IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

JoeZ tanabe etc exhaust opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 03:54 PM
gwpatters9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JoeZ tanabe etc exhaust opinion

I tried searching and i've read several threads so if theres any that may more specifically answer my questions pass them along!

Weighing the idea of spending 1500 for the Joe Z exhaust. Carson Lexus can still get them but this is apparently the last production run of them for the 2IS.

I'm getting an 06 350 tomorrow, fully loaded and in great shape so I'm debating starting with wheels/tires/suspension or getting the exhaust while I still can.

My biggest question is how does everyone like the joe z exhaust? Everyone seems to like it and I trust the quality is excellent but you can only listen to so many youtube clips? Any drone with this model?

If sound is a big part of it how are the axle back options? I don't like the really loud ones like hks but the tanabe medallion seems decent (and a third the price of getting a full exhaust).. Does it really improve the sound in the cabin? Any drone there?

I'm a little torn so I need some real advice! Thanks!
Old 08-30-15, 06:47 PM
Kvs_350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends how loud u want it to be.. if u just want a step up from oem get Tanabe or lexus hks. If ur planning to add rear lip in the future do not get Tanabe because Tanabe tip is short so it will sunk in with the rear lip. I have the lexus hks and it sounds awesome! If u want louder than get Joe z
Old 08-31-15, 09:22 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well if you really want an exhaust, you should get that first since this may be your last chance. As for me I have a Tsudo Axel Back which is essentially very similar to an HKS. ( I think lol) I have my resonator removed and it is definitely more than enough sound for me. I originally wanted something super loud but now I realize that unless I have a really fast car or one that is very suped up , it's just kinda stupid to have that. Also drone can be annoying after a while. I have actually seen another is350 around here with mufflers deleted and it is just way to loud, especially since he's driving slow every time I see him, which makes him seem kinda ricer to me to be honest...

Now personally I have never heard a Joe Z exhaust in person but I am sure it sounds great judging from the YouTube clips. Also be aware that the Joe Z is a Cat back , which means it won't pass emissions in CA. Which is the main reason why I have an Axel back. (Also money lol)