IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS250 is making me nauseous. Help!

Old 05-06-15, 07:04 AM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well automatics when in drive will roll forward when your foot is off the brake, so it's just one of those things your car being in drive is fighting against you being on the brake.

It shouldn't be rattling and doing anything like that to the extent that yours is, but if you know you're going to be at a stop for an extended period of time, drop the car into neutral and then into drive when you're actually ready to accelerate and drive off to avoid the rough vibration in the cabin at a stop.

I wonder if your car has a faster speed in which the car rolls when in drive as opposed to other is's. So maybe it's fighting against the brake a lot more than other is's would be?

Maybe I'm completely wrong on this base but still, the brake does stop the car from wanting to move forward when in drive so maybe the drive train isn't liking it and transfers its struggle and inability to roll/move into the chassis.
Old 05-06-15, 07:38 AM
catsnmusic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not an issue of the car lurching forward. It's vibration throughout the cabin. But thanks for trying to help!
Old 05-08-15, 09:43 AM
catsnmusic
Driver School Candidate

Update:
Disappointed. The Lexus case manager assigned to my car vibrating like crazy said that because I did not buy my IS through Lexus, but at a 3rd party dealership, they will not help me with getting to the bottom of the vibration. She said "we have no idea how the car was maintained before it was sold to you through the dealership you got it from, and if you had bought it at as CPO through Lexus, we'd stand behind it".
End of story. No help for me. I'm selling this car.
Old 05-08-15, 10:09 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by catsnmusic
Update:
Disappointed. The Lexus case manager assigned to my car vibrating like crazy said that because I did not buy my IS through Lexus, but at a 3rd party dealership, they will not help me with getting to the bottom of the vibration. She said "we have no idea how the car was maintained before it was sold to you through the dealership you got it from, and if you had bought it at as CPO through Lexus, we'd stand behind it".
End of story. No help for me. I'm selling this car.
I'm confused. Didn't you say your car was still under the factory warranty? If so, was the case manager you spoke to aware of that fact? Why would you need a CPO warranty when the factory one is still in effect?
Old 05-08-15, 12:01 PM
catsnmusic
Driver School Candidate

She knows my car is still under factory warranty. She said if the car was sold through a Lexus dealership CPO it would have been thoroughly gone over to Lexus specifications and not be allowed to be sold if they felt there was an issue with it. She said that since I was told by Herb Chambers Lexus twice that "this is how they run, it's normal" she said it's likely that there is nothing wrong with the car but I am welcomed to take it to another Lexus dealer for a second opinion but "at this time" they are not putting anymore help into the case for me. Separately, my driver side mirror has always intermittently mis-adjusts up to the sky after I return from being in reverse. She said because they cannot duplicate it in the dealership, they can't help with that one, either.
Old 05-08-15, 02:53 PM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. Sucks you're being left high and dry, but you should keep trying to escalate it. Show your displeasure and the heartache you're being put through.

As far as they know you could be a few months pregnant, and this is your only means of transportation, you've put all of your resources into it, and can't afford to take a loss or purchase another car, so if you miscarry or your baby is born with any type of mental disabilities you'll have reason to believe it was caused by the violent shaking and rattling that your car put you through on an everyday basis, and you'd have a reasonable claim to sue because they refused to help or even take a look at it when it was still under factory warranty.

Women who are pregnant get preferential treatment (as well they should.) You'd get more sympathy and corporate may not even want to risk that type of a PR nightmare and get you squared away. Not saying that's what you should do, but you could get pregnant at any time, then that becomes a very real possibility. They're not just going to give you the cold shoulder to that.

Sometimes you can't take no for an answer, it's the little guys job to tell people there's nothing they can do so most people throw their hands up and just give up. You have to play hardball and demand answers and to speak to managers, general managers, regional managers until one of the shot callers hears about it and tells their dealership to go ahead and take care of it and they'll write it off. Atleast while your factory warranty is still valid.
Old 05-09-15, 10:28 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

She knows my car is still under factory warranty. She said if the car was sold through a Lexus dealership CPO it would have been thoroughly gone over to Lexus specifications and not be allowed to be sold if they felt there was an issue with it. She said that since I was told by Herb Chambers Lexus twice that "this is how they run, it's normal" she said it's likely that there is nothing wrong with the car but I am welcomed to take it to another Lexus dealer for a second opinion but "at this time" they are not putting anymore help into the case for me. Separately, my driver side mirror has always intermittently mis-adjusts up to the sky after I return from being in reverse. She said because they cannot duplicate it in the dealership, they can't help with that one, either.
I found it confusing that Lexus will say it's a CPO issue since the car is under warranty. I have heard Lexus dealerships CPO cars worst than vibrating more than normal. If the RPM is at 500, the car would vibrate (mine would do that rarely). So if it's at 500RPM I would say it's idling too low. I would take it to another dealership and have them diagnose it since it's under warranty, if they can't fix it, sell the car.
Old 09-20-16, 03:39 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Kyng:
I did try a full tank of 91 octane gas and it didn't change the situation. Thanks for trying!

you need roughly 5 full tanks for a difference. 1 tank definitely doesnt do much for your car.