IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 06:41 PM
akanick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another VIP Motoz buyer with condensation reporting in! However, mine is only on the driver side and wasn't sealed correctly so soap/water is currently screwing my headlights as we type! I already contacted them and they reminded me about the warranty but they are currently out of the headlights This situation really sucks because I personally dont trust myself to take off my front bumper and replace the headlights myself. So this whole thing will still probably cost around $600. Not to mention I had XPel installed on the headlight to provide it some extra protection (I know this doesn't relate to the condensation, I just need to rant).
Old 03-01-16, 08:27 PM
topspeed55
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akanick
Another VIP Motoz buyer with condensation reporting in! However, mine is only on the driver side and wasn't sealed correctly so soap/water is currently screwing my headlights as we type! I already contacted them and they reminded me about the warranty but they are currently out of the headlights This situation really sucks because I personally dont trust myself to take off my front bumper and replace the headlights myself. So this whole thing will still probably cost around $600. Not to mention I had XPel installed on the headlight to provide it some extra protection (I know this doesn't relate to the condensation, I just need to rant).
Definitely ask for compensation for the Xpel at the very least. They should compensate you for any installation costs as well if they cared about their reputation.
Old 03-08-16, 08:28 PM
akanick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I'm not living in NY but i do wash my car at least 3 times a week. I never have any condensation problem. I must stated out that i don't use the seal that come with HID kit cause i think it's wasn't good enough to seal up everything.
Any way, i could be a lucky customer!!!!
Do you mind sharing what sealant you used?
Old 03-28-16, 05:14 PM
jblanco222
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if these headlights have awant adjustments for the projectors? Mine are aiming super low and I can't seem to find an adjusted anywhere with them installed on my car
Old 03-28-16, 07:46 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jblanco222
Does anyone know if these headlights have awant adjustments for the projectors? Mine are aiming super low and I can't seem to find an adjusted anywhere with them installed on my car

There should be 3 ***** behind the headlight that adjusts the light level.

If not call VIP motoz and explain the situation to them.
Old 03-28-16, 11:29 PM
liqB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres an 8MM behind the lamp

Originally Posted by jblanco222
Old 04-04-16, 03:03 PM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

I ended up going ahead and purchasing these headlights for my 2011 and these are 100% compatible with our models without any modification. I had the standard halogen headlights before upgrading and these fit perfectly in case anyone else was interested. I also got much better light output compared to the factory projector and I don't have any condensation issues.
Old 04-04-16, 06:07 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mikeym718
I ended up going ahead and purchasing these headlights for my 2011 and these are 100% compatible with our models without any modification. I had the standard halogen headlights before upgrading and these fit perfectly in case anyone else was interested. I also got much better light output compared to the factory projector and I don't have any condensation issues.

Glad you see another positive response, the light output is definitely better than stock!

What part of NY are you from. We should def link up! Not a lot of is here at all.
Old 04-04-16, 07:43 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by akanick
Do you mind sharing what sealant you used?
I use white marine sealant. i bought it at Home Depot
something like this
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21014810?w...874511&veh=sem
Old 04-04-16, 07:45 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

My headlight is still in super good condition now and i wash my car a lot (high pressure wash)
Old 04-10-16, 07:31 AM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Icy350
Glad you see another positive response, the light output is definitely better than stock!

What part of NY are you from. We should def link up! Not a lot of is here at all.
I'm from Brooklyn although occasionally in the Bronx. PM me if you want to exchange info.
Old 04-12-16, 01:29 PM
5nX37
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious to know if the LED strip can be used as DRL?
Old 04-14-16, 08:47 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5nX37
Curious to know if the LED strip can be used as DRL?

Yes! They showcased a video explaining which wire needs to be required in order to run as DLR.

I would link you however my work network blocks social media.

If you go on their website or if you look up WHITEBEAST on his post for his review with VIP motoz, I believe he posted a video as well. Just look up his username and see the threads he started.

What I did was I Just drive in ACC mode for my lights during the day time and turn on my headlights when need be.
Old 04-14-16, 11:32 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Well, if you want to run LED at DRL, you would need Replays and Add on Circuit.
Old 04-15-16, 10:09 PM
booey23
Rookie

Just received mine and installed them today! I am absolutely satisfied with my purchase and VIPMOTOZ are a legit company with great services. BUT I have one question to those who own these headlights, one side of my headlight is aimed very low, does anyone know where to adjust the beams height and which way to turn? Pls and thank you! Would like an answer before i do it tomorrow night!

Quick Reply: eBay VIPMotoz LED Headlights