IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-15, 05:35 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's weird, aren't the IS's in USA also imported from Japan? They also left their "country of origin" and we are covered for that problem.
Old 12-18-15, 09:42 PM
Steelo350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my07is350
That's weird, aren't the IS's in USA also imported from Japan? They also left their "country of origin" and we are covered for that problem.
I'm sure if my Lexus was NZ new and not imported to NZ 10 years after, there wouldn't be a problem.

The IS's in the States - are they USA new or brought into the country as a "used import"?
Old 12-19-15, 06:50 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

As far as I know, when we go and buy a brand new car at the dealership, it's a brand new car, there's no such thing as "used import". Maybe each country calls it differently?
Old 12-19-15, 01:22 PM
Steelo350
Driver School Candidate

As far as I know, when we go and buy a brand new car at the dealership, it's a brand new car, there's no such thing as "used import". Maybe each country calls it differently?
Nah, that's the same here in New Zealand. I was using the term "used import" to describe a car that had been imported to another country second hand. My car was not purchased new in New Zealand. I bought it off a dealer who imported it from japan this year with 55,000kms on it.
Old 12-19-15, 04:44 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Oh, really, here in the states when we buy a used car it's from here. Either some previous owner traded it in at the dealer or sold it online and I don't know of any dealer that imported used cars from Japan to sell them here. I might be wrong, there may be some special cases something like that may happen. Knowledgeable guys in this matter please chime in.
Old 12-19-15, 05:55 PM
Steelo350
Driver School Candidate

Oh, really, here in the states when we buy a used car it's from here. Either some previous owner traded it in at the dealer or sold it online and I don't know of any dealer that imported used cars from Japan to sell them here. I might be wrong, there may be some special cases something like that may happen. Knowledgeable guys in this matter please chime in.
The majority of the used car market here in NZ are pre owned imports from Japan. It's a great way for the dealers here to turn a profit as they can pick up the cars from Japan pretty cheap and it's easy and quick to import them into NZ.

Anyone able to shed any light on the replacement dash part number/s?
Old 12-22-15, 03:30 PM
LeXUsFeEVa
Rookie

Just got my new dash and door panels from Newport Lexus! CA residents if you haven't already done so bring your car down to the dealership and get it checked out. Even if you have a recall letter they won't give you a new dash unless it's been inspected and approved. I've been on the wait list since August of this year. I was lucky enough to be approved for new door panels as well.

From what I was told they have no ETA (door panels take longer to get than the dashboard) just get on the list and wait for a call. Christmas came early for my daily!

I hate recalls but have to admit this is definitely the best recall ever!
Old 12-30-15, 12:37 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Question: The upper part of my driver's door panel is starting to get chalky. By that I mean after a few days, there's a film on it that I can wipe off with my finger, and it will leave a clean mark where my finger was. Nothing is sticky or flaking... it just has this lighter colored film on it that appears a few days after wiping off the interior. Does any of this have to do with this recall? I'm already going in for the melting dash, but wondering if I can have this done too.
Thanks.
Old 01-01-16, 03:23 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Question: The upper part of my driver's door panel is starting to get chalky. By that I mean after a few days, there's a film on it that I can wipe off with my finger, and it will leave a clean mark where my finger was. Nothing is sticky or flaking... it just has this lighter colored film on it that appears a few days after wiping off the interior. Does any of this have to do with this recall? I'm already going in for the melting dash, but wondering if I can have this done too.
Thanks.
they will prob replace it as well. My door panels have gotten really sticky so i will be calling Lexus Corp to see where they are at as i have been waiting almost a year for new panels.
Old 01-04-16, 02:53 PM
sulten
Driver School Candidate

Took mine to the Lexus Service told them, Manager comes out looks. lady said he says yes they can be replaced. then she said we have a dash would you like to leave the car and take a complementary car and pick up tomorrow. I said yes so panels are on back order but dash in being replaced. same day i took the car in.
Old 01-05-16, 09:35 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

I need to have mine evaluated. Was waiting for the second letter but it doesn't seem like it will come. Hate dealing with Lexus Hawaii
Old 01-06-16, 08:06 AM
organicali
Driver School Candidate

Hmm, good thing I work 2min from the dealer. I will try to get them to replace mine soon =)
Old 01-11-16, 09:13 AM
navarachi
Driver

I was told end of summer for dash replacement since their so backed up
Old 01-11-16, 10:22 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Ive been waiting since June 2015. Followed up yesterday and was told lexu sis having trouble with raw materials to manufacture these door panels.
Old 01-11-16, 06:51 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

got my dash in about a month and half. Just picked it up after two days but it was dark. Everything seems ok with it.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!