IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Went from stock 2 months ago and i have done alot! (ithink)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-15, 02:22 PM
SebaPR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Primid
I like your advise man. Your a real one! How much is that brake upgrade? Also the diffuser is called S4Play SHARKFIN diffuser. Something like that. I want to go for the new eBay headlights that are blacked out because I feel that the used headlights are overpriced.
the diffuser you got is the carbon fiber one or plastic? in ebay i found they only have the carbon now for the lex is but they have plastic for camry wonder if its about the same.

the is350 calipers can be found cheap online and prob at scrap yards could find a set for $100 +/- each. rotors are found at just about any toyota parts store. paint them any color you like, also you need to bend the dust cover behind brake disc since the larger is350 rotors wont fit. you can also get the 350 dust covers they aren't expensive and everything bolts right up easy. search the forum there are plenty good diy on this but you can also take everything to any mechanic and he will do it and bleed your brakes if you dont know how to. I did only front callipers for now since thats where it matters but might do rears later just for looks and to say i have all 4 ventilated rotors but performance would prob be about the same.

if you have oem xenon afs lights you will loose this functionality i wouldnt do ebay lights unless you have regular non xenon lapms. I got mine opened up and painted black did fogs too looks mean and i get to keep my quality lighting. i like the led drls but not crazy about them again my personal preference.

Old 09-01-15, 04:21 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Update: pics coming. I recieved my bc coilovers and have a 2" drop that's ****ing slammed status! I also bought a lipkit from a guy for 500, there contour or something like that. Hope he didn't rip me off. Lol. Well I'm gonna spray paint those top.(im poor) haha.
you're doing some decent progress on your car. FYI that's not slammed status but at least you have coils now.
Old 09-02-15, 08:35 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
you're doing some decent progress on your car. FYI that's not slammed status but at least you have coils now.
Haha. I thought of editing that slammed part. I got a little hyped up. And thanks. I'm so glad to be on could now. Now my biggest decision is to either get Vossen wheels or White Work Emotion wheels.
Old 09-02-15, 08:39 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by SebaPR
the diffuser you got is the carbon fiber one or plastic? in ebay i found they only have the carbon now for the lex is but they have plastic for camry wonder if its about the same.

the is350 calipers can be found cheap online and prob at scrap yards could find a set for $100 +/- each. rotors are found at just about any toyota parts store. paint them any color you like, also you need to bend the dust cover behind brake disc since the larger is350 rotors wont fit. you can also get the 350 dust covers they aren't expensive and everything bolts right up easy. search the forum there are plenty good diy on this but you can also take everything to any mechanic and he will do it and bleed your brakes if you dont know how to. I did only front callipers for now since thats where it matters but might do rears later just for looks and to say i have all 4 ventilated rotors but performance would prob be about the same.

if you have oem xenon afs lights you will loose this functionality i wouldnt do ebay lights unless you have regular non xenon lapms. I got mine opened up and painted black did fogs too looks mean and i get to keep my quality lighting. i like the led drls but not crazy about them again my personal preference.

I found the fin on Craigslist in the San jose area. He also ships. It was like 150 when I picked it up. And thx. I'm going to be looking into the calipers. Also, the headlights are the ones @whitebeast has and they look alright for 400. It's just too much to buy 2k headlights. But I need new ones because one has a hole and it gets fogged up. So I really need headlights. Lol
Old 09-02-15, 08:59 PM
SebaPR
Driver

I found the fin on Craigslist in the San jose area. He also ships. It was like 150 when I picked it up. And thx. I'm going to be looking into the calipers. Also, the headlights are the ones @whitebeast has and they look alright for 400. It's just too much to buy 2k headlights. But I need new ones because one has a hole and it gets fogged up. So I really need headlights. Lol
your welcome if one headlight was broken then you needed to buy em anyway and its a cheaper solution so whatevs lol. Thanks for the info but i found a local guy who fabricates custom pvc splitters and diffusers at an unbeatable price and with warranty so you will prob see a thread when i get the work done

post up pics of your progress bro!
Old 09-02-15, 10:22 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Haha. I thought of editing that slammed part. I got a little hyped up. And thanks. I'm so glad to be on could now. Now my biggest decision is to either get Vossen wheels or White Work Emotion wheels.
Lol that's really a decision?
Work or just about anything > Vossen
Old 09-03-15, 04:55 AM
stewb10
Driver

Please, for the love of cars as a whole, never put vossens in the same category as Work, or any other real wheel, again. Vossen is the new Rota.
Old 09-03-15, 05:36 AM
noudles
Driver School Candidate

so far it looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the rims either though. haha but as long as u like it, thats all that matters. keep it up man!
Old 09-03-15, 06:59 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stewb10
Please, for the love of cars as a whole, never put vossens in the same category as Work, or any other real wheel, again. Vossen is the new Rota.
Before anyone with vossens takes offense, Stew has had a set of both vossen and work. And Lol at everyone that calls wheels "rims"
Old 09-08-15, 11:16 AM
pandes
Driver

Guess im going with work emotions. HAHA.
UPDATE: i got the headlights and taillights installed. gotta say they look awesome. dont look cheap at all. Heres a pic of my Coil over drop. ill post pics of the Taillights and Headlights soon.

Old 09-08-15, 12:48 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

U gonna do the two peice or one peice work emotions?
Old 09-08-15, 05:29 PM
ISland350
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
gotta luv those CR2P
Old 09-09-15, 09:08 PM
pandes
Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Gotta love those Cr 2p in white.
Old 09-09-15, 09:40 PM
pandes
Driver

Or should I go 1 peice?

This is a hard decision. Haven't seen an is with white work emotion 2 price or 1peice.
Old 09-09-15, 09:55 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

2 peice no doubt but I've never been a fan of white wheels. Gives a cheap and rice look but ehhh that's just me. Black, USB &MRM pulls it off though

Quick Reply: Went from stock 2 months ago and i have done alot! (ithink)