IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 08:43 AM
et250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dash

Originally Posted by davidma415
Anybody in the same position as me? American car in Canada? Lol, I don't know If i'm even going to get a notice.
Yes, my car is originally from California and i live in Vancouver BC Canada. I just registered online yesterday and used my US mailing address to register. I'm gonna check with local dealer first and might have to go across the border to get it replaced
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-is250dash.jpg  
Old 01-09-15, 01:04 PM
Buya02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What about the navi?

Anyone know when they are going to fix our bs navi? I did the hack and fixed mine, but I know there are a ton of people that haven't....wasn't easy.
Old 01-10-15, 09:26 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

I've owned my 07 IS350 since new, and yet to receive a notice for this, I receive all the other recall notices.
Old 01-10-15, 02:21 PM
boss22
Driver

Just came back from the dealer, I have my recalls done wiper arm nut, fuel pressure sensor gasket, floor mats. They also performed dashboard inspection then service rep gave me a print out about dashboard warranty enhancement that says Lexus USA is in PHASE 1 which means reimbursement. I have to stay tuned for Phase 2 because they starting collecting parts for replacemnet and it may take several months. By the way the service rep mentioned that the most letters the Lexus USA is sending to warm state owners such as FL, CA, AZ, TX I am still waiting for my letter though...

P.S. I had a 2013 ES350 as a loaner for one day - this model kicks ***!!! Roomy, fast, smooth, quiet! My IS is pretty smooth and nice rider also but when I got back my IS 250 I felt like I am driving some old ****ty junk

Old 01-11-15, 06:52 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

I post i didnt get the letter, and what do you know its in the mailbox yesterday. lol
Old 01-11-15, 07:02 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

What state are you in? To the last poster.
Old 01-11-15, 07:27 AM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
What state are you in? To the last poster.
Just look on his profile info on the right - Florida
Old 01-11-15, 11:37 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by boss22
P.S. I had a 2013 ES350 as a loaner for one day - this model kicks ***!!! Roomy, fast, smooth, quiet! My IS is pretty smooth and nice rider also but when I got back my IS 250 I felt like I am driving some old ****ty junk
Yeah, I got this loaner when I got other work done; the 2013 and newer ES drives a lot better than the older models.
Old 01-11-15, 12:32 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Yeah, I got this loaner when I got other work done; the 2013 and newer ES drives a lot better than the older models.
As soon as I sell my IS 250 i will start looking for a good deal on 2013 ES 350 no more small IS
Old 01-11-15, 01:01 PM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bird333
Unfortunately, I have the 250 and there is no recall.
I have the 250 as well... and the cam rattle. I think it is BS that they are only doing the 350.
Old 01-11-15, 01:08 PM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
Yeah bro I took my escalade into stealership and my mirrors were jacked up. Some retards there. My mirrors close inward with a button. Some jacka$$ pulled them in and F'd them up. How do I know this? When I walked to the vehicle they were inward. I pushed the button to open outward and they wouldn't open correctly. Bingo. This would only happen if you manually pull them in.
So If you're skeptical about the stealership I'd say take your panels off, and dash, yourself. I think I'mm sart my system, finally, and will take it apart so all they have to do is put them on. OR ask if I can have the parts myself. I, too, do not want my rims curbed, or scratched, or anything else damaged.
I'll top you. I took my corvette with 4K miles on the ODO into the dealership for warranty work and they cracked the rocker panels. I checked them before leaving and they refused to accept responsibility. After a lot of haggling and refusing to accept my car they said they would repair it. They then gave me a loaner... a kia. I had to haggle up to a civic. Last year I took my vette back in to a different dealership for another warranty related item and specifically mentioned that the last time I brought it into a dealership they cracked my rocker panels. When I went to pick my car up THEY CRACKED MY PANELS AGAIN! Never again GM... never again.
Old 01-11-15, 01:13 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

mines always been in Houston. Tinted, garaged at home, car ported at work, windshield screen always used, and the dash and all 4 doors melt. Got my car approved before the official warranty enhancement but been waiting since nov for parts.
Old 01-11-15, 07:19 PM
mosh12
Driver School Candidate

I'm a little confused. Sorry if this has already been noted, but could someone quickly outline the issue with the door panels and dash? I'm not exactly noticing any issues with my 07 IS350, but a free replacement for something that could go wrong is definitely of interest to me.
Old 01-11-15, 07:23 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mosh12
I'm a little confused. Sorry if this has already been noted, but could someone quickly outline the issue with the door panels and dash? I'm not exactly noticing any issues with my 07 IS350, but a free replacement for something that could go wrong is definitely of interest to me.
Basically they're melting. When I picked mine up, used, the dash was sticky. I thought it just needed cleaning. NOPE. I looked it up, here, and guys were having the same issue saying the same thing. So at least I wan't the only one with a nasty dash. The CO. will be replacing them. I don't know if the dash HAS to be defective? Which some are wondering.
Old 01-11-15, 07:26 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by mosh12
Sticky melty dashboard in the most of the time especially in the direct sun, you touch it and your fingers stick to it cracks all over the dash from the bottom to the top, same with your door panels plus if you scratch it accidentally by your finger nail ex to open or close the door you see a black stuff under your nail and you have a pretty damn mark or scratch on your door panel - over the time you will collect a hundreds of them and they make your door panel looks like crap...

Example video here on Camry:

Last edited by boss22; 01-11-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!