IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Are Window Visors Easy to Steal?

Old 08-28-15, 12:28 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You up in Stockton Tro?
Bro the jdm's are pretty sleek and slim. The eBay ones I have on all my other rides and yeah they stick out bout .5" or a lil more but it never bothered me cause it wasn't for looks. The jdm's are for looks for the most part. Guys paint to match which looks good. Immature spend my $400 on an amp for my separates, jdm's is gonna wait.
Some random pics to show the difference
The lines are sick though, check it out.

Old 08-28-15, 09:38 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
You up in Stockton Tro?
Bro the jdm's are pretty sleek and slim. The eBay ones I have on all my other rides and yeah they stick out bout .5" or a lil more but it never bothered me cause it wasn't for looks. The jdm's are for looks for the most part. Guys paint to match which looks good. Immature spend my $400 on an amp for my separates, jdm's is gonna wait.
Some random pics to show the difference
The lines are sick though, check it out.

Yeah they look very very nice. Is that your ride? If so that looks great !

As for the eBay ones you posted on the bottom, is that how the AVS look? I mean , is that how far they stick out? Because if so than I'm definitely sold on the JDM'S. I love the look of the JDM and I only cosidered the AVS because of what I thought was a similar look. But if they stick out a lot than I'd rather not go for AVS after all.. any more input?

Edit: oh yeah, and I'm in modesto, but I head out to Stockton every Sunday
Old 08-28-15, 11:21 AM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had AVS visors before and now I have JDM visors. Which one is easier to take off? With my experience, the AVS one. Since AVS uses only 3M tapes, it's only glued on the top chrome trim of the car doors so if it's easy to put on, then it's easy to take off.

Now JDM has clips with 3M tapes and to take if off properly, you would have to open the door to remove the clips first. Of course it can be taken off without opening the door but it will require more force and you would have to break the clips off. The clips are there to help secure it even if your 3M tapes are worn out.

Overall, the quality of JDM looks much better and flows nicely. The AVS after few weeks, the back visors will eventually fold in (probably due to wind resistance) it will almost touch the door glass because the visors are so flexible. The JDM has a chrome metal piece along the back of the visors which will prevent this. It will always sit nicely regardless...
Old 08-30-15, 07:02 AM
circuitbkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 2IS for a few months but finally I took my JDMs off the other day, and doing it very carefully, I didn't take more than 10 minutes for the whole car. For some reason, I only found a clip on the passenger front visor, the driver's front one didn't have it.

Don't get me wrong, they look great and I almost regret taking it off, but I like clean lines better.
Old 08-30-15, 11:18 AM
LP817
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can confirm the AVS ones do eventually fold in. Mine did touch the window and I ended up sanding the inside area down so they wont ever touch. I did notice the cuts were slightly uneven on the insides where they meet the window. But you'll only notice it if you run your finger along the edge.
Only reason I got the AVS is because of the price. Eventually I'll get the JDM ones too.
Old 09-03-15, 08:38 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Maybe if I could see a comparison shot between the 2 brands it would make everything a lot easier...
These are the best that I could find . . .

JDM:

AVS:

For the people who have had or at least seen both in person, how much more different would you say the AVS is from the JDM? Does it stick out a lot more? Is it shaped differently? What would you say the verdict is on AVS vs JDM considering the price gap between the two??
Looking at the two, the most notable difference is the shape of the rear visors. The curvature (or lack thereof) in the last picture is what I am talking about.

The material and manner in which it is attached also differ as others have stated before.

I'll be honest and say that I'm hoping some one can convince to buy the AVS , but if the JDM's really do out shine the AVS than I'll order those instead. Thanks guys
It really comes down to price. I've seen the AVS Visor warp quickly whereas mine took 5 years to start to show signs of wear...

As for the eBay ones you posted on the bottom, is that how the AVS look? I mean , is that how far they stick out? Because if so than I'm definitely sold on the JDM'S. I love the look of the JDM and I only cosidered the AVS because of what I thought was a similar look. But if they stick out a lot than I'd rather not go for AVS after all.. any more input?
Those were not the AVS Visors . . . They don't protrude much farther than the Lexus Visors and are very close to the same distance from the windows.

Originally Posted by LP817
I can confirm the AVS ones do eventually fold in. Mine did touch the window and I ended up sanding the inside area down so they wont ever touch. I did notice the cuts were slightly uneven on the insides where they meet the window. But you'll only notice it if you run your finger along the edge.
Only reason I got the AVS is because of the price. Eventually I'll get the JDM ones too.
Even now that mine are beginning to fold in, they don't seem like they will touch the window.

Personally, I love mine. They're great when it rains and look good when it doesn't. Frankly, I think mine began to fold in because I drive with my windows down from time to time and the triple digit heat hasn't been too kind either. As stated before, it's price driven.

TL;DR : You either want to spend $ 400.00 on visors or not.
Old 09-03-15, 10:53 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
These are the best that I could find . . .

JDM:

AVS:

Looking at the two, the most notable difference is the shape of the rear visors. The curvature (or lack thereof) in the last picture is what I am talking about.

The material and manner in which it is attached also differ as others have stated before.

It really comes down to price. I've seen the AVS Visor warp quickly whereas mine took 5 years to start to show signs of wear...

Those were not the AVS Visors . . . They don't protrude much farther than the Lexus Visors and are very close to the same distance from the windows.

Even now that mine are beginning to fold in, they don't seem like they will touch the window.

Personally, I love mine. They're great when it rains and look good when it doesn't. Frankly, I think mine began to fold in because I drive with my windows down from time to time and the triple digit heat hasn't been too kind either. As stated before, it's price driven.

TL;DR : You either want to spend $ 400.00 on visors or not.
Wow really great and informative answer! Thank you !! Quick question for you, do you think visors would look good even though my front windows aren't tinted? I have a 5% tint on the back at the moment.
Old 09-04-15, 01:03 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow really great and informative answer! Thank you !! Quick question for you, do you think visors would look good even though my front windows aren't tinted? I have a 5% tint on the back at the moment.
My pleasure. This is one of those things where the owner should really think about what it is they're purchasing. The last thing I, or any of us, would want is you purchasing something you'd end up regretting because all I responded with is

I think visors look great - Period. I don't know how I feel about an external window mod over the offset tint. Personally, mine looks like the first photo - 35% on all windows except the windshield.

Here's a mock-up I was able to make without Photoshop . . . MS Paint FTW!

Old 09-04-15, 07:57 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Lol!!!

I think visors look great - Period. I don't know how I feel about an external window mod over the offset tint. Personally, mine looks like the first photo - 35% on all windows except the windshield.

Here's a mock-up I was able to make without Photoshop . . . MS Paint FTW!

[/QUOTE]

Not bad lol, I think I will go for them after all ^-^ I guess not everyone can afford to live DAT JDM LIFE Yo . I really appreciate the help once again, thanks!