IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2011+ bumper conversion question

Old 05-27-15, 11:21 PM
Aversed
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2011+ bumper conversion question

I currently have a 2007 IS250, and I ran over something on the highway a few days back, and it completely destroyed my front bumper lip, passenger fog, front undercarriage, and my front passenger side fender-liner.

I have the complete OEM 2011+ bumper with grills and fogs ready to replace my damaged bumper, and I have a quick question. I've looked and searched around, but I couldn't quite find an answer to my question.

I wouldn't have to do any mods to the fenderliners, would I? I was thinking of just removing both driver and passenger side fenderliners, but I don't want that to have any effect on my install. My friend who I got the bumper from told me it should be just PnP, but I have to make sure before I drop it off at the body shop. Also, I don't need to buy another foam energy absorber, would I? I read that it can be installed without it, but I want to make absolutely certain.

Anyone who has done the conversion want to chime in? Please and thank you!
Old 05-29-15, 04:39 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aversed
I currently have a 2007 IS250, and I ran over something on the highway a few days back, and it completely destroyed my front bumper lip, passenger fog, front undercarriage, and my front passenger side fender-liner.

I have the complete OEM 2011+ bumper with grills and fogs ready to replace my damaged bumper, and I have a quick question. I've looked and searched around, but I couldn't quite find an answer to my question.

I wouldn't have to do any mods to the fenderliners, would I? I was thinking of just removing both driver and passenger side fenderliners, but I don't want that to have any effect on my install. My friend who I got the bumper from told me it should be just PnP, but I have to make sure before I drop it off at the body shop. Also, I don't need to buy another foam energy absorber, would I? I read that it can be installed without it, but I want to make absolutely certain.

Anyone who has done the conversion want to chime in? Please and thank you!
Dude, I literally buttoned up my front-end conversion last night. I have a 2006, and like you, I ran over something a few months ago.

Directly to your question - the fender liners have different locations (in spots) for the body screws, so it's not going to be 100% "lined up." You can improvise though. The main tabs on the very end of each side of the bumper (that wrap around the headlight and go under the L/R front fenders) matches up roughly, so that's a good anchor spot. A few of the front undertray line up as well, so you should be able to secure the bumper.

I ditched my foam energy absorber a while back, but that's because I'm running a train horn kit, lol.

A body shop will be able to handle this easily. Hope that helps.