IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Spec - D tail lights installed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-16, 10:28 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey where did you guys buy your Spec D tails from anyway? Any link to a good site that sells them? I went on to Spec D's website (on mobile) and theres no way for me to add these to a cart or even check pricing.

Im trying to get some red ones. The closer to OEM color the better. Also trying to get these beforr they become even more expensive
Old 05-01-16, 10:56 AM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
I dont necessarily love the black borders but I dont hate them either. I still think these are a better option than stock, especially if you are trying to stand out from the Ocean of 2IS's in your city. Thats exactly why I want these for my car, because not only do they look real nice in person (pictures dont do it justice) but your different than the rest of the crowd. Or at least different than most of the crowd anyway lol.
Yeah don't get me wrong they definitely look good.. I might wait another year and see if they come down in price.. And I'm not sure if they would work for a 2010 with the LED lamps..
Old 05-01-16, 11:15 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey where did you guys buy your Spec D tails from anyway? Any link to a good site that sells them?

Im trying to get some red ones. The closer to OEM color the better.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-2006-2...RV579S&vxp=mtr
^that is the exact one I bought, now $50 less than I paid. There is no black outer on these pictures but it still has black borders when you get them. The color is a touch lighter than OEM but close

Originally Posted by SeanO
And I'm not sure if they would work for a 2010 with the LED lamps..
Guaranteed to work on your tails, I have them on my 2012. The only difference in the years is the harness that plugs in, but these have them with them, it is only an issue when changing OEM between years/styles that you would need the different harness.

Check my build if you want for color reference
Old 05-01-16, 11:24 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MAizz
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-2006-2...RV579S&vxp=mtr
^that is the exact one I bought, now $50 less than I paid. There is no black outer on these pictures but it still has black borders when you get them. The color is a touch lighter than OEM but closeGuaranteed to work on your tails, I have them on my 2012. The only difference in the years is the harness that plugs in, but these have them with them, it is only an issue when changing OEM between years/styles that you would need the different harness.

Thanks for the link! Ill definitely try and order them while they are cheaper
Old 05-01-16, 05:16 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link! Ill definitely try and order them while they are cheaper
Got mine at CarID.com
Old 05-01-16, 05:17 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by IamLexus
I just notice this car and the background, that you're Kevin from TJHunt channel lol..
Haha yes 'tis me
Old 05-01-16, 10:42 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktran1039
Haha yes 'tis me
Majority of the time I am following TJ for your car haha. Tell him we need more IS250.
Old 05-05-16, 01:05 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Guaranteed to work on your tails, I have them on my 2012. The only difference in the years is the harness that plugs in, but these have them with them, it is only an issue when changing OEM between years/styles that you would need the different harness.

So plug n play for 2009+?

I messaged seller and they say they don't fit but if you got them to fit with none to little modification I'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks.
Old 05-05-16, 07:08 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joelseff
So plug n play for 2009+?

I messaged seller and they say they don't fit but if you got them to fit with none to little modification I'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks.
Check my earlier post for the exact link, I called them prior to ordering and they told me I could try them and return them if they didn't fit, I have had zero issues with them and It has been a few months. That link I posted is the exact one I ordered from (still says "you ordered this item" when I log in).

They are plug and play, but you do have to put the wires together (color coded). Here is my write up on the different styles.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...omparison.html

These have one extra step from Nigels but I would still call them pug and play, no need for bulbs or anything.

I had my car in for service and the manager even came out to tell me he liked the look better than stock.
Old 05-05-16, 07:45 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Also If you have never taken the tail lights out I can walk you through it, It takes no more than 5 minutes
Old 05-05-16, 09:32 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Default VIDEO - Also follow me :) @kevin_trxn

This gives a better impression of the tails. One of my favorite aesthetic mods so far...I haven't done much but still. Hahah

Check out this short clip

View this post on Instagram
Old 05-05-16, 09:38 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ktran1039
This gives a better impression of the tails. One of my favorite aesthetic mods so far...I haven't done much but still. Hahah

Check out this short clip

View this post on Instagram
I saw this vid when you posted it on Instagram. Those tails definetly look better on video than in pictures, and they look even better in person than either lol
Old 05-05-16, 08:15 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Check my earlier post for the exact link, I called them prior to ordering and they told me I could try them and return them if they didn't fit, I have had zero issues with them and It has been a few months. That link I posted is the exact one I ordered from (still says "you ordered this item" when I log in).

They are plug and play, but you do have to put the wires together (color coded). Here is my write up on the different styles.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...omparison.html

These have one extra step from Nigels but I would still call them pug and play, no need for bulbs or anything.

I had my car in for service and the manager even came out to tell me he liked the look better than stock.
RIght on bro I'll check out your links! Much appreciated
Old 08-24-16, 06:22 AM
ponteley
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure why all of them are marketed as: "for 06-08 IS250/350"
Just installed Spec-D on my 2011 is350 - PnP, no modifications to anything, same harness, just follow included manual.
All good so far. The picture shows amber, but in fact it's bright red LED strips.

Last edited by ponteley; 08-24-16 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-24-16, 08:15 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ponteley
I'm not sure why all of them are marketed as: "for 06-08 IS250/350"
Just installed Spec-D on my 2011 is350 - PnP, no modifications to anything, same harness, just follow included manual.
All good so far. The picture shows amber, but in fact it's bright red LED strips.
agreed, I've had them on my '12 for almost a year now with no issues at all

Quick Reply: Spec - D tail lights installed.