IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Newbie here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 06:42 PM
Den350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie here...

Picking up my 2010 IS350 next week and just wanted any opions and thoughts you guys might have on best parts and extras available.. She will be stock for hopefully no more than a week. First thing being coilovers and rims/rubber. 2nd exhaust..3rd brakes and possibly chip and intake, not sure about the last and how they affect her.....nice skirt kit for sure but something clean as opposed to loud and aggressive......any opinions would really be appreciated guys and links to sites and such or direct parts....had a family gx470 but this is my toy to be for now and really want to put some effort into this one..lol..thank you in advance for your help guys.
Old 03-09-15, 12:08 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats on picking up your is350! If you choose tires, go with michelin pilot super sport. They are by far the best street tires i've ever driven on my previous is350.
Old 03-09-15, 12:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 669 Likes on 591 Posts

michelin PSS are great tires, and for exhaust I think you should list what you're looking for on loudness.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-09-15, 01:54 AM
Den350
Rookie

Appreciate the reply gentlemen. As far as loudness, something with a low tone...nothing obnoxious. .
Old 03-09-15, 06:46 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome, congrats on your purchase! If your looking for a low tone exhaust the majority consensus on this site is to go with the Tanabe Medallion exhaust. If you want something a bit louder but still clean you could go for the F-Sport exhaust system however it does cost roughly twice as much ($1286 off of Lpartsworld.Com after using discount code "CL5")

As far as power mods go on this car. The only Real thing you can do is buy a Joe Z intake pipe from Carson Toyota for a gain of roughly 4-5 hp, and buy an axle back exhaust for a gain of about 5-7 hp. If you want to go deeper and most likely not pass smog you can also buy headers from PPE for a good 10hp gain I belive. Aside from that there is nothing more that can be done on these vehicles. Also buying a chip is useless since no one in the past 10 years has ever been able to tune these vehicles.

Here is a link for a parts site (copy and paste in URL if it doesnt work):
www.lpartsworld.com

Also just a little FYI since your new, there used to be a really good site everyone on here used called Sewell that generally offered great prices on aftermarket parts and accessories including a great discount for Club Lexus members but it was taken down recently on March 01, due to Lexus wanting people to buy all their parts from their local dealers instead.

Either way Lpartsworld generally has good pricing I suppose and it's nice that they even offer a 10% discount to begin with, so be sure to use that when you shop for parts on their site.

As for the Joe Z intake pipe ( and yes I do mean just a pipe) you can call Carson Toyota (AKA L-Tuned Parts) for that, as they are the only dealer that offers that part to my knowledge. They have a site to (ltunedparts.com) but it's been down for a long time now and I'm not sure when their bringing it back up again. If you do decide to contact them their number is (310) 522-2383

Anyway that's all the advice I can give for now. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new car!!!

Last edited by Tro209; 03-09-15 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-09-15, 07:07 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I also forgot to mention that if you decide to buy some good tires but don't want pay the Premium that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports command , you should go with a set of Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions. They're rated very identically to the Super Sports but cost less ( in my case they were on sale) .
Old 03-09-15, 03:07 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Den350
Picking up my 2010 IS350 next week and just wanted any opions and thoughts you guys might have on best parts and extras available.. She will be stock for hopefully no more than a week. First thing being coilovers and rims/rubber. 2nd exhaust..3rd brakes and possibly chip and intake, not sure about the last and how they affect her.....nice skirt kit for sure but something clean as opposed to loud and aggressive......any opinions would really be appreciated guys and links to sites and such or direct parts....had a family gx470 but this is my toy to be for now and really want to put some effort into this one..lol..thank you in advance for your help guys.

Sent you a PM.....
Old 03-09-15, 07:53 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey and welcome!

For a nice growl, I went with one of, if not the loudest, Takeda intake for my is250. Ive had this for a year now and couldn't be more pleased.

PPE headers with their hi-flow cats are a good idea as well for that angry sound many of us look for, but not too obnoxious or raspy! I should be adding these to my build eventually.

Suspension wise, glad to see you're considering coilovers! I just got myself a set of BC's. Great thing about them, is you can get custom spring rates and they're very common on this forum.
Depending on how low you're planning on going: if you're looking to correct camber and toe / if you're looking for a stance look, look into camber arms or toe arms as well! I just went with FIGS mega arms for the rear to tuck, but I may get more parts in the future should I need them.

I won't be installing any of my new parts (including the coils and arms) until all the snow melts here, so for now, I just have a big pile of "stuff" sitting in my storage haha. But if you have any questions, this forum is a goldmine of answers, and of course, feel free to message me!

Happy Lexus'ing!
Old 03-09-15, 11:33 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats on the new ride. Here's some info I twllceceryone to read. Some is old info but you'll see photos and gain new info.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...iy-thread.html
Old 03-10-15, 07:42 PM
Den350
Rookie

Thank you guys so much for the replies and info....will look into everything and make some decisions, Thanks again.