IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Head Unit for my 06 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 12:43 AM
Westsai
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw one but i think it was for a domestic car..
Old 01-12-16, 08:59 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by metaleckz
did you guys debut it?
We sure did

We are looking to ship next month

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 01-12-16, 02:03 PM
Phooj250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I messaged them about it and here are the links they sent me...

1. SLX-140L : 2006-2014 Lexus IS models without factory navigation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-slx-140l.html )

2. MVX-140L : 2006-2009 Lexus IS models with factory navigation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mvx-140l.html )

3. MVX-141L : 2010-2012 Lexus IS models with factory naviation. (please visit the following link to obtain more detail: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mvx-141l.html )
Old 01-26-16, 08:09 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

This is looking promising guys! It's really going to streamline this project (
). A bit on the pricy side; but if it works and the audio output is decent, this is a big win!
Old 01-27-16, 01:53 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXmanG
This is looking promising guys! It's really going to streamline this project (check it out). A bit on the pricy side; but if it works and the audio output is decent, this is a big win!
I still want it to be on the upper side and replace the whole thing since i dont have navi :/
Old 01-28-16, 04:32 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by metaleckz
I still want it to be on the upper side and replace the whole thing since i dont have navi :/
Yeah... I kinda feel that way too. I figured since the HU i purchased (AVIC 8100NEX) has 3 sets of pre-outs, I can easily connect aftermarket amps for an aftermarket setup. This way, I've got the flexibility of easily going back to a functional stock/OEM setup, should I decide to trade my car in for an F (then transfer my setup to the F )

Just an FYI; this interface also works with Non NAVI and non ML setups as well.
Old 01-30-16, 03:50 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So this is basically the wire harness and the two pieces that goes on the side of the center console correct? You will still have to fab a dash kit that will remove those lower 6 radio preset buttons? Am I correct or am I missing anything?
Either way, it's a great product. Just want to clarify.
Old 01-30-16, 10:18 PM
marcsis250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
So this is basically the wire harness and the two pieces that goes on the side of the center console correct? You will still have to fab a dash kit that will remove those lower 6 radio preset buttons? Am I correct or am I missing anything?
Either way, it's a great product. Just want to clarify.

no, you would remove the lower cd changer and use the stock brackets if Beat Sonic doesn't provide new ones for you. I personally used the stock brackets to install a double Din in that area.

the side trims that Beat Sonic provides will clean up the edges and make it flow back into the dash.

hope that helps!
Old 01-31-16, 12:59 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by marcsis250
no, you would remove the lower cd changer and use the stock brackets if Beat Sonic doesn't provide new ones for you. I personally used the stock brackets to install a double Din in that area.

the side trims that Beat Sonic provides will clean up the edges and make it flow back into the dash.

hope that helps!
Marcsis is correct; if you end up using this interface, you only need to fabricate a custom dash if you want the HU in the factory location. Personally, I'm not a big fan of having it located just above the shift console which is why i've gone this route.

My interface is pre-purchased and should be shipped at the end of February. I'll keep everyone posted on how it performs and functions.
Old 01-31-16, 01:02 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Quick pic of the rough draft (now that I have my HU). Next step is to skin the entire piece with carbon fiber and resin. Stay tuned, more to come shortly...

Old 02-17-16, 01:00 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

A few pics of the carbon fiber finishing progress. 3 coats of resin so far. Probably going to put on at least 3 more before I start the sanding and finishing process. Not as easy as it looks... trust me; but worth it in the end IMHO. The mirage blue woven strands look awesome... pics don't do it justice! Had an extra F Sport emblem left over from my caliper painting project, so I decided to use it. I have quite a bit of CF fabric left over, so I may do my paddle shifters and some of the other trim pieces and headlight shrouds when this project is completed

Old 04-12-16, 05:03 AM
evanshota
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you going to make the climate control show on your display screen
Old 04-13-16, 08:29 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the beat sonic kit along with a pioneer 4200NEX. Cant wait to install these 2 and get started on my audio build.
Old 04-24-16, 03:09 AM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
I purchased the beat sonic kit along with a pioneer 4200NEX. Cant wait to install these 2 and get started on my audio build.
Make sure to start a thread so everyone can see the upgrade!! Definitely on my list of things to do when I get my car back.
Old 05-10-16, 01:29 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Hey guys. Sorry for the long delay between posts. This project is progressing, I've just been really busy with life, wife, kids, work... you know the story. Anyways, on with the project updates

Since the last post, I've completed the back plate for the console piece and developed a method by which to fasten it securely together:

I've completed the fabrication of the circuit boards for the temp switches and soldiered connectors to the main board and the temp buttons so they can easily be connected and disconnected if need be:

Last (and by far the most time consuming part), completed all of the finishing sanding to ensure all of the buttons properly function and travel the correct distance:

And now... a quick teaser of what it will look like all put together. This is the first time I've fired up the 8100NEX to test the motorized faceplate's range of motion and ensure free / unrestricted movement. End result... SUCCESS!:

From here, I need to find time to take my factory setup out of the vehicle so I can fabricate the support mounting brackets that connect to the dash from behind. Hope to have this all wrapped up in the coming month. Stay tuned and I will try to post more often going forward!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Head Unit for my 06 IS350