IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking for more Spec-D/eBay Headlight Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-15, 05:37 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Looking for more Spec-D/eBay Headlight Feedback

I've read through the existing threads on these headlights, but now that some time has passed for those of you who have purchased them, I am hoping for some more feedback.

- Any issues?
- Condensation/moisture?
- LED strip failure/issues?
- Installation / Fitment Issues?
- Anyone regret the purchase?

Photos highly appreciated! (especially on SGM color vehicles)

My OEM headlights are leaking and hazy, so I either need to consider finding a cheap set of oem non-LED lights, or purchase these replicas as my budget simply does not allow for 2011+ OEM LED's.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-15, 07:59 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the other version on ebay or spyder lights. I did a lot of research on the spec d lights and I found so many issues that people had regarding the spec d lights. When the spyder lights came out, it seemed like a better alternative for me. They come in black or smoke. I went with the smoke version and smoke fog lights. I've had them for a few months now with no issues. BTW my IS had oem hids with afs, so i had to pull the afs fuse to keep the dash light from flashing. Here's the review.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...w-version.html

Old 12-11-15, 06:55 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm very very happy with my eBay headlight (spider headlight from VIPMotorz).
Old 12-12-15, 06:04 AM
DanielA
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do it!

I wanted to save money by getting aftermarket, instead of saving up for OEM's biggest mistake. They look horrible during the day time & at night you won't be able to see a thing! Lol
Old 12-12-15, 07:46 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

you should check the leveling. I have no problem for visible at nighttime. Lot of us have it and look like you're the only one have that problem.
Do you have HID kit?
Old 12-12-15, 08:34 PM
KtIS
Rookie

spyder lights are horrible , LED not bright enough , Bad visible at night because it using halogen bulbs and below 4000k . it also have leaking issue after i used 3 month . Do Not Buy It !

Old 12-12-15, 11:41 PM
ICU2
Pole Position

Whenever I see these in real life - the colour temperature of the LEDs are always too blue and screams aftermarket/cheap. Not sure if the ones I see are once off though?
Old 12-13-15, 04:57 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Well, that is enough to convince me to just try to refinish my OEM ones or find used replacements of OEM silver ones. Don't want to spend $400 and then be more unhappy than I am with my cloudy OEM ones. Thank you.
Old 01-20-16, 09:24 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pics/feedback on these lights installed? I'd love to hear anyone's experience as well as the OP I'm sure. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191521030735?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 02-27-16, 10:14 PM
PhanyPack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mitsuboost
Any pics/feedback on these lights installed? I'd love to hear anyone's experience as well as the OP I'm sure. Thanks!

2006 2009 Lexus IS250 Glossy Black LED DRL Signal Strip Projector Headlights | eBay
Well I got the same smoked headlights on ebay. It's been about 6 months since I had them and they're pretty nice compared to the stock headlights. Only problem is that lowbeam in night time is pretty dim, so if you have trouble driving at night and really like these headlights, BUY NEW BULBS. I probally will buy new bulbs soon because I hate clinching on my steering wheel cause I can't see past 20 ft. But i do like the LED strip, I drive with them on all the time, even in bright day light.
Old 02-28-16, 12:12 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I was going to pick up some VIPMotoz head lights since I was local to him. He offered local pickup but he wouldn't give any discount even if you paid cash. I asked him wouldn't I save him in eBay fees, Paypal fees and shipping cost if I picked these up locally and paid you in cash. He responded "I get a really low rate with eBay." Being an eBay seller, even with Powerseller status, on an item that cost $355, you will have to pay $21.50+ $10.60 for Paypal Fee + $20-30 for shipping.

Not to mention, there are numerous people with condensation problem with VIPMotoz headlights.
Old 02-28-16, 12:39 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

He cou ld want eBay to protect the transaction for him. He could be using eBay or paypal as a form of third party protection where he wouldn't get from cash. Either way its his choice on how to sell his items.

Condensation issue was taken care of for me, free of charge. They sent me brand new headlights no questions asked.
Old 02-28-16, 08:18 PM
topspeed55
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I was going to pick up some VIPMotoz head lights since I was local to him. He offered local pickup but he wouldn't give any discount even if you paid cash. I asked him wouldn't I save him in eBay fees, Paypal fees and shipping cost if I picked these up locally and paid you in cash. He responded "I get a really low rate with eBay." Being an eBay seller, even with Powerseller status, on an item that cost $355, you will have to pay $21.50+ $10.60 for Paypal Fee + $20-30 for shipping.

Not to mention, there are numerous people with condensation problem with VIPMotoz headlights.
They are hard to deal with for sure, not the best customer service.

I don't buy the ebay/paypal protection either because sellers have less protection selling through ebay, only buyers do. Anyone can dispute and item and make up something and ebay always takes the buyer's side, then the buyer will try to strong arm the seller by threatening negative feedback if they don't like something.

I'm still on the fence about these headlight, like you, I've heard way too many bad stories about vipmotoz products, not only 2IS lights but if you google it, many others seem to have problems across the board with their lighting products.
Old 02-28-16, 10:51 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
He cou ld want eBay to protect the transaction for him. He could be using eBay or paypal as a form of third party protection where he wouldn't get from cash. Either way its his choice on how to sell his items.

Condensation issue was taken care of for me, free of charge. They sent me brand new headlights no questions asked.
How does eBay protect the buyer? Wouldn't you get the most seller's protection just accepting cash? No chance of eBay negative feedback, no chance of a chargeback from Paypal/ eBay. The only thing eBay protect is the buyer. BTW, I have sold thousands of item on eBay for my previous business.

I understand that is his choice of how he wants to sell his item but I am just letting other people know how they do business. There are dozens of other sellers on eBay that sells the exact same headlight. I am in talks with another vendor that is much more flexible than VIPMotoz.
Old 02-29-16, 12:45 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear you had such an unfortunate experience. Hopefully youll still be able to get what you are looking for.
It could be that he just didn't want to do a cash transaction for a lower price. Who knows. I understand that minus all fees, it should be cheaper than what's listed on eBay. But there could be some internal logistics that we don't know about where they are choosing to sell in the way they do. Everyone does something For a reason.

Quick Reply: Looking for more Spec-D/eBay Headlight Feedback