't put the silica near them or they could cause the packet to catch fire.
LED and HID bulbs are ok, they don't get hot enough, but obviously don't let the bulb touch the packet.
Thanks a bunch! I will explore the headlight more closely when I go home to see how to discretely hide the packets

I noticed you are in Cali where it doesent rain often at all. To my understanding Silica gel RETAINS and ABSORBS Moisture up to 40% of its weight. Being that I am in New york where I experience more humid weather more often throughout the year, will this only be a temporary solution to the condensation? or will the silica packets air dry itself?

Thanks for all input.
Old 12-18-15, 09:57 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Thanks a bunch! I will explore the headlight more closely when I go home to see how to discretely hide the packets

I noticed you are in Cali where it doesent rain often at all. To my understanding Silica gel RETAINS and ABSORBS Moisture up to 40% of its weight. Being that I am in New york where I experience more humid weather more often throughout the year, will this only be a temporary solution to the condensation? or will the silica packets air dry itself?

Thanks for all input.

the heat from the headlights should dry them out enough, but I can't really say based on your location.

I had them in there for 6 years without issue. but yeah the weather here is nothing like NY, (I grew up in Greenville, NY upstate).
Old 12-18-15, 01:40 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

My OEM lights had some condensation issues... the silica packs do work great at clearing it up, however the droplets can leave some spots inside the light that will not simply go away when the moisture clears up. The water spots are there forever unless I open up the headlights and clean them... so that sucks since they are quite noticeable. IMO if you're buying new lights, they should be sealed properly for many years. If they leak, they should be replaced by the manufacturer.
Old 12-30-15, 11:16 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So a number of you have purchased these headlights. I recently received mine in the mail as well.

my question is:

Those of you who live in states like NY that experience 4 seasons year round, Have you run in to condensation problems?

Have you installed HID kits on them?
Do you experience any kind of moisture inside the headlight?

Thanks for any feedback.

UPDATE!!!

I called Louis/ Lewis at VIP motoz and he explained to me that they had some feedback in regards to the headlight condensation issue.
He also stated that IF YOU ORDERED FROM VIPMOTOZ AND YOU ARE FROM CLUBLEXUS. They will warranty your headlight IF YOU EXPERIENCE CONDENSATION.

AGAIN ONLY IF YOU PURCHASE FROM VIPMOTOZ and YOU MENTION You are from Clublexus. They will go through great extents to take care of us.

That being said, He mentioned that since the older headlights were experiencing condensation, The newer headlights have an Extra coat of silicone to prevent this condensation. I will keep you guys updated AFTER I get a chance to install it.

Like Whitebeast has mentioned, they are amazing at customer service and know the forums quite well. They seem like they will go great lengths for us
Nothing but Thumbs up for VIPMotoz.

UPDATE 12/24/2015

Ive had the headlights for 1 week, And have experienced a downpour, and abnormal foggy days ( Its 70 degrees here in NYC on the last week of december)

The headlights are still in perfect condition with no leaks or condensation issues. I will be updating this thread periodically.
So what release date have the condensation problems. I bought a set in June-ish and have yet to install them because my work schedule has been crazy the past few months. Theyre in my garage and I am going to install them my next weekend off but dont want to install them just to have to remove them and get a warranty remedy.
Old 12-31-15, 06:26 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joelseff
So what release date have the condensation problems. I bought a set in June-ish and have yet to install them because my work schedule has been crazy the past few months. Theyre in my garage and I am going to install them my next weekend off but dont want to install them just to have to remove them and get a warranty remedy.
Unfortunately they did not provide a timeframe. Another member KTis I think bought them back in summer and he had a leak. This was due to the sealant melting off from the summer heat though.

When i called, Louis said that the newer models have an extra coat of silicone and sealant that you can see if you inspect the headlight. He said that if you see an extra seal of black sealent that goes around the headlight it means they have addressed the leaking issue.

To report, Ive had the headlight for 2 weeks now, and they are still perfectly fine. I had the extra sealant around my headlight.
Old 01-01-16, 03:32 PM
LEX6IX
Rookie

Definitely having the condensation issue.. bought mine around August. Happy to hear VIPmotoz will help with this..
Old 01-19-16, 09:23 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mean to thread jack but here are the newest version of these headlights. Does anyone have any experience with these too?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301736062966?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights