IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 09:50 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
How bad were your panels? My dash is awful and waiting on the part. He, dealership, said my doors looked fine so what can I say to them to have them replaced?
My door panels were not that bad. But if the sun hits it for too longhouse can leave marks on it. My SA just filed for a replacement after I expressed my concern. U should walk in with the letter from Lexus and talks to the service manager:
Old 03-01-16, 10:35 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Called and asking about mine, again. Still waiting since the beginning of November now for the dash and front door panels.... Told I can expect a 6 month wait for the dash, getting frustrated since I didn't even wait this long to have my old Camrys dash done. Need to go in sometime this week and show them a copy of the letter so I can get them to order the rear door panels too.
Old 03-01-16, 03:11 PM
HybridHB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a call from lexus of orlando today saying my dash finally came in and scheduled an install date. No door panels came in though, Im assuming itll be a while for those.
Old 03-21-16, 07:24 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Got mine replaced today! Despite the slight gap issue around the NAV unit, its a good fit and it looks good after a bit of matte finish interior cleaner on it.
Old 03-21-16, 07:25 PM
organicali
Driver School Candidate

What is reasoning for the recall for the dash? And for the door panels?

My dash has a very very slight rattle, cosmetically I think it is fine.

The door panels' leather has had better days cosmetically, and the driver door panel rattles... Do you think I'll qualify?
Old 03-21-16, 07:57 PM
jadypham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are there any pics of the new dash?
Old 03-21-16, 10:03 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by organicali
What is reasoning for the recall for the dash? And for the door panels?

My dash has a very very slight rattle, cosmetically I think it is fine.

The door panels' leather has had better days cosmetically, and the driver door panel rattles... Do you think I'll qualify?
Melting/glare is the reasoning. Can glare bad enough from the glue coming through to make it almost impossible to see out of the car. Poor choice of materials from Toyota and the manufacturer of the dash and door panels. It's more common in hotter climates... If your dealer says you're eligible for it, go for it. For the door panels, supposedly nothing is reused except your switches and it's trim.

Originally Posted by jadypham
are there any pics of the new dash?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9388535
Old 03-22-16, 03:52 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

My dealer denied me. I called back and asked to speak to a manager so I guess I have to now go and meet with them to have them reinspect everything? I can't stand having to deal with hassles and run around's...if it's an ongoing and noted problem with these models then why do we need to go through this skeptic process. It will eventually need replacing down the line especially when the summer weather comes.. I'm pretty irate right about now with these service people and their antics.,.

They also called me and left me a message saying I was randomly selected to take an email survey for Lexus corporate? They said would like 10 star ratings & to let them know if anything wasn't 10 star to me... ha Well here's a start!

Last edited by mitsuboost; 03-22-16 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-22-16, 03:41 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Oh, by the way, the dealership does NOT consider this as a recall...it's a warranty enhancement. Found this out the hard way when I dropped mine off and I asked where I go for the loaner vehicle. They said, oh no, we don't give out loaner cars for these warranty enhancements. WTF!
Old 03-23-16, 06:51 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Wow
Old 03-23-16, 05:04 PM
PhAtXSuMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went in for a "Dashboard Inspection" August 2015, and my buddy of mine went 2 months after i did. He got his dashboard replaced yesterday... I was very confused on how "The List" works so I called and they said i was number 6 . I thought first come first serve was the thing. None the less the dash didn't bother me until i recieved the notice and now the glare is getting pretty bad on my windshield.
Old 03-23-16, 07:18 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2007 and I've been approved for the dash and door panels replacements. I've been waiting for more than a year. I too would like to know what is the process they use. Do they have a list that they go by? How do they determined the order of replacement?

I emailed lexus a few days ago, here is their reply:

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (David Rosen) 03/22/2016 10:50 AM
Dear ********************,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction.

Since the announcement of the Customer Support Program, we have been diligently making preparations for the parts replacement phase of this Program. To be transparent, there are approximately 1.3 million vehicles affected nationwide, and the production, distribution, and transportation of these repair parts as well as preparation of storage space at the dealership location will take time. Due to these logistical factors and high volume of affected customers, we are launching the part replacement portion of this Program in several phases. Despite our increased production levels of these parts, it is difficult to predict demand and where parts need to be shipped to support the program. For these reason, there still may be a period of time customers will need to wait before part replacement can be performed. We encourage you to contact your local dealership for additional information.

If you feel that the glare has caused an inconvenience, Lexus will pay for a dashboard cover to reduce glare. We would suggest purchasing a cover and then submitting for reimbursement.

- Proof of Ownership (copy of Title, Bill of Sale, Insurance Card, etc.)
- Proof of Payment (paper receipt, credit card/bank transaction statement, etc.)
- Repair Order Invoice, which includes a detailed diagnosis (condition, cause, remedy) statement

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

David Rosen
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Customer By Web Form (**************) 03/20/2016 07:35 PM
Hi

I received a notice from lexus about the panel repairs for my IS250 2007. I have contacted the Dealership at Lexus of Kendall on US 1 more than 10 times in the past year about the Manufacturer Defect letter I received regarding replacement of the door panels and dash board and always the response is "We are waiting for the parts" and that "we will call you when we receive the parts/panels."

Please help us get the repair ASAP as the car interior is now beginning to smell badly with a glare of the front windshield when driving due to the melted panels and dash board from the heat.

Thank you
cell:**********
Old 03-23-16, 09:18 PM
PhAtXSuMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SQLnovice
- Proof of Ownership (copy of Title, Bill of Sale, Insurance Card, etc.)
- Proof of Payment (paper receipt, credit card/bank transaction statement, etc.)
- Repair Order Invoice, which includes a detailed diagnosis (condition, cause, remedy) statement
your situation sounds more difficult then anyways i've heard about. Shouldn't they have had that information when you first got it inspected? I just gave them a call and asked what number am i on the list and they said 6 out of 126, and to give them a call in 3 weeks.
Old 03-23-16, 09:37 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Oh, by the way, the dealership does NOT consider this as a recall...it's a warranty enhancement. Found this out the hard way when I dropped mine off and I asked where I go for the loaner vehicle. They said, oh no, we don't give out loaner cars for these warranty enhancements. WTF!
I have an appointment this Sat to have mine installed AND they're giving me a loaner for 24hrs! Pleasanton CA is the only, so far, I trust. Will also take pics before and after.
Old 03-24-16, 07:51 AM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just called Lexus of Kendall, and of course I wasn't disappointed. I got the run around again. I was very polite when spoken to the receptionist. Every time I called, I'm always giving a story to to call back in a few weeks.
I called this morning and asked what number i'm at on the list. The service advisory took my name, phone # and vin#. Said that the updated list will arrive in 1 to 2 weeks and a service manager will contact me and let me know where i'm at on the list.
A little frustrated but my only option is at the mercy of Lexus.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!