New Lexus Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 06:31 PM
sethlamb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lexus Owner

Hello Everyone,

Just introducing myself. I recently purchased my first Lexus. Flew from Philly to Kentucky and drove the car back. Picked up a 2006 IS 350 with 68k miles, fully loaded with the ML stereo. What a beast these cars are on the highway. I can't get over how good they handle the road for being 9 years old. If anyone has any good tips are tricks for this car, please send them my way.

Had a question....are the tires usually noisy on these cars? I am coming from a 2013 G37x that I was leasing and this car definitely had much more road noise coming from the tires. I think the tires might have some flat spots, not really sure. Oh, its got the 18 inch wheels also.

Thanks,

Seth
Old 07-24-15, 09:26 PM
awnold
Driver School Candidate

Picked up a 2006 IS 350 with 68k miles, fully loaded with the ML stereo. What a beast these cars are on the highway. I can't get over how good they handle the road for being 9 years old
picked up the same car last month, sport package, fully loaded as well... The thing is a beast like you said, completely stable, 0-60 in like 4.9.. luxury everywhere.. every time I get in it, I get impressed. Drove an is 250 2015, as a loaner from lexus yesterday.. not impressed compared to my 9 year old car... was very happy to be back in the 2006 is 350 when I got it back...

im sure you know but if it has been serviced at lexus the whole report is available to view.. my car had 13 pages of info on it, the guy pampered it under an extended warranty

road noise is not an issue, seems smooth sailing
Old 07-24-15, 09:33 PM
Den350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats bro...have an 09 350 myself...Love it on all levels except tunability. ...but pretty good stock. As far as road noise have no complaints even on 19s with lower profile tires.....get some BC coils after new rubber, can't say enough about the ride quality with these considering the ride height.

Old 07-25-15, 07:11 AM
sethlamb
Driver School Candidate

How do you know your 06 has a sport package? I read somewhere they all came that way.

Yea, the road noise is crazy. I called Michelin tires and they are going to try and help me with a discount to replace them. Other than that, the car is great.

Can anyone recommend which iPod adaptor to use on these cars? I have looked at a few different set ups and not sure which one is best.
Old 07-25-15, 08:01 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sethlamb
How do you know your 06 has a sport package? I read somewhere they all came that way.

Yea, the road noise is crazy. I called Michelin tires and they are going to try and help me with a discount to replace them. Other than that, the car is great.

Can anyone recommend which iPod adaptor to use on these cars? I have looked at a few different set ups and not sure which one is best.
Do you have silver interior trim panels instead of wood and do you have the sport rims? If so you have the sport package.
Old 07-25-15, 09:27 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdream
Do you have silver interior trim panels instead of wood and do you have the sport rims? If so you have the sport package.
Not correct. A totally stripped car with upgraded rims (which were a stand-alone option) would meet your definition, but certainly not have the sport package, which includes such goodies as HID lights, sport pedals, aluminum scuff plates and more.

Easiest way to tell if you have the sports package is if you have the memory seats but not the woodgrain trim.
Old 07-25-15, 02:49 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by sethlamb
Had a question....are the tires usually noisy on these cars? I am coming from a 2013 G37x that I was leasing and this car definitely had much more road noise coming from the tires. I think the tires might have some flat spots, not really sure. Oh, its got the 18 inch wheels also.
The road/tire noise seems to have more to do with the tires than the car. I noticed my car become quieter after changing out my old tires. Also, some tires are quieter -- there are a couple of threads trying to figure out which one is the most quiet.
Old 07-25-15, 04:15 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
The road/tire noise seems to have more to do with the tires than the car. I noticed my car become quieter after changing out my old tires. Also, some tires are quieter -- there are a couple of threads trying to figure out which one is the most quiet.
Absolutely true, and some tires are much noisier later in life than they are when new. I've been fortunate that most of the tires that I've had on my IS, e.g., Hankook Ventus V12, Continental DWS, have been quiet.
Old 07-25-15, 07:47 PM
sethlamb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
Absolutely true, and some tires are much noisier later in life than they are when new. I've been fortunate that most of the tires that I've had on my IS, e.g., Hankook Ventus V12, Continental DWS, have been quiet.
Which tires did you feel were the quietest?
Old 07-26-15, 01:06 AM
awnold
Driver School Candidate

Not correct. A totally stripped car with upgraded rims (which were a stand-alone option) would meet your definition, but certainly not have the sport package, which includes such goodies as HID lights, sport pedals, aluminum scuff plates and more.

sport package!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-package.html

also if your looking for a bluetooth iphone / android solution:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...oth-audio.html

Last edited by awnold; 07-26-15 at 01:19 AM.