Joefosho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am I getting a good deal 10k with 140k 06 is 350

Old 11-06-15, 04:00 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Whats going on with the roof? Almost looks like failing clear coat.
Old 11-06-15, 06:58 PM
jameslathr
Driver School Candidate

I got an 06 350 with 140k miles and the same options as yours but stock wheels and better paint + long list of service history for 11.5k. I'd say shop around a bit more, unless those wheels are your type.
Old 11-06-15, 07:25 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Saying that's a bad deal is an understatement. That thing is straight up crap. If I walked up to that with them asking $10,000, I'd leave. It's so bad I wouldn't even make an offer because they'd probably find the realistic value(around $6,500-7,000) too insulting.
Let me justify that: the clear coat is failing and the only way to fix that is to take it to a shop or vinyl wrap the whole thing. Either way, you're looking at a minimum of $1,000 to fix that. Also, it may just be the way the light is hitting it, but it looks like the headlights don't match. If that's the case, that means it was in an accident and it was repaired by a shop that was so mediocre, they didn't even bother to take the few minutes to polish them and coat them so that both matched. This is also based on the fact that it has an IS 350 F-sport bumper. Then you come upon the fact that it's a base model. Not even a navigation base with no ML, just a straight-up base model. If I remember correctly, the F-Sport didn't even start until 2007, so that's a base model with badges stuck on there. Even if it does have all the f-sport stuff on there, unlikely due to the crappiness of the rest of the car, it doesn't add any value because it's not even a legitimate option on that year.

To compare, I've seen a couple of fully loaded, including navigation and ML, IS350s for $11-12,000 with 100,000 miles. That's 40,000 miles less and not total pieces of crap.

Last edited by NickTee; 11-06-15 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-07-15, 02:16 AM
Jdang
Driver School Candidate

Couldn't agree more. Op, keep looking. Theres much better ones out there for that price.
Old 11-07-15, 11:50 AM
LiquidSF
Rookie

350s came with no navi? Besides the rims and the screen-less interior, I think the previous owner had the right direction on mods as he chose the popular "nice" ones. Just wished he took better care of the exterior.
Old 11-07-15, 11:58 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Offer 8k or walk and use all the reasons listed above
Old 11-07-15, 02:48 PM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Yeah I'd pass, the paint is a huge no no for me. Also, I love the navigation screen.

Keep looking you can find better!
Old 11-07-15, 04:44 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wait judging by the interior trim and pedals, wouldnt that indicate its a sport and thus almost fully loaded? (Minus the nav and ML). Or could this just be an interior piece swap by the owner?

Regardless way to many things are off about this car and at that price and that mileage id say yourbgetting ripped off. Ive seen way better examples on craigslist for under $10k all the time. Please do yourself a favor and keep looking. Or at least know that your probably getting yourself into something youd probably rather avoid and getting ripped at the same time and that you are very likely to regret this later. Good luck OP
Old 11-09-15, 01:45 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

In FL, you should be able to find sometime comparable in much better shape.
Old 11-10-15, 09:22 PM
RedISRed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NickTee
Saying that's a bad deal is an understatement. That thing is straight up crap. If I walked up to that with them asking $10,000, I'd leave. It's so bad I wouldn't even make an offer because they'd probably find the realistic value(around $6,500-7,000) too insulting.
Let me justify that: the clear coat is failing and the only way to fix that is to take it to a shop or vinyl wrap the whole thing. Either way, you're looking at a minimum of $1,000 to fix that. Also, it may just be the way the light is hitting it, but it looks like the headlights don't match. If that's the case, that means it was in an accident and it was repaired by a shop that was so mediocre, they didn't even bother to take the few minutes to polish them and coat them so that both matched. This is also based on the fact that it has an IS 350 F-sport bumper. Then you come upon the fact that it's a base model. Not even a navigation base with no ML, just a straight-up base model. If I remember correctly, the F-Sport didn't even start until 2007, so that's a base model with badges stuck on there. Even if it does have all the f-sport stuff on there, unlikely due to the crappiness of the rest of the car, it doesn't add any value because it's not even a legitimate option on that year.

To compare, I've seen a couple of fully loaded, including navigation and ML, IS350s for $11-12,000 with 100,000 miles. That's 40,000 miles less and not total pieces of crap.
Buddy I'd walkaway from that one. That looks like a project car that the owner didn't take care of, aside from the paint being horrible, the front end isn't period correct to the car. Based on the interior it's a base model 06 - 08, but the front bumper is 2011 - 2013. Also like NickTee said, the headlights don't match which makes the car seem like it was in a accident, and that was the owners excuse to try and convert their car to a newer F-Sport model. And I don't know what body panel that is laying across the back seat, it looks like it could be a side skirt, but I wouldn't pay more than 3k for a car with parts in the back seat. That car just looks like the owner filled it with Regular Gas.
Old 11-11-15, 05:17 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Notice how there's not a single photo of the left side. I wonder if that part came off of the car. Maybe this guy is the owner.
Old 11-13-15, 08:36 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

You guys are being really hard on the car. Beside the roof paint issues and switching out the headlight it seems like a good car. Still getting a great second hand value of a car not much can beat the 350 at that price range. Hows the engine?

And BTW it wasnt called the F Sport yet but the 2006 had a Sport package.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 11-13-15 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-13-15, 09:23 AM
RedISRed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
You guys are being really hard on the car. Beside the roof paint issues and switching out the headlight it seems like a good car. Still getting a great second hand value of a car not much can beat the 350 at that price range. Hows the engine?

And BTW it was called the F Sport yet but the 2006 had a Sport package.
But at the same time would you spend 10k on a car with more than 100k miles that needs a headlight, paint, and possible body work... Although it is a 350 and the engine may be good it's still not worth it when you can find some in way better condition.
Old 11-14-15, 08:59 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Wait judging by the interior trim and pedals, wouldnt that indicate its a sport and thus almost fully loaded? (Minus the nav and ML). Or could this just be an interior piece swap by the owner?
No, NickTee is right, it's a base model. Note the lack of ventilated seats.

The silver plastic trim comes standard, the wood is the upgraded trim that comes on premium and luxury package cars.

He just swapped the pedals.

Quick Reply: am I getting a good deal 10k with 140k 06 is 350