IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-15, 07:21 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
Got the letter in the mail today, Im not exactly exhibiting melting or cracking but it is sticky. I tried to get my local dealer to replace but they said that being in the northeast, its not as hot and since the dash isn't cracked they wouldn't replace.

When you guys say the dash melted, what do you guys mean? Mine still retains its shape, its just sticky and soft. easily indents.

Should i try to fight for a new dash?

If it's sticky and soft, that's what I would consider "melted". Mine isn't cracked, but it is definitely sticky/soft and the glare it puts onto the windshield is absolutely horrible. My dealer approved of the replacement, should have it by the end of the month.

I'd fight it if it was mine.
Old 11-16-15, 08:01 PM
Drivers408
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Icy350
Should i try to fight for a new dash?
My dash is not even bad as far as looks but if you touch it when it's hot as hell out it's very sticky. My door panels aren't that bad either they are showing light signs of melting but not too bad. All my panels and dash were approved. I'm not sure if it matters where you live which doesn't make total sense at all but maybe in hotter states they are more lenient to replace. Idk
Old 11-17-15, 06:42 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went back today and my parts have been ordered.
Old 11-25-15, 10:18 AM
boss22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally! I went to my local Lexus dealer which is Hoffman East Hartford CT to perform a recall ( fuel sensor gasket) and a dashboard inspection. Few hours later they asked me if I would like to have my dashboard replaced because they have one in stock? I said: heeelllll yess!!!

I have it now installed and it is beautiful brand new!! Also they took a few pictures of door panels and they will replace them too in the nearly future!! It was best present for Thanksgiving!!

Also they gave me a brand new loaner NX200t for the time my IS was repaired, and that was a nice ride

I love the Lexus dealer!!
Old 11-25-15, 01:08 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Lucky dog!

Here's is what I had sitting in my inbox early this morning from my local Lexus dealer :

"We have received and processed your request for a replacement dash and 4 door panels. Due to the extremely high demand and the low quantity of currently available parts, we are cautioning our owners that it may be 6 months or more until we receive your part. We apologize for the long wait but we have no control over the quantity of parts that are being made available to us at Lexus of Greenville. We will get your part just as soon as is possible. I will contact you and arrange an appointment to quickly get you in for the replacement. If you have any questions regarding this repair, the quickest way to contact me is via this email box."

I don't mind waiting, as long as I get everything replaced I'm happy!
Old 11-25-15, 06:55 PM
trippy
Lead Lap

was wondering will they fix my tweeter on my door if they remove it ? i have aftermarket that's glue on it (focal tweeters) ? only thing holding me back to go to the dealer
Old 11-25-15, 07:42 PM
goy091
Driver School Candidate

6+ months later and my dash/door panels have been replaced! i did have to shell out for the auto headlight sensor located on the top of the dash, which went bad, $200 for the sensor and $100 for the labor. all in all not bad. this year alone the car got a new short block for the carbon build up issue and a whole new interior. 08 with 41k miles.
Old 11-25-15, 07:44 PM
goy091
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trippy
was wondering will they fix my tweeter on my door if they remove it ? i have aftermarket that's glue on it (focal tweeters) ? only thing holding me back to go to the dealer
they should put it back on for you. i have a GROM bluetooth adapter with mic for handsfree calling, and I just let them know I had stuck the mic to the steering column. they put everything back how I had it. I'd let your service adviser know when you take it in.
Old 11-25-15, 11:09 PM
trippy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by goy091
they should put it back on for you. i have a GROM bluetooth adapter with mic for handsfree calling, and I just let them know I had stuck the mic to the steering column. they put everything back how I had it. I'd let your service adviser know when you take it in.
awesome thanks !
Old 11-26-15, 09:33 AM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone actually getting this done. I took mine in about 4 months ago and was put on the list for parts. Finally called them and they just said I was on the list and it would be a few more months. At this point my dash right in front of the driver is just a sticky, shiny mess. The glare is so bad I can hardly see during the day. This is kind of ridiculous.
Old 11-26-15, 03:20 PM
Basselc
Driver School Candidate

^ im right there with you, when driving during the day, the glare is horrendous. I've gotta drive quite far back from cars just to be on the safe side
Old 11-27-15, 04:58 PM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by trippy
What do you mean by glue on it? I have focal tweeters too, you mean the audio shop glued them in??
Old 11-28-15, 01:57 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

good read.
thanks for the post. I just bought my car maybe 2 months ago, I wonder if I can check if this was done already?
or is it still original owner only?
Old 11-29-15, 08:54 AM
videopho
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EDU
good read.
thanks for the post. I just bought my car maybe 2 months ago, I wonder if I can check if this was done already?
or is it still original owner only?
Sub'd and same here.
Old 11-30-15, 01:20 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Name:  image_zpscyxo2h2h.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  421.5 KB

Got the letter in the mail today. My dash looks great is wasn't for this thread I wouldn't think nth is wrong with it. It does Has a very soft area under the dash where it feels different from the rest but it never bother me none. Only thing you can see is a very tiny small crack next to the AC VENT. That's all nth wrong with my dash but I think I'm gonna change it out anyway because issues can come about in the future.

Name:  B3201BF9-3364-41C0-B7A2-36DF6FC6ABA6_zpsgurdtdzj.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  272.2 KB

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!