IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-15, 07:37 AM
Toretto
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

So we're one week deep into Sept, has anyone had their dashes fixed yet?

-Alex
Old 09-07-15, 10:54 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flektone
Seems like a big job to replace the dash. I wonder how its going to look after all said and done.
Some have had it replaced already, look at the pics in prior posts. They paid and were reimbursed
Old 10-16-15, 02:14 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting for a letter - none yet.
Old 10-16-15, 03:21 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Toretto
So we're one week deep into Sept, has anyone had their dashes fixed yet?

-Alex
I got reimbursed for my dashboard a while back. 2 of my door panels have arrived . I'm waiting on on the other 2 before I get all 4 replaced.
Old 10-16-15, 05:27 PM
planethola
Driver School Candidate

My dash and door panels finally got replaced last week here at Treasure Coast Lexus
Old 10-16-15, 05:34 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by planethola
My dash and door panels finally got replaced last week here at Treasure Coast Lexus
Lucky dog. lol. Did you get a letter? Or just went to the dealer?
Old 10-16-15, 05:38 PM
planethola
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by snfrd84
Lucky dog. lol. Did you get a letter? Or just went to the dealer?
Actually on the recommendation of the forum i went to the dealer and they took pics of the interior and said that i was on a waiting list and they only could order 3 sets per model a month.. blah blah blah, that same day i got the letter from lexus advising to take into the dealer =S luckily i had just done that, this was a saturday and i expected it to get done like in another 6 months, but luckily i got the call that monday that the parts were in stock and just to bring it in , they told me lexus took forever because its a new material on the dash and doors needless to say im super happy about the experience.
Old 10-16-15, 05:40 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by planethola
Actually on the recommendation of the forum i went to the dealer and they took pics of the interior and said that i was on a waiting list and they only could order 3 sets per model a month.. blah blah blah, that same day i got the letter from lexus advising to take into the dealer =S luckily i had just done that, this was a saturday and i expected it to get done like in another 6 months, but luckily i got the call that monday that the parts were in stock and just to bring it in , they told me lexus took forever because its a new material on the dash and doors needless to say im super happy about the experience.
That's awesome man. But I took mine to the dealership early Aug. Told me it would be late Aug/Early Sept. That I would get a letter, all that jazz, but never took pix. Guess I'll be making a trip again soon to the dealership. How long were you without the car? They give you a loaner?
Old 10-16-15, 05:49 PM
planethola
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by snfrd84
That's awesome man. But I took mine to the dealership early Aug. Told me it would be late Aug/Early Sept. That I would get a letter, all that jazz, but never took pix. Guess I'll be making a trip again soon to the dealership. How long were you without the car? They give you a loaner?
It took 1 full day, and they did get me a free loaner while it was out of commission.
Old 10-18-15, 07:40 AM
julies
Driver School Candidate

I still haven't had mine replaced. I've been placed on another list (for the third time). As of two weeks ago the dealer says that they have been released (by corporate) to order panels and dash replacements.
Old 10-18-15, 06:50 PM
jjc250
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by julies
I still haven't had mine replaced. I've been placed on another list (for the third time). As of two weeks ago the dealer says that they have been released (by corporate) to order panels and dash replacements.
Do you know if all Lexus dealers are now released to order IS parts or just that one?

Is there anybody who still can't get his/her name on the waiting list?
Old 10-26-15, 05:01 PM
RussZTT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I received another letter. I called the stealership and they stated they're still working on the ES models and the IS models will be later, maybe beginning of the yr. (Im in Florida)
Old 10-27-15, 09:05 AM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Keep us updated with what the dealer does.
I called the dealer 3 weeks ago, a different service advisor was helping me. He said he remembered my car and even said the door panels are bad too... so he placed my order. The dashboard is in, waiting on the door panels to come in now.
Old 10-27-15, 10:22 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by anish3232
I called the dealer 3 weeks ago, a different service advisor was helping me. He said he remembered my car and even said the door panels are bad too... so he placed my order. The dashboard is in, waiting on the door panels to come in now.
That's what i was told, but Lexus corporate says dash & panels are shipped together in same pkg. I get 2 different stories every time I inquire!
Old 10-27-15, 01:26 PM
jameslathr
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a used 2006 lexus IS350 and I definitely realized today I have a melty/sticky dash and sides...

How does a 4th/5th owner of a 2006 car go about getting it fixed? is it expensive?

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!