IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The time has arrived! Take Your car in for the Stick Dash!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 08:38 PM
trippy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still havent sent me a 2nd letter -_-
Old 09-21-15, 01:15 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Primid
Have you tried calling corporate and complained about this? They might be able to get you a appoinement set'D up. And be sure you talk to a service advisor, don't take the crap that the receptionist's tell you. That's what they have been telling me for months until I decided to call a service advisor.
I've talked 2-3 service advisers at those dealers mentioned. I will try calling corporate, however, Lexus Corp has been a POS every time I talked to them. They just end up telling me the dealers are owned and operated by individuals and they have no power. I really hate calling them, because it takes forever to get a response. In most cases, they say they will follow-up with me in 2-3 days and end up telling me there's nothing they can do.
Old 09-21-15, 06:53 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still waiting on my call to come in. I took mine in back in June and had it inspected, and a printout stating that the dash and door panels will be replaced. I haven't really pressed the issue however. I don't want to be the first through the shop having it done. Let them practice on another car before mine.

Also on a side note: Every time I see this post title in the list with a new response it angers me a little. Might just be that I'm old now (Get off my lawn you kids BTW) but I'm pretty sure OP meant to say "Sticky" and not "Stick Dash". You there OP? Any chance of an edit on the title?? Maybe I just have anger issues though...
Old 09-21-15, 07:19 PM
Gerb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this only apply to those with major stickyness. My dash is like 3/10 for stickyness. Wouldn't mind a new dash if it is covered.
Old 09-21-15, 08:19 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gerb
Does this only apply to those with major stickyness. My dash is like 3/10 for stickyness. Wouldn't mind a new dash if it is covered.
Mine is only sticky around the door pulls and the dash is only slightly sticky in a couple of spots, and only if it's been in the heat for a while. It is also crumbling apart pretty easy, and dragging a fingernail across it gets you a black, crusty, sticky nail. There are also a few chunks missing out of the dash around the radio surround.

When you take it in the Service Advisor will bring a manager out to do the inspection. As soon as he put his hand on the dash and slid it across he said that the dash was a definite replacement. I had to point out the issues with the door panels, but he easily agreed on them.
Old 10-14-15, 01:56 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A1cntrler
Mine is only sticky around the door pulls and the dash is only slightly sticky in a couple of spots, and only if it's been in the heat for a while. It is also crumbling apart pretty easy, and dragging a fingernail across it gets you a black, crusty, sticky nail. There are also a few chunks missing out of the dash around the radio surround.

When you take it in the Service Advisor will bring a manager out to do the inspection. As soon as he put his hand on the dash and slid it across he said that the dash was a definite replacement. I had to point out the issues with the door panels, but he easily agreed on them.
I did the same thing a month ago, haven't heard anything further yet!
Old 10-14-15, 02:01 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
I did the same thing a month ago, haven't heard anything further yet!
I had them print out a sheet saying I was there and what they agreed to fix once parts are available. The sheet also says that I will receive a call. I too am still waiting for the call that parts are available.

The list of proposed dates for all the covered Lexus models the dealer gave to me showed the proposed dates (Which are already past) but the IS was the last model being addressed.
Old 10-15-15, 12:48 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I randomly called my Lexus dealer in town, didn't even know letters were sent out. Talked to a different adviser then my normal one and he said I remember your car, the doors are bad too. I said yes, he ordered all four doors and a new dash without even looking at it. Should be here next week.
Old 10-15-15, 03:43 PM
jjc250
Driver

Will be going for an oil change next Mon. I'll ask the service advisor then to see if he could put me on the list. Hopefully no more "at this time we're still waiting on Lexus to start for the IS" kind of stuff will be heard.
Old 10-16-15, 06:30 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Asked my advisor today about it, said to check back in a week or two as they are still only doing RX's and what not. At least what she could recall anyways.
Old 10-16-15, 09:29 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Went to my dealer today, they did an inspection on it and placed an order for the dash and door panel parts. Said they would call me when they arrived - hopefully it'll be within a month or so.
Old 10-16-15, 10:48 PM
jjc250
Driver

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
Went to my dealer today, they did an inspection on it and placed an order for the dash and door panel parts. Said they would call me when they arrived - hopefully it'll be within a month or so.
What did you say to them exactly?& did you get a paper print out of the order as proof? Sorry, just trying to get some info here.
Old 10-16-15, 11:02 PM
ColdFusion
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc250
What did you say to them exactly?& did you get a paper print out of the order as proof? Sorry, just trying to get some info here.
I called the dealer ahead of time, they said they knew of the issue and to visit the Service department. I drove there today, the front desk directed me with a service guy, who had the car driven up and inspected (took them about an hour, I'm not sure what they inspected though). From what I was told by the service guy, he said that dash replacements are coming in slowly; when people come in to request for the recall, they do an inspection and order the parts, then tell the owner to come back for the install once they receive them. I don't know how this applies to owners who bought the car at the dealer (I bought mine second hand), so I don't know if they email recall notices to you or not.

However, from what he told me, it seemed like certain car models and years only got a dash replacement, but others got the full dash + door panel replacements. I don't know which models/years these differences apply to, but once he had my VIN (06 IS350), he said that my car qualified for a full dash + door panel replacement following an inspection (determining whether the quality was bad enough to warrant a full dash replacement).

I did get invoiced at the end for an inspection for no cost, so I do have paper proof that I went in for the recall. Hopefully I'll hear from them within a few weeks to go back for the actual replacement.
Old 10-19-15, 08:59 AM
Kasim
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tampa,
just got off the call with Corporate, they saying IS last before Lx or LS i couldn't understand.
Second letters will be going out, middle of September.
but it's only Letters, and they planing on start replacement begging of 2016.

Local dealers says "forget about it" this year.
they getting 2-3 panels a week of ES.
Old 10-19-15, 09:48 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdFusion
I called the dealer ahead of time, they said they knew of the issue and to visit the Service department. I drove there today, the front desk directed me with a service guy, who had the car driven up and inspected (took them about an hour, I'm not sure what they inspected though). From what I was told by the service guy, he said that dash replacements are coming in slowly; when people come in to request for the recall, they do an inspection and order the parts, then tell the owner to come back for the install once they receive them. I don't know how this applies to owners who bought the car at the dealer (I bought mine second hand), so I don't know if they email recall notices to you or not.

However, from what he told me, it seemed like certain car models and years only got a dash replacement, but others got the full dash + door panel replacements. I don't know which models/years these differences apply to, but once he had my VIN (06 IS350), he said that my car qualified for a full dash + door panel replacement following an inspection (determining whether the quality was bad enough to warrant a full dash replacement).

I did get invoiced at the end for an inspection for no cost, so I do have paper proof that I went in for the recall. Hopefully I'll hear from them within a few weeks to go back for the actual replacement.
That's weird if they're saying only some cars are eligible for the dash and the door panels. My drivers door panel is rubbing away on the top, along with some stickiness near the door handle and some insane amount of glare. I imagine the cars should be eligible for the full replacement if they have issues on both.

Quick Reply: The time has arrived! Take Your car in for the Stick Dash!