IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-15, 05:22 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Toretto
I purchased a 2007 a few days ago. I also called a local Lexus dealer (Sewell) and was told all recalls have been completed according to my VIN. Should I ask about this per warranty, clearly I am not the first owner? Thanks!

-Alex
It's not a recall. It is just a warranty enhancement. If your car has the issues you should have it inspected at the dealer to see if it qualifies for the replacement. Go back through this thread and you'll find some scans members have done of the paperwork they've received.
Old 07-05-15, 05:24 PM
Toretto
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A1cntrler
It's not a recall. It is just a warranty enhancement. If your car has the issues you should have it inspected at the dealer to see if it qualifies for the replacement. Go back through this thread and you'll find some scans members have done of the paperwork they've received.
Will do, thanks.

-Alex
Old 07-05-15, 09:15 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex, I bought an '08 IS250 a few days ago, lol. My door panels and dash are pretty sticky. Saw the car came from Miami, so I guess I'll let the dealership inspect the car Wed.
Old 07-06-15, 07:14 AM
Toretto
Driver

Originally Posted by snfrd84
Alex, I bought an '08 IS250 a few days ago, lol. My door panels and dash are pretty sticky. Saw the car came from Miami, so I guess I'll let the dealership inspect the car Wed.
Let me know what you find out! Thanks.

-Alex
Old 07-07-15, 02:06 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Where in SC are you located? I have yet to take mine in; just curious where you go and what they say cuz mine are in rough shape too.
Old 07-07-15, 02:19 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gville350
Where in SC are you located? I have yet to take mine in; just curious where you go and what they say cuz mine are in rough shape too.
Spoke to corporate and lexus of akron-canton.

As of this moment only way to get them replaced is if your dealership can locate the parts and you pay out of pocket after which Lexus will reimburse you. The second option is you wait till august which is when enough parts will be available to start replacement program.

Even though my dealer is able to secure the parts i have to pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed. Total cost is roughly $4500 which includes parts and labor.
Old 07-07-15, 05:18 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Offspring
Spoke to corporate and lexus of akron-canton.

As of this moment only way to get them replaced is if your dealership can locate the parts and you pay out of pocket after which Lexus will reimburse you. The second option is you wait till august which is when enough parts will be available to start replacement program.

Even though my dealer is able to secure the parts i have to pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed. Total cost is roughly $4500 which includes parts and labor.
Um. I can wait...
Old 07-07-15, 05:19 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
Live in Laurens. But will go to the Lexus of Greenville.
Old 07-07-15, 10:46 PM
Toretto
Driver

Um. I can wait...
Ditto LOL! My dash is definitely sticky. Hopefully they will say the doors are too. so I can have those replaced. Anyone notice how the material literally just chips away if you catch it right with your fingernail? I wondered why my driver's side door had so many little chipped areas.

-Alex
Old 07-08-15, 08:33 AM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Toretto
Ditto LOL! My dash is definitely sticky. Hopefully they will say the doors are too. so I can have those replaced. Anyone notice how the material literally just chips away if you catch it right with your fingernail? I wondered why my driver's side door had so many little chipped areas.

-Alex
Make sure you point that out when getting inspected. The manager came out to do my inspection and touched the dash and said definitely, but on the doors he was a bit hesitant. I had to point out the scrapes and show him by lightly dragging my finger across it. He was only pressing it looking for it to be sticky. The doors were only sticky for me right around the grab handle, but elsewhere they were just crumbling.

I was present for the entire inspection. It was done right in the drop-off lane outside service and took maybe 10 minutes (Including going inside when I requested a printout stating what will be replaced so I have it in writing). If you do go make sure it isn't around lunchtime though because they do go on lunch break. This is what they told me when I called about bringing it in.
Old 07-08-15, 01:45 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Before going in for the dash/door panel recall, everyone needs to examine their rear door panels for cracking near the small rear stationary window. I have about a 2" spider-web like crack going on right now, and earlier in the year it wasn't there. Just wanna make sure you're a savvy customer and point out the defects to them before Lexus over-looks it because you didn't point it out.
Old 07-08-15, 02:17 PM
snfrd84
Driver School Candidate

Went today, spoke to a guy in the service dept. He said that they're aware and it should start late August with repairs. Said it didnt matter the number owner you are.

Told me that if I havent go my "recall" letter by early Sept, come up and let him know. Pretty much this is how it will go down:

He named a guy at the dealership that would look at the door panels and dash. Then, take pix, send them to someone to see if it qualifies.

Then, if it does, they'll fix it for free.
Old 07-11-15, 01:31 PM
Toretto
Driver

Had my car in at Sewell today for an unrelated issue and they mentioned the recall. They were happy to advise the door panels and dash would be replaced free of charge.

-Alex
Old 07-12-15, 07:33 AM
Phase2
Driver

If you log into lexus drivers and call the 1800 number they have listed on contact us you can verify if the car is covered. If it is the dealer will have to inspect it and mine here in dallas said they wouldn't have them till September but can go ahead and approve for when they come in.
Old 07-12-15, 09:16 PM
kof1469
Driver School Candidate

I'm wondering if this will affected to recond car over other country?

My original car owner is in uk. We take it into malaysia as a reconditioned car.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!