IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nigel-JDMparts tail lights have arrived

Old 05-28-15, 01:19 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Nigel-JDMparts tail lights have arrived

They finally came in today. I want to first say thank you to the vendor for responding to all of my questions before and after the purchase. It took about 5 1/2 weeks total from the date of purchase but I am glad I went with this set. Honestly it was hard to wait that long after seeing the other sets pop up installed already but i'm very pleased with the quality of these so far.

Attached are pictures that I took just now. Unfortunately I prob wont get around to installing these right away with all the graduation parties and family functions going on this time of year. Anyways... all we care about are the photos so here they go for now

Plug and play no resistors needed so install time should be slightly quicker than the other sets. I do have a question for those that went with the Spec-D version... have you noticed if those resistor boxes get hot? On the 2nd Gen GS the resistor boxes would get hot enough to burn the carpet lining in the trunk.

******** SIDE NOTE ******* Nigel-JDMparts also has the Kazz grill with emblem holder for $199 in stock!!!

These were $480 shipped

The mark at the top of this one is just a reflection from the office lights

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 05-31-15 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-28-15, 01:28 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice. Can't wait to see how they look after installation.
Old 05-28-15, 01:58 PM
Alexand3rr
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Post pics of it once you install them in your car!!
Old 05-28-15, 02:09 PM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks real nice. Can't wait to see them on.
Old 05-28-15, 03:25 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Thanks ... pretty pumped about them. I just went back to his site to make sure I note the specific set these are. The ones I purchased are his " Style A". The style B are the same but the red is much darker.
Old 05-28-15, 03:40 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will these work for 2009+?
Old 05-28-15, 06:12 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

They look amazing!

Almost dropped money on the Spec-D pair. No way I could commit until I had seen both Nigel's and the Spec-D's fitted. I'll be patiently waiting for you to fit these now
Old 05-28-15, 06:38 PM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the post with the pictures of the lights. They look pretty good!
Old 05-28-15, 06:59 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty fresh!
Old 05-28-15, 07:24 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Liking these a lot more than the Spec-D lights, can't wait to see these installed and in action.
Old 05-28-15, 09:40 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

can't wait to see installed
Old 05-29-15, 12:07 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Lol so much for not getting them installed right away. Just finished but I had to message Nigel-jdmparts a question so they aren't 100% yet. On the inner light there is a small black/blue wire. On oem that is plugged right back into the housing... on there there is no where for it to go. I'm hoping it's a simple fix and I'm just to tired to realize it. This wire appears to be for the inner brake light (smaller three leds at the inner most narrow tip. These aren't lighting up at all.

I will update with what he says. No instructions but it's straight forward with the exception of this wire.

More shots tomorrow! Everything lines up perfect. The trunk lights have longer bolts so the black plastic covered screws will blow open as you tighten down but will not damage anything.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 05-29-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-29-15, 05:02 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Lol so much for not getting them installed right away. Just finished but I had to message Nigel-jdmparts a question so they aren't 100% yet. On the inner light there is a small black/blue wire. On oem that is plugged right back into the housing... on there there is no where for it to go. I'm hoping it's a simple fix and I'm just to tired to realize it. This wire appears to be for the inner brake light (smaller three leds at the inner most narrow tip. These are lighting up at all.

I will update with what he says. No instructions but it's straight forward with the exception of this wire.

More shots tomorrow! Everything lines up perfect. The trunk lights have longer bolts so the black plastic covered screws will blow open as you tighten down but will not damage anything.
Wow, that looks pretty good. As for the inner brake light that is on the trunk, that's probably the nighttime light like on the stock lights (when headlights are on). But when I compare that to the taillights on the 3IS, they don't exactly have that light there (from what I recall, I'll double check again and report back). The main brake lights are on the quarter panels and the third brake light behind the back glass.
Old 05-29-15, 06:15 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

^^^^^ yes thanks for that.

Here is how it looks... I honestly couldn't find anywhere for it so for now it is tucked away till I get more time to tinker with the car. I could tap the wires to see how it lights up... if they are for brakes I could run wires down the trunk arms to the outer tails and tap them. Curious to see what the vendor says before I go there.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 05-29-15 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-29-15, 06:17 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good take some daylight shots!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nigel-JDMparts tail lights have arrived