IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The time has arrived! Take Your car in for the Stick Dash!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 09:00 AM
sethlamb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I called Lexus USA, they told me the parts would start to become available in Q4 of this year. They also said that do to the size of the box that the dash and door panels come in, that only 2 sets at a time can fit on a pallet. Those parts have to be shipped via cargo ship. One can only assume how many can fit on one boat, and I am sure its not many. Lexus isn't going to go overboard spending extra money to get these parts to the USA so everyone with a 8-9 year old Lexus can get their dashboard replaced. Now think about how many IS's are on the road today in the USA that will need these replacement parts. Id say it will take a minimum of 6 months to get all these cars fixed, once the parts become available.
Old 08-30-15, 09:41 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by SebaPR
wow i got my inspection and appointment date same day back in nov 2012 replaced on jan 2013 for my 07 my 06 i bought with interiors already replaced(in 2012 acording to records) looks like here in puerto rico with heat and humidity interiors got so melted it was a major complaint and they had to speed up the process
Your so lucky!
Old 08-30-15, 09:44 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by dorkacho
does this apply to 2010?
I believe so.
Old 09-01-15, 06:25 AM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Someone help me out, what's a "stick dash"
Old 09-01-15, 10:48 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nfordhk
Someone help me out, what's a "stick dash"
I think he means "sticky dash" since if it's exposed to direct sunlight specially on hot days, the dash material becomes shiny and sticky to the touch. You can't wipe it out in that condition, it will scratch easily and it will stick to the microfiber rag, hope this helps.
Old 09-02-15, 08:42 PM
pandes
Driver

Update: so I passed the inspection on the dash and side panels. He said they should call me early November to get them installed. yay!
Old 09-06-15, 02:09 PM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

I recently got my 08, and was wondering about the dash, glad to know now!
Old 09-08-15, 12:42 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Primid
Update: so I passed the inspection on the dash and side panels. He said they should call me early November to get them installed. yay!
Exactly the same situation here, I got the green light at Stevinson Lexus of Frederick in CO (just moved from CA a month ago) for dash and interior door panels. 10 guys are ahead of me and the replacement dashes only come once a week so if my math is correct, I should get it some time in November as well, let's see how it pans out.
Old 09-08-15, 09:05 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Primid
Do you have a picture of how severe yours is? Mine is very minor. Not sure if Lexus will replace mine.
Old 09-09-15, 07:19 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Do you have a picture of how severe yours is? Mine is very minor. Not sure if Lexus will replace mine.
Actually my dash and interior door panels got some minor scratches, no cracks or torn areas but I left it in the sun and after a while they get really sticky and shiny so I drove to the dealership and asked them to do the inspection, they are convinced that's a melting dash problem according to the corporate guidelines and the rest is history.
Old 09-10-15, 11:13 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been in touch with my service advisor, apparently they are waiting on the factory to send the IS parts. They are doing the GX, RX and ES right now at my dealership, next is LS, then IS . he said another month or so, but they said that months ago too. I am 30th on the list once the parts come in.
Old 09-11-15, 12:09 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Called 4 dealers near me (Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville) all told me they have not heard any updates on the IS. Two told me I will receive another letter telling me when parts are available (which is crap, it is available). Another told me RX and GX have started, no update on IS. I do not know what to do next. I wish I lived in Cali.

None of the dealers said they have a waiting list. The usual dealer I go to is in Lexington, I have *****ed about my dash to them for the past 2-3 years. They know I will be there ASAP to get my dash replaced.
Old 09-13-15, 10:13 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by anish3232
Called 4 dealers near me (Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville) all told me they have not heard any updates on the IS. Two told me I will receive another letter telling me when parts are available (which is crap, it is available). Another told me RX and GX have started, no update on IS. I do not know what to do next. I wish I lived in Cali.

None of the dealers said they have a waiting list. The usual dealer I go to is in Lexington, I have *****ed about my dash to them for the past 2-3 years. They know I will be there ASAP to get my dash replaced.
Have you tried calling corporate and complained about this? They might be able to get you a appoinement set'D up. And be sure you talk to a service advisor, don't take the crap that the receptionist's tell you. That's what they have been telling me for months until I decided to call a service advisor.
Old 09-17-15, 11:04 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

my service advisor knows me well because i have the thickest maintenance record in there haha (used to be an aircraft mechanic, extremely ****). It's advantageous to get to know your service advisor ]. I have never had an issue with my dealership!
Old 09-20-15, 05:06 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Anyone know if it's possible to get different color for your new door panels ?

Quick Reply: The time has arrived! Take Your car in for the Stick Dash!