IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-16, 01:09 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Like icy350 statement, there are 3 8mm bolts behind the headlight to adjust the light level. I always adjust the leveling before install to the car. That should be noted for any DIY or installation process. Lot of them don't adjust leveling before putting back everything together
Old 04-16-16, 02:47 PM
booey23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Like icy350 statement, there are 3 8mm bolts behind the headlight to adjust the light level. I always adjust the leveling before install to the car. That should be noted for any DIY or installation process. Lot of them don't adjust leveling before putting back everything together
Hey whitebeast,

Which 8mm do i turn to level my low beams and which way to do I turn to go up and down? I just tried and so far i can't seem to figure it out. Pics would be nice, if you can post some. Its not night time for me yet so i can still adjust it. Thanks!
Old 04-16-16, 03:07 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by booey23
Hey whitebeast,

Which 8mm do i turn to level my low beams and which way to do I turn to go up and down? I just tried and so far i can't seem to figure it out. Pics would be nice, if you can post some. Its not night time for me yet so i can still adjust it. Thanks!
Agreed. I need to level my lights except I have not done so yet
Old 04-16-16, 10:00 PM
booey23
Rookie

VIPMOTOZ sent me this email explaining how to raise and lower beams, but didn't tell me which bolt does what? If anyone who owns these headlights, please show me which one do lower and raise the beams, pls do.

QUOTE:
I do apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

As for the headlight adjustment, you will have to remove the headlight in other to adjust it and there are no other way. However if you have a tool that can reach the adjustment know without removing the headlight then it will best. Also the height of the headlight aim will depend on the height of your vehicle. Please review the information we have for adjusting the headlight aim.

• The vehicle should be placed so the headlamps are 25 ft (7.6 m) from a light colored wall or other flat surface.

• The vehicle must have all four tires on a perfectly level surface which is level all the way to the wall or other flat surface.

• The vehicle should be placed so it is perpendicular to the wall or other flat surface.

You will need to just adjust the beams by using the silver bolts on the back which allows you aim up/down and left/right.

1.) Turn on the low-beam headlamps and place a piece of cardboard or equivalent in front of the headlamp not being aimed. This should allow only the beam of light from the headlamp being aimed to be seen on the flat surface.

2.) Turn the vertical aiming screw until the Right Gradient Line (Cutoff Line) (2) is set at the H-H (Horizontal Axis) (1) within +/- 2.0 inches measured at 25 feet.
Old 04-16-16, 10:08 PM
booey23
Rookie

I have here a pic of the back, if anyone can explain which color bolt does what, would be awesome!
Old 04-18-16, 07:18 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

As i remember

The red color is LEFT and RIGHT adjustment
The sea blue color (on the bottom) is HIGH and LOW adjusment
The green color is leveling adjust.
If you look closer on the headlight, They do printed with bolt is for

***You should adjust Left Right, and Up Down first. Leave the leveling along. It's only use when you adjust the height of your car.

Here is what i do be fore installing headlight.
1. Part my car heading to my garage door about 15' away
2. Turn on OEM headlight (you will see cut off line on the garage door) mark center point using paint tape
3. Line up the cut off line (new headlight) with marking tape
4. put everything together and call enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
n9tkd9 (05-29-18)
Old 05-01-16, 06:27 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Just installed mine

Just put them in... Finally. I had these since last summer lol.

They look good. Adjusting them is a Pain but overall I'm happy. Haven't washed them yet so hopefully no leak issues. Mine did have the extra black silicone around did so here's to hoping. Took me 6 hours to install lol. I have a bad back and shoulder so I took my time.

I installed Morimoto 35w HIDs. Tried to upgrade the H1 high beam to Led but the opening is real small so I just stuck with stock.

Here are pics

Set on parking lights/city lights

Low beams on

Close up of driver side. I also upgraded my fog lights to optilux yellow.

Close up passenger side.

I put on two coats of optilens to help protect the lens. We'll see if it holds up. I'm a little worried about all the leak issues... Hope you guys get it resolved.

Last edited by Joelseff; 05-02-16 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-01-16, 09:43 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Look great!!!
Old 05-02-16, 10:29 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Look great!!!
Thanks bro and thanks for your help!
Old 05-02-16, 05:23 PM
Tketrns
Driver School Candidate

That is so sick! That is totally worth it over the stock headlamps. i think i might switch to yellow too.
Old 05-02-16, 06:10 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tketrns
That is so sick! That is totally worth it over the stock headlamps. i think i might switch to yellow too.
Thanks!

And an update: I took it to a power wash/touch less car wash after work today and bought the top car wash which pretty much deluged the car and no signs of leaking. 😃 so far SOOO worth the 600 bucks I spent (headlights plus morimoto kit)!
Old 05-03-16, 09:37 AM
Amerdt4
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys , I've been on the fence about jumping on these headlights . My Main hangup it the size of the projector lens . Has anyone retro'd them with another projector ? Theses look quite small to me. Has anyone cracked theses suckers open ? How is the LED output vs stock ? any input is appreciated . I think they do fit well and don't buldge out in the lens as much as others I've seen, closer to factory.
Old 05-03-16, 09:39 AM
Amerdt4
Driver School Candidate

Another question .. To the people who have had them on your cars for a while , Do you see any stress cracks in the lenses ? I know that Depo replacements seem to get small stress cracks over time , I guess its better that turning yellow but .. Just would like to hear it ..
Old 05-03-16, 06:51 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Amerdt4
Hey guys , I've been on the fence about jumping on these headlights . My Main hangup it the size of the projector lens . Has anyone retro'd them with another projector ? Theses look quite small to me. Has anyone cracked theses suckers open ? How is the LED output vs stock ? any input is appreciated . I think they do fit well and don't buldge out in the lens as much as others I've seen, closer to factory.
The projector is smaller but the light output from the morimotos are excellent. Very close to stock except without AFS and Auto leveling Which i dont miss. The LEDs at night are very bright. Even in direct sunlight you can see them but get washed out a little. The low beams as DRL are very dark yellow. Im looking at options for H1 bulbs but I dont want to lose my igh beams so I dont think there is a good option out there.
Old 06-29-16, 04:31 PM
mylilpony
Driver School Candidate

Just bought these from VIPMOTOZ on ebay. I have a 2012 IS250 Base with Halogen Headlights.
These are the ones I bought. "2006-2013 Lexus IS250 IS350 LED Strip DRL SMD LED Headlights Assembly Left Right"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181735313710?item=181735313710&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
Can anyone confirm/answer the following?

1) I heard that the LED DRL can only be turned on when we turn on "parking lights"
These can be fixed by repining to be on 100% of the time no matter what option the stalk is on?

2) Since I have halogen housing, I upgraded using xenondepot HID kit. These headlights require H7.
These can be used on these headlights? I can totally just throw out the H7's right?

3) I read that there seems to be "hyperflash" issues with this.
Is there anyone to fix this?

4) Would I be able to use my stock halogen highbeam bulbs on these new headlights?

Thanks in advance,

-Kevin

Last edited by mylilpony; 06-29-16 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights