Recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 03:17 PM
sparta3993
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recalls?

I have a 2006 is250 RWD Sport 39,xxx miles

From the united states. Now resides in Canada where it will go in and get its recalls done soon.

1) Does it matter whether I take it to Toyota or Lexus to get the work done?
2) I looked up the recalls necessary for my VIN but Im curious is there other ones?
3) Is there any other recalls like the carbon build up? and If so is it free and how do I go about getting that?
4) Car has a cold air intake is that okay? or will it void anything. and no its not the F SPORT intake.
5) Is there any other recalls that I should be concerned about?

cheers guys,

Happy easter to all. I love this forum haven't had a bad experience because you monkeys are the best type of people. Helpful
Old 04-02-15, 04:01 PM
hirsch2is
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only lexus can perform lexus recalls and only Toyota can perform toyota recalls. At least in the US that is the case. If you go to the dealership when they check national history report it will show any unperformed recalls. I've heard of some american recalls not applying to a car driven in Canada but I am probably mistaken on that. An intake will not void any warranty if it is a brand name. If it's something you pieced together it might. All recalls are required to be free of charge to customers. Just go to your lexus dealer tell them to perform any recalls needed. Some recalls will apply to certain cars and some won't even if they are same model and year. I'm a tech at a Toyota dealership so this is all legit info. Anymore questions just ask

Last edited by hirsch2is; 04-02-15 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-10-15, 11:16 AM
sparta3993
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hirsch2is
Only lexus can perform lexus recalls and only Toyota can perform toyota recalls. At least in the US that is the case. If you go to the dealership when they check national history report it will show any unperformed recalls. I've heard of some american recalls not applying to a car driven in Canada but I am probably mistaken on that. An intake will not void any warranty if it is a brand name. If it's something you pieced together it might. All recalls are required to be free of charge to customers. Just go to your lexus dealer tell them to perform any recalls needed. Some recalls will apply to certain cars and some won't even if they are same model and year. I'm a tech at a Toyota dealership so this is all legit info. Anymore questions just ask

Took my car to Lexus, they didn't do anything to my car, said it needed all the campaigns but didn't order the parts like we spoke on the phone. Didn't even inspect my car. I assumed like most other dealers once your car has any from of service done they do a complementary inspection.

Will be calling Lexus Canada What do you think Hirsch?
Old 04-10-15, 11:27 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sparta3993
Took my car to Lexus, they didn't do anything to my car, said it needed all the campaigns but didn't order the parts like we spoke on the phone. Didn't even inspect my car. I assumed like most other dealers once your car has any from of service done they do a complementary inspection.

Will be calling Lexus Canada What do you think Hirsch?
I have read online somewhere that recalls are only good for 7 or 8 years after production of the vehicle. Is this true? I have a 07 IS250 and I assumed based on that I wouldnt be qualified for any recalls.
Old 04-10-15, 11:32 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Zynthe
I have read online somewhere that recalls are only good for 7 or 8 years after production of the vehicle. Is this true? I have a 07 IS250 and I assumed based on that I wouldnt be qualified for any recalls.
No, they're good for the life of the car (if they're still in service AND the VIN falls in the campaign). I just got yet another recall notice on my '06 IS 350.
Old 04-14-15, 10:13 AM
et250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparta3993
I have a 2006 is250 RWD Sport 39,xxx miles

From the united states. Now resides in Canada where it will go in and get its recalls done soon.

1) Does it matter whether I take it to Toyota or Lexus to get the work done?
2) I looked up the recalls necessary for my VIN but Im curious is there other ones?
3) Is there any other recalls like the carbon build up? and If so is it free and how do I go about getting that?
4) Car has a cold air intake is that okay? or will it void anything. and no its not the F SPORT intake.
5) Is there any other recalls that I should be concerned about?

cheers guys,

Happy easter to all. I love this forum haven't had a bad experience because you monkeys are the best type of people. Helpful

i have the same situation. Lexus canada wont be able to do the recalls. I have to drive across the border to the nearest lexus dealer to do them
Old 04-14-15, 03:07 PM
hirsch2is
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would talk to the service manager at the dealership first to see what's going on and if they don't do anything with your car then I would contact lexus. I couldn't imagine the transportation safety standards being that drastically different in Canada from the United states that they wouldn't perform ANY of them. The only other thing I could think of that would cause them to hold off is if the car isn't registered in Canada yet