IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Spec stage 1 clutch and Fidanza flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-15, 02:22 PM
SebaPR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec stage 1 clutch and Fidanza flywheel

Got word from the mechanic that my pressure plate is done.
I wan't to get the Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel and Spec stage 1 sprung clutch combo.

Just wanted to hear from people who have this setup how long they have it and how its holding up.

Also looking for tips, i read that the bolts on the flywheel need to be shortened, anything else i should let my mechanic know???

I searched and found posts but where not so recent and wanted to hear how they are currently holding up.
Old 11-19-15, 04:22 PM
glenb77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't answer specifically, but i am going through same issue. at 40k miles only on my 06 is250, the clutch went. i had some but not all problems mentioned in these forums. the shuddering in first gear particularly.

i have a really good mechanic who found someone to resurface the stock flywheel and he recommended spec 1 clutch. i wanted to go with the fidnza flywheel but he thought this would save me money and work out. when it was done, he told me he was not happy with the outcome, but i should try it out. i also replaced the lubricant with the synthetic lubricant recommended on this forum somewhere. cost including machine shop, clutch and labor was around 1400.

with this combo, the clutch is very different, the shuddering is greaty reduced but still there and so far for me more difficult to use the clutch, but i'm sure i'll get used to it. there is a noise/bang when going into 2nd. it seems so far that it is smoother if shift at higher rpm's. my mechanic offered to tear it down again and put in the fidanza flywheel for very little labor. i am already out the machine shop fee etc, . i have not decided if i want to spend the money to give this a try or not. the cheapest i can find the flywheel is 500. i think i will break this in and see how it is. i am curious to hear your result with this combo, and if any of the experts here have some advice i would appreciate it. car is long out of all warranty, but i may sue lexus in small claims and just take a shot. this is a design defect for which no warranty should apply. from day one new in 06 the transmission was never good. i mentioned it, they blew me off at dealer, but till now it never got worse and i just lived with it/forgot about it.
Old 11-27-15, 12:19 PM
jgarrido
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys erase clutch accumulator,ask to Jeff thas the best upgrate to this manual transmission.