IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Deep review on ebay Headlight - New Version

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 10:45 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Deep review on ebay Headlight - New Version

Please NOTE: If you have HID AFS headlight, this LED HEADLIGHT still work fine and fully functional except AFS (2011+ OEM headlight won't have AFS as well)

Hi fellow,
some of you debating about how ebay headlight (new Version) perform and look. Here is my review about this headlight and will answer to all of your question you may have to my best knowledge about it.
Please NOTE that i did this review to help out other members to clear out all the confuse they may have. I have no profit for this review so please take it easy on me!!!!
Sorry for my bad English!!!

1. The design of the New Ebay Headlight is very identical to OEM Headlight. Black housing and cleaner LED make it really stand out

Front design of the new ebay LED Headlight (No goldfish eye)

overall back design of the headlight

Lighting leveling adjustment and High - low cover door secured by 6 screws (air sealed)

Gourmet has been glued to cover and has re-hole for wires passing through -Good for HID conversion (detail will be post later when i got my car back)

This is LED driver

This is error corrector to prevent signal hyper flash

Here is close up of projector housing

2. Fitment
The fitment is perfect and it's totally plug and play. I did installation for lot of ebay headlight (for other car like Accord, Camry, Civic,...etc) and most of them have fitment issue but not for our IS.

Perfect fitment on passenger side

as well as driver side

3. LED
The LEDs on this design headlight is bright and visible but not bright as OEM. I would like to say it's about 8/10 of OEM LED. Take a good look at it
There is no blueish on those LED. It's white just like OEM

4. Projector CUTOFF
I was so sorry for not able to provide picture (FOR NOW) for this section cause my car was in for service. I will Take picture of it later.

Cutoff light on this design projector is way better and sharper the OEM (2006 HID AFS)
Low beam is H7 and High beam is H1. They come with SYLVANIA BULBS

Here is some photo i took for review including some distance shot of LED visible.

Daylight LED visible

take it at 5:00 summer saving time

little show off of demon eye, will be off when low beam is in use

distance shoot

7:00 pm shoot

close up shoot at 7:00 pm

Overall,
The design and perform of this headlight is more than what i'm expected. The LED is visibility in daytime and very good at nighttime event with low beam on. However, The LED is not work at DRL like OEM but you could always re-wire it to work with DRL (Very easy to do)
With this design you easily retrofit or custom it to the way you like (ex: i did demon eye and HID conversion) without worry of moisture issue. The clear lenses projector provided great output with nice and sharp cutoff is very please me.
*** For those of you (like me) have AFS HID headlight, You will lose AFS function when you upgrade to LED headlight (OEM or this headlight). Except the AFS, EVERYTHING else work perfectly!!!!

This is a great upgrade to your car for under $400 especially for someone has damaged, old, yellowish headlight or low budget or didn't want to spend $2000 (which is 10% on my case) for just the headlight.

Special thanks to VIPMOTOZ for providing me all info i need for this review and excellent customer services. I would like to recommend this seller to all of you if you want to buy a set of this headlight or something to your car. They have great profile (100% feedback could prove how they take care of customer and how good their product compare to the other)

Please let know know if you have any question or any curious you may have. I will try my best to provide you all info (if i know) and willing to take more picture as your request.

Please forgive me for my bad English and grammar!!! It's my second language!!!!

Last edited by whitebeast; 05-23-15 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JosephR (11-20-23)
Old 05-22-15, 10:52 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I'm not a professional photographer so please take it easy on my photograph skill!!!
I will update this thread about retrofit and customize it to the way you want later.

For better pricing, i recommend you contact them directly via toll free at 1-844-884-7847

Last edited by whitebeast; 05-22-15 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-22-15, 11:49 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Good write up!

Looking forward to some pictures of the cut-off line with the HID kit. So the cut-off and output is better than the stock HID? This is one thing that has put me off buying these headlights so far.. Halogen projectors tend to perform poorly with HID kits in my opinion.

Also, I assume you no longer have the auto levelling system? (up and down). Don't really care about AFS as it would be lost with the 2011+ upgrade anyway.
Old 05-23-15, 12:01 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Yes, losing AFS IS big degrade but not a big deal for me. I like this design cause it's look great on the car and preform really good. I will take picture of cutoff light and output when i have my car back. Will update later for more comparison and more detail on retrofit to Aftermarket hid KID.
Old 05-23-15, 12:05 AM
SGMISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big thanks for the detailed pictures and review.
Old 05-23-15, 12:10 AM
rupavi
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed write-up and images.

Excuse, my lack of knowledge in the area, but would this work with the stock HID w/afs headlights. I know i will lose the afs function and have no issues with that, but i contacted VIPmotorz on ebay and they said it will only function with people with the halogen system.
Old 05-23-15, 01:26 AM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rupavi
Hi,

Excuse, my lack of knowledge in the area, but would this work with the stock HID w/afs headlights. I know i will lose the afs function and have no issues with that, but i contacted VIPmotorz on ebay and they said it will only function with people with the halogen system.
You won't be able to use the stock HID system. You would need to purchase a compatible HID kit to convert the headlights from halogen to HID.

Can't remember which forum I read it on, but apparently the reason they state 'Halogen only' is due to legal reasons in some countries where HID retrofits are illegal.
Old 05-23-15, 01:58 AM
kingbillyd
Driver School Candidate

will it have any issue with xenon headlights?
Old 05-23-15, 04:54 AM
jediroger
Rookie

Wow. Thanks for all the review and all the pictures. I currently have the OEM HID w/ AFS setup and I'm trying to figure out what HID kit to get. Any recommendations on brand? I'm looking for plug and play set up. Still not sure if I should go 4300k or 5000k.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-15, 06:00 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rupavi
Hi,

My car has HID and AFS headlight. It will work with AFS HID set up car but you will lost that function. Everything else is work perfectly fine!
Old 05-23-15, 06:41 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I am happy with my morimoto HID KIT
Old 05-23-15, 07:11 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes thank you for this review. I am one of those who are very reluctant to buy ebay headlights due to prior let downs and reading other's. One thing I would like to see when u get the car back is that cutoff against a wall. Good job on this review it will certainly help others make the decision... even though I don't plan on purchasing I can agree that this is a great option for those that want to change from stock without taking a deep hit in the pocket. Which makes it a great platform to retrofit higher quality components like you plan on doing.

Love those fog lights too.
Old 05-23-15, 08:44 AM
jblanco222
Driver School Candidate

I'm very impressed for the price. could you specify a little more on the LEDs not being DRLs? when do they actually turn on if not drl?
Old 05-23-15, 09:23 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

They come with projectors?

Does it throw any error code since the headlight is not compatible with AFS?

Originally Posted by jblanco222
I'm very impressed for the price. could you specify a little more on the LEDs not being DRLs? when do they actually turn on if not drl?
I believe they turn on by being switched to the city light function.
Old 05-23-15, 09:52 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I recommend coating the headlight with UV protection of some sort. I have noticed that eBay headlights do not have the quality UV coating that OEM headlights do and they haze over rather quickly. Take preemptive actions to prevent this.

Quick Reply: Deep review on ebay Headlight - New Version