IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-16, 05:59 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Will these headlights work with stock hid's? I have 2010 IS350 with AFS and stock hid's (D4S bulbs)
Old 06-29-16, 06:09 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanO
Will these headlights work with stock hid's? I have 2010 IS350 with AFS and stock hid's (D4S bulbs)
*Edited*
No...you will need to get a new hid set

Last edited by MikeyK02; 08-10-16 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-29-16, 06:15 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
Yes. Ive got mine en route.

They said it would not work for 11-13 headlights

But previous year HIDs...you lose afs ability
nice thanks

let me know how it goes if you don't mind.. PM me or msg on here.. I've been contemplating buying these or buying the factory model - they are stupid expensive tho
Old 06-29-16, 06:32 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Originally Posted by SeanO
nice thanks

let me know how it goes if you don't mind.. PM me or msg on here.. I've been contemplating buying these or buying the factory model - they are stupid expensive tho
Most definitely, I've said it in another thread. I had the factory headlights on my last build at the time, even with a sewell hookup, it hurt the pocket book.

I'm not shelling out 2K + (yes you can find some for 1200 mark) for the same lights 4 years later.

These have got great reviews (newer versions at least) and come with a 1 year warrant. I could buy these many times over, before I got to just one set of OEMS. Not to mention if I get them and are not pleased can send them back within 60 days.

with the extra money not spent on OEMs, I've spent acquiring an 2013 Fsport front end. For me it made sense from a spend point of view.
Old 06-29-16, 09:33 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mylilpony
Just bought these from VIPMOTOZ on ebay. I have a 2012 IS250 Base with Halogen Headlights.
These are the ones I bought. "2006-2013 Lexus IS250 IS350 LED Strip DRL SMD LED Headlights Assembly Left Right"
2006 2013 Lexus IS250 is350 LED Strip DRL SMD LED Headlights Assembly Left Right | eBay

Can anyone confirm/answer the following?

1) I heard that the LED DRL can only be turned on when we turn on "parking lights"
These can be fixed by repining to be on 100% of the time no matter what option the stalk is on?

2) Since I have halogen housing, I upgraded using xenondepot HID kit. These headlights require H7.
These can be used on these headlights? I can totally just throw out the H7's right?

3) I read that there seems to be "hyperflash" issues with this.
Is there anyone to fix this?

4) Would I be able to use my stock halogen highbeam bulbs on these new headlights?

Thanks in advance,

-Kevin
1) you have to rewire so it taps to your dlr
2) yes h7 kit will work just fine
3) no hyper flash issue
4)no the high beam is a different bulb size.

Hope this helps
Old 06-29-16, 10:12 PM
mylilpony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
1) you have to rewire so it taps to your dlr
2) yes h7 kit will work just fine
3) no hyper flash issue
4)no the high beam is a different bulb size.

Hope this helps
YOOOOOO ICY COMING THROUGHHHHH

My aftermarket HID kit is actually H11. If that makes a difference?

Thanks for your reply man. Will post results when I get mine and contribute to this thread.
Old 06-30-16, 06:25 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mylilpony
YOOOOOO ICY COMING THROUGHHHHH

My aftermarket HID kit is actually H11. If that makes a difference?

Thanks for your reply man. Will post results when I get mine and contribute to this thread.

Then h11 kit will not fit unfortunately. The low beams are h7 and the highs are h1 as stated on vipmotoz listing. Let us know how you like it!
Old 06-30-16, 05:59 PM
kwanye
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

do you have a diy to run the led as drl?
Old 06-30-16, 06:43 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

No DIY Since i don't use it as DLR.

But
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Mm...ature=youtu.be

2:45 explains it
Old 06-30-16, 07:37 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

To make it work at DRL you would have to add a circuit and run wire for both side. On top of that, you also need 2 replay (one for each side) to eliminate the hyper flash on the LED strips.
Old 06-30-16, 08:39 PM
mylilpony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
To make it work at DRL you would have to add a circuit and run wire for both side. On top of that, you also need 2 replay (one for each side) to eliminate the hyper flash on the LED strips.
Hey thanks for your input Whitebeast. Did some search and saw that there is only 1 relay. What do you mean by two?
And I guess this way is way safer since we aren't actually modding anything rather swapping/adding.

I'm referencing this one by Joe Z

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...y-located.html
Old 07-03-16, 02:06 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Each type of headlight has difference issue. The reason I said you need 2 replay cause I have been through it and I personal do it on 3 set of headlight already.
The guide you are looking at is for OEM LED headlight. The situation you are dealing with is aftermarket set so LED driver is not that good. If you are using single replay them 1 side (passenger) will be hyper flash.
Old 07-09-16, 09:40 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Test fit. Very pleased with build quality

Name:  0709161209a_HDR_zps4z0dxcpj.jpg
Views: 2485
Size:  238.6 KB
Old 07-10-16, 11:54 AM
top5
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

OK guys, here is the official guide on how to wire your led strip on all the time with vipmotoz headlights.

You have to disconnect the green power wire that is connected to the LED strip of the headlight

This photo from earlier in the thread shows the bullet connectors under the headlight.

It is under the turn signal and there are 4 wires connected to a relay under the signal (you can see it in the photo, it has the gold sticker on it). They are bullet connectors, you disconnect that bullet connector. You should now be left with one end connected to the wiring harness and the other end connecting to the headlight itself. Tape up the end connected to the wiring harness as this will no longer be used.

To turn on the LED strip when your car is on you will need a FUSE TAP

You can get a FUSE TAP from canadian tire or wherever americans go to buy parts from. it has to be a minimum 10AMP fuse tap. you will be tapping into the IGN2 fuse which is on the drivers side fuse box. you can find the location in your service manual.

Once you do that run 16-18ga wire to the green wire you disconnected earlier, connect it to the fuse tap, and it should work.

With this method there are no relays neccessary. I experience no flickering or LED failure.
I understand whitebeast has run into that issue but I and a few others who I know have purchased these do not experience this issue.

To disable your DRL there are two methods

The first method is to go through a dealer and get them to disable it through Techstream. Which doesn't get done often due to inexperience.

I went with no high beam. Illegal and dangerous, totally worth it

--

This aside, these headlights are next to perfect. Fitment is great. No issues with condensation with regular weekly power washes (I wax the headlights instead of using sealant based on experience with decent quality sealants still showing yellowing). It's been 2 months with the lights. Do not forget to align the lights when you purchase them as the alignment from their factory is terrible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by top5; 07-10-16 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-10-16, 02:06 PM
SeanO
Instructor

A few more questions.. (2010 IS350)

1) These headlights will work with D4S stock HID bulbs?

2) From what i read here.. the strip LED portion of the headlights it not on full time?

3) Anyone have more pictures of the headlights? pics in direct sunshine with lights on, pics at night with lights on?

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights