Aftermarket Head Unit for my 06 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-16, 01:31 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evanshota
How are you going to make the climate control show on your display screen
The climate control will continue to be displayed on the factory LCD display that is just below the new headunit. There wouldn't be a way to integrate the climate controls into the interface / display of an aftermarket HU (at least, not yet).

Last edited by LeXmanG; 05-10-16 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 01:38 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
I purchased the beat sonic kit along with a pioneer 4200NEX. Cant wait to install these 2 and get started on my audio build.
Please let me know about the new thread you start and your experience with the interface. I haven't unboxed mine yet as I've been too busy chipping away at this part of the project first. Which steering wheel control are you going to use? I ended up getting PAC's SWI-RC

Last edited by LeXmanG; 05-10-16 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 06:47 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Dang hella cool. Im so jealous lol
Old 05-10-16, 08:03 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXmanG
Please let me know about the new thread you start and your experience with the interface. I haven't unboxed mine yet as I've been too busy chipping away at this part of the project first. Which steering wheel control are you going to use? I ended up getting PAC's SWI-RC
I complete my install with the beat sonic interface. Plug and play. I installed the Pioneer 4200NEX along with a steering wheel control and break bypass. Everything works flawlessly. ATM i'm using the 4200 with the stock amp and stock speakers, and I am very surprised of the improved SQ of the entire car. I think majority of people would be satisfied with just swapping out the head unit and adding a like a 10 in sub to fill in the bottom end. But big thanks to beat sonic for this kit.
Old 05-10-16, 10:44 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Phooj250
I messaged them about it and here are the links they sent me...

1. SLX-140L : 2006-2014 Lexus IS models without factory navigation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-slx-140l.html )

2. MVX-140L : 2006-2009 Lexus IS models with factory navigation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mvx-140l.html )

3. MVX-141L : 2010-2012 Lexus IS models with factory naviation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mvx-141l.html )
Is there anything like this for MT?
Old 05-10-16, 04:20 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

This is the exact steering wheel control I got, and don't forget the break bypass. It's only around $12 bux.
Here is a link to the one I got:
Amazon.com: MicroBypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: MicroBypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 05-10-16, 09:54 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

I'm surprised this works; especially when the notes specifically say: "NOT FOR USE WITH: Pioneer AVIC Navigation Models, or First Generation AppRadio (SPH-DA01 or SPH-DA01)"

Good to know.
Old 05-11-16, 06:15 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

I'm surprised this works; especially when the notes specifically say: "NOT FOR USE WITH: Pioneer AVIC Navigation Models, or First Generation AppRadio (SPH-DA01 or SPH-DA01)"

Good to know.
Actually, I forgot to mention that. I realized that after I purchased it, but it was shipped already and I installed it because returning it just for the $13 didn't really make sense. Thanks for pointing out that though.
Old 05-11-16, 11:53 AM
zcollier
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, this is an amazing project. I just joined the forum, and have really enjoyed catching up.

Thanks for all the great photos!
Old 05-11-16, 10:54 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by zcollier
Wow, this is an amazing project. I just joined the forum, and have really enjoyed catching up.

Thanks for all the great photos!
Thanks zcollier. I've got a friend who's employed as an engineer at for Solid Works and I'm thinking about approaching her to see if we can model this into a 3D printable file. Who knows, I may be able to print these for you guys soon...
Old 05-19-16, 02:23 AM
evanshota
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The climate control will continue to be displayed on the factory LCD display that is just below the new headunit. There wouldn't be a way to integrate the climate controls into the interface / display of an aftermarket HU (at least, not yet).

AHH! I see now. Sorry, I didn't see it earlier! So excited to see the finished product!!! I have been looking into doing something like this for long but didn't really know how
Old 05-20-16, 10:17 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

awesome thread.

not to hijack but I have a 2006 gs430 with nav and ML and I desperately want to replace the oem head unit with the same pioneer unit u installed (the 8100) but I can't find any shop that can figure out a way to have me retain the hvac controls (i'm in socal).

if anyone has any suggestions that could help me with this project I would be eternally grateful and depending on how much help was given would be glad to compensate the person for their time.

cheers.
Old 05-20-16, 11:26 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

One option is to take apart the radio. Take out the HVAC board, tape it up, and stash it somewhere behind the newly install radio. This was the recommendation suggested to me prior to the Beat Sonic harness for my 2007 IS250.
Old 05-21-16, 12:38 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
One option is to take apart the radio. Take out the HVAC board, tape it up, and stash it somewhere behind the newly install radio. This was the recommendation suggested to me prior to the Beat Sonic harness for my 2007 IS250.
would the hvac info be displayed anywhere or would u just control it with the physical buttons and no visual info displayed anywhere (i'm fine with no visual info if that's the only option).

I'm not at all a DIY person so a job like this is way out of my league but if anyone has a shop in socal they could recommend or maybe someone like the OP that I could contact to see about helping me with this project I would be eternally grateful.

I love my car but the infotainment system is such a huge let down and if I found a way to incorporate one of these nifty new car play enabled head units I would be so stoked.
Old 05-26-16, 03:20 PM
LEX6IX
Rookie

Loving this thread...an aftermarket head unit in the upper area is gold. Great work so far !

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Head Unit for my 06 IS350